• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its likely for the best that Misty and Dawn didn't meet

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think its for the best those two didn't meet. The controversy surrounding it would have been too extreme. You'd have the original girl from a decade ago and the coordinator girl with a Piplup interacting.

The writers probably figured the two characters were too different to have anything to relate on, regardless of Piplup. A battle between the two of them would be even worse, because there would be complaining no matter who won.

Not to mention the fanbases of both these characters are too divided, and it would have been a living hell on the forums at the time those eps were airing.

So I think its for the best Misty and Dawn didn't meet. The writers played their cards right.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
There are now too many girls for all of them to meet. It would be a girl madness. But what's the point of this thread anyway?

Sayho1234

Lol, I saw this bait thread coming from you from a mile away from the minute that Misty hadn't appeared in the final DP episode :p.

Silver_Seoul

...So the point of this is "Lol Dawn is gone and lol misty ain't coming back?"

How mature.

Anyone know where that post of his is? The one where he admits he brings up the female cast members to agitate fans? I think ChampionJared keeps up with it frequently.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just think it was better for the fandom that it didn't happen. I wouldn't have mind if Misty appeared at Pallet when DP ended, (although obviously, that didn't happen either), but a meeting between those two? Nah.

PePer

Misty and Dawn meeting would be a ****ing disaster, I mean, shippers shittig brix everywhere, hell no.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, I think its best too every thing would be crazy I tell you :p

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Eh, it would have been about as bad as the threads you make whining about everything. :p

May and Misty met and it was boring, and the same would have happened with Misty and Dawn. I don't know if it was for the best, just people either not carrying (like me) or making mountains out of nothing like they always do.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I personally never cared about Misty and Dawn meeting. Was never a thing I really wanted to see, mainly because Misty and May had bland chemistry together. I would have much rather have seen Dawn and Max meet...for some reason.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I have a feeling that would have been too similar to Misty/Max though.

Not if they didn't get along at first. That's what I was going for. Would have been funny seeing Max think Dawn is stupid, and Dawn thinking Max was annoying. It's not much but considering what we had to work with, it would have been a heck of a lot better then Brock and Dawn trying to interact.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's not much but considering what we had to work with, it would have been a heck of a lot better then Brock and Dawn trying to interact.

Anything is better than watching Dawn and Brock's, "fake" friendship.

As I expected, Dawn said one line to Brock during the goodbye. LOL!

Teshub

Banned
Obviously Dawn got a crush on Ash by the end of the series, so there was no reason for her to even pay attention to Brock. However it was pointless considering the hidden hand of the writers also made a poor excuse for Dawn not to follow him into Kanto.

PePer

Obviously Dawn got a crush on Ash by the end of the series, so there was no reason for her to even pay attention to Brock. However it was pointless considering the hidden hand of the writers also made a poor excuse for Dawn not to follow him into Kanto.

What this s**t has to do with this topic? I don't give f about 10 y old non existant crushes. Stretch your brain out.

Hire an active mod, please.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

I already know Champion Jared and Pokemon Fan 142 are going to respond to this and create a shitstorm.

All I'm gonna say:

Cyber constantly says how the DP trio had no chemistry, do you see all of the DP fans getting up in arms over that? No. Yet you feel the need to throw a tantrum at each and every mere mention of Misty.

Teshub

Banned
What this s**t has to do with this topic? I don't give f about 10 y old non existant crushes. Stretch your brain out.

Because it was part of the final episode storyline...and Misty faced similar predicament because she did not want to leave Brock and Ash.
But for DP191, Piplup and Pikachu stood for Dawn and Ash. Dawn and Piplup showing more emotion than any previous traveling companion.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Because it was part of the final episode storyline...and Misty faced similar predicament because she did not want to leave Brock and Ash.
But for DP191, Piplup and Pikachu stood for Dawn and Ash. Dawn and Piplup showing more emotion than any previous traveling companion.

Dude, this isn't a ship thread buddy.

Now then, on to the topic here, most likely is not going to happened. If... IF! the writers bust a nut (like they usually do), they'll most likely do it.

BlueVapor

It would've been nice, but the relationship probably would've been similar to Misty/May, which would suck, so honestly I don't care :/