• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Mr. Mime Time! (064)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I didn't understand why the circus Mr. Mime being trained too hard made it lazy since you would think that the opposite would be true instead.

The dub's explanation didn't make much sense. Originally the Barrierd became lazy and complacent because its trainer spoiled it too much, which kind of ruined some of the character development that this episode was supposed to showcase.

SerenaRulez

I laughed hard when the ring leader lady started cracking the whip at Ash and went total drill sergeant on him.

Me too and I was shocked by how forceful and strict she was. It made me feel empathy for poor Mr. Mime because his trainer sort of deserved to be ignored by him after that kind of treatment.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If it wasn’t a kids show, I bet that lady would have been a dominatrix. The way she cracked that whip was disturbing yet hilarious as Ash panicked while she screamed at him.

Red and Blue

Lol
To think this was a Ash capture episode the whole time

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
If it wasn’t a kids show, I bet that lady would have been a dominatrix. The way she cracked that whip was disturbing yet hilarious as Ash panicked while she screamed at him.

In a way she reminded me of Kojirou's ex-fiancee Rumika given that they both had whips in their debut episodes. I can't help but wonder if this episode would've been edited to remove the whip if it had premiered in recent years.

Captain Jigglypuff

Something interesting is that means Ash caught Mr Mime in order to bring it home
It was offscreen but nothing was proved otherwise either
This is completely false. Mr. Mime wandered into the Ketchum house on his own free will and decided to stay when Delia gave him food. Mr Mime then helped around the house but he never really belonged to anyone since no one used a Poké Ball on him. It’s Haunter all over again where you have some people and official sources claiming Ash caught and owned Haunter when it actually decided to follow Ash and was never caught.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
This is completely false. Mr. Mime wandered into the Ketchum house on his own free will and decided to stay when Delia gave him food. Mr Mime then helped around the house but he never really belonged to anyone since no one used a Poké Ball on him. It’s Haunter all over again where you have some people and official sources claiming Ash caught and owned Haunter when it actually decided to follow Ash and was never caught.

What official sources claimed that Ash caught Haunter? We have several official sources that say Ash caught Mr. Mime which means we have to assume that it happened offscreen in this episode but I've never seen any evidence that proved Haunter was Ash's Pokemon.

Red and Blue

What official sources claimed that Ash caught Haunter? We have several official sources that say Ash caught Mr. Mime which means we have to assume that it happened offscreen in this episode but I've never seen any evidence that proved Haunter was Ash's Pokemon.
None that I know off. It wasn't even on the map of Pokemon Ash caught that came out during BW(which did include Mimey and his temporary Raticate)

Captain Jigglypuff

A couple of older books officially licensed by Nintendo said it. I can’t remember which one it was but this was before DP came out. I think it might have been from a book that you could order from Scholastic Books in elementary schools. Those books gave out so much info that was completely false that it’s amazing that they were actually licensed by GF themselves. There was one book that claimed that called Donphan the “Armored Bird” Pokemon and another said that Wurmple’s evolution depended on the time of day.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Something interesting is that means Ash caught Mr Mime in order to bring it home
It was offscreen but nothing was proved otherwise either

I'm just going to assume that the capture itself wasn't shown because of timing constraints, although time could've been spared for that scene if the writer hadn't spent so long on the battle against the Rocket-dan.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
A couple of older books officially licensed by Nintendo said it. I can’t remember which one it was but this was before DP came out. I think it might have been from a book that you could order from Scholastic Books in elementary schools. Those books gave out so much info that was completely false that it’s amazing that they were actually licensed by GF themselves. There was one book that claimed that called Donphan the “Armored Bird” Pokemon and another said that Wurmple’s evolution depended on the time of day.

Those Scholastic books are notorious for having alot of errors so I dunno if they count as accurate official sources. How would the book writer even know if Haunter was officially caught when even the Japanese writers have never talked about that?