1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Its like everyone forgot about Dawn/Brock already, Iris/Dento have overshadowed them

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CyberCubed, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I knew this would happen. The DP trio is going to wind up being the most forgotten group of the shows history in the long run.

Just a week ago people were sentimental about Dawn and/or Brock's departures, and now its all IRIS AND DENTO! And nobody is mentioning the previous two at all anymore.

On top of this once BW actually starts, the BW trio will probably have great and refreshing chemistry together, so it'll be different than what we had before.

Anyone notice Iris and Dento have taken all the attention away from Dawn and Brock already?

2. Teshub

Teshub Banned

We have four threads with Dawn's name on it in the first page. How exactly is she "forgotten"?

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Those threads were posted a week ago, and are only there because they were bumped up.

4. Teshub

Teshub Banned

There is no point creating new threads when the previously made ones are active.

5. Cazak

Cazak When Wings Fly High

As long as we have you to remind everyone on this forum about old characters by making threads Cyber, I honestly don't think any old protagonist would fade away from memory.Lol.

6. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Even so, you can tell the "attention," is away from them now.

New characters create new hype because nobody knows what to expect from them, whereas Dawn is a 4-year old character and Brock is 13-years old.

7. Teshub

Teshub Banned

Even though Iris is more a Misty type character, people will also compare her to Dawn. Just like they compared May with Misty. It's inevitable just because they were the previous girl in the show.

I am also sure there will be people (like you) making speculation threads of how Dawn will make her cameo. We already had that, "Dawn will return as a stylist" even before BW aired.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Nobody has forgotten Brock or Dawn. Heck, I was just thinking about them a minute ago when I was remembering Piplup and Pikachu in that romantic episode. I think some people are just too caught up in the new game frenzy so maybe it seems like Dento and Iris have overshadowed the previous characters, but that will pass in time.

9. Champion Jared 14

Champion Jared 14 Well-Known Member

DP group dynamics may not have been memorable, but I doubt people will forget the saga as a whole...

And the latter can't be true, because people are still talking about how unfair the departures are for Brock and Dawn, and people are still talking about when they should make their next appearances, so...

10. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They both still might return, not to the main cast, but to return.
    Saying this now is not right, because even one episode of BW hasn't aired yet.

11. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Lets see B&W came out like 5 minutes ago. nobody cares about DP now its all Gen V!

12. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

Just because no one's mentioning Dawn/Brock at this point doesn't mean everyone has forgotten about them. And just because everyone is hyped up about Iris/Dento doesn't mean they are more popular than Dawn/Brock even before Best Wishes has started airing. The hype is only natural when somthing new is presented to someone. You might have been excited as well when your dad bought you a bike when you were 10, but that excitement faded out, say, after 2 or 3 years. Just give it another 3 or 4 years, all the hype about Iris/Dento will fade away. Dawn/Brock might be out of the show, but they will not be forgotten.

13. Teshub

Teshub Banned

If we are going by Cybercubed's "logic" then Iris and Dento will be more forgotten 10 years down the road (let's say the anime ended by that time). The critical factor is how important the character were to the show.

On this basis the most forgotten characters in order from most forgotten to least forgotten would be:

Max - no significant role in the anime
    Tracey - second male sidekick, only lasted for a short time
    Dento - third male sidekick, lasted longer than Tracey
    Iris - third female sidekick, not game heorine
    Misty - first female sidekick, lasted longer than May but got less importance
    May - first game heroine/second girl sidekick, but got less importance than Dawn
    Brock - sidekick that lasted the longest
    Dawn - female co-star, second game heroine
    Ash - star

14. Evilo

Evilo BEAUTIFUL!

Or maybe people have learned to accept the new? Everyone is exicited over the characters....not totally hating on the old ones. JEESH.

15. mew151

mew151 Thunder Trainer

Dawn I have not forgotten. She was the highlight of DP next to Ash. Brock, I forgot all about him since before DP as I believed he wouldn't travel anymore but... this is what we got.

New characters we have not looked at before always overshadow old characters, don't they? It's like the upgrade versions of the 2 released Pokemon games (Platinum to Diamond and Pearl for example) usually overshadow them as there are more options there. No surprise for the characters here in the same situation.

16. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

You'll always remind us, so I guess we have some thing to be thankful about you being here :p

17. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

I always feel like most characters are forgettable; the only memorable ones are Ash, Gary, and Barry. The Pokemon are the real stars, and I feel like that's always forgotten.

18. MasterJedi

MasterJedi Coral Eye Trainer

So Scott, how long are you going to watch BW before you decide to take a break? When you do you should just take a permenant one since I'll still be here in 2014 when BW is ending and Gen 6 is starting up and we don't need more of these pointless "my opinion is fact, this is what is happening with everyone" threads to come back then either.

19. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

Perhaps it's due to moving on and knowing we'll see them again on the writers part.

20. Manene!

Manene! Well-Known Member

The shiny and new characters are getting more attention? OMG, this is shocking. What are you really expecting? People were just as curious about Dawn when she showed up... It's a natural thing, when something is new, people get excited about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.