• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its likely for the best that Misty and Dawn didn't meet

Thriller

Its almost time
Dawn & Misty didn't need to meet.

Dawn & May didn't need to meet.

Tracey & Dawn don't need to meet.

Brock & Dento don't need to meet.

Iris & Max don't need to meet.

NONE OF ASH'S SEPARATE TRAVELING PARTNERS NEED TO MEET!

Please stop talking about this Cyber. It's so obvious you're just doing it to needlessly bring up Misty and/or bait others who are against one or the other.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
So...just to clarify, you think the writers "played the cards right" and didn't have them meet because it'd result in some unpleasantness on a Pokemon fansite-based-forum called serebiiforums.com?

You learn something new everyday =]

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So why did people act like there was going to be some kind of, "Misty and Dawn alliance," back when DP first started?

They acted like these two characters were going to co-star in some mini-arc or something.

Anyone remember that?

iraqmaster

Is there a real point for Ash's travel companions to even meet?

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I think the interesting thing is about what the characters can do with each other when they are not putrv together by Ash.

Misty and Dawn would probably be two characters that have least in common. Dawn never had any sibblings, Misty three, Misty is a Gym- Leader and Dawn a Coordinator so they have not the same line of profession. In age they also are a few years apart (if we don´t count that no characters age has been stated apart from "10 and can be a trainer"). They would have to work up quite an interesting arc to get them a reason to interact. On the other hand, if they did this it could be really interesting.

In fact, Max is the one who most easily can be put together with another character, he would actually be quite confortable with everyone. In Ash he got his "big brother", in Brock and Tracey the mentor in practical stuff he wanted, and with Misty he got to see his situation from another pov. May is another one, she could interact with both Misty and Dawn, due to her place as once a "student" of Ash (and Brock) and thereforce close to them, and as a coordinator she is in Dawns line of work.

Anyway, the issue is not if the characters should meet but the reason behind and how they would interact with each other. If nothing else I am sure that the most would meet at Ash last get- together.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So if, Misty doesn't meet Dawn, then that means that May doesn't need to meet Iris. What's the point of this thread?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So if, Misty doesn't meet Dawn, then that means that May doesn't need to meet Iris. What's the point of this thread?

But nobody cares if May and Iris, (or even Misty and Iris), don't meet.

This is going back to the beginning of DP when people, for some odd reason, thought Misty would appear in DP instead of May.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
But nobody cares if May and Iris, (or even Misty and Iris), don't meet.

This is going back to the beginning of DP when people, for some odd reason, thought Misty would appear in DP instead of May.

Why do you care so much if Misty meets everyone but Iris, Dawn, and May gets dissed? If we're going to be fair then let's be fair. Misty already meet May. Now you say you want Misty and Dawn to meet. But if they could, than so can May and Iris. Don't count other people out just because you like a certain one. They have all traveled with Ash and they are all his friends. But like I keep saying even though if they met, it doesn't mean that they'll get along.

Perapmanta_017

I wish they had met. May got to meet her- why not Dawn ? Anyway, we'll probably never see any of those girls again :(

Pokeaholic

I think misty didn't appear over the past four years and will not appear is because there is something wrong with misty japanese voice actor thats why she didnt appear !
maybe she quit working or something like that .. i heard this but i'm not sure
plz let me know if its true or not .

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think misty didn't appear over the past four years and will not appear is because there is something wrong with misty japanese voice actor thats why she didnt appear !
maybe she quit working or something like that .. i heard this but i'm not sure
plz let me know if its true or not .

That has nothing to do with it. The writers don't want the character to appear, the VA has nothing to do with her lack of appearance.

Champion Jared 14

I would like to see some proof of this. Obviously, you're probably referring to some ancient posts from 2006 around the time when DP first started from "few" members who wanted Misty to make an appearance over May. I think that's what you want. You want to draw "those" specific people out...Well sir, good luck with that!

In other news, it was pretty much a given that May's chances of making an appearance were better for her, she was the last previous main character to DP, and she was a coordinator just like Dawn was. The writers threw her in there since you all were wrong about May sticking around for DP. Lol. I mean, honestly, a lot of you all thought that just because DP had super contests, that May would stay to advertise them. Remember that guys? Yeah, I do...there were some May fans that wanted May to not only be Misty's replacement, but a PERMANENT fixture in the show...lol, I know some people were disappointed...

Basically, she got her appearance, Misty got...the 'lure' reference....Meh...Oh well...

Do I think May is the only girl that she'll meet? Honestly I don't know...Do I care? At the moment, no...I'd much rather have the writers do another round of "Hoso Specials" or whatever they were called in AG so we can have another round of Pokemon Chronicles, or whatever. I'd rather them show Misty and the other characters like Casey, Tracy, Richie, etc growing and developing, and doing their own things. That's another thing that made AG great. That and the "Glory Day" ending.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They should make a new set of specials now that 90% of the cast is off the show, but I honestly doubt we'll ever get anything like it again.

Snorby

Snorby
Misty, Brock, May, Max, and Dawn will get a cameo around Isshu league time, methinks. Other than to say that, I just read this to hear all the mini-fights this would hopefully kick up. Cyber strikes again. xDD