• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Mr. Mime Time! (064)

Ash hitting his face against Mr. Mime's invisible barrier was my favorite scene from here + so was the Team Rocket tank attack portion at the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Atsuko's lazy Barrierd was a total prima donna. I liked how Satoshi and his friends offered to help Atsuko during the circus show, but the Rocket-dan just had to intervene as usual. Hanako meeting the wild Barrierd and choosing to keep it as her maid was unusual, but I liked watching the two Barrierd team up in the end.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was so hilarious and I almost cracked up. Mr. Mime itself was such a hilarious Pokemon with the way it looks and everything. It was nice to see Delia get her own Pokemon, too, especially one that helps her with chores/slave work.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't get why Dehlia even kept the wild Mr. Mime though...?

Well Mr Mime clearly liked her and was good at doing chores and stuff, plus I always imagined that Delia likely felt lonely by herself at home. So Mr Mime was a good choice to keep her company. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well Mr Mime clearly liked her and was good at doing chores and stuff, plus I always imagined that Delia likely felt lonely by herself at home. So Mr Mime was a good choice to keep her company. :3

She wasn't lonely: she had Oak to keep her company. But yes, Mr. Mime was a good catch for her because it was her slave helper around the house. Delia also spoiled him, which is why he stayed.~

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Brock sort of creeped me out in this when he had a plan that involved dressing Ash up as a Mr Mime lol. It was nice seeing Pallet Town again as well

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Brock sort of creeped me out in this when he had a plan that involved dressing Ash up as a Mr Mime lol. It was nice seeing Pallet Town again as well

I loved that clip and how creepy Brock's expression was lol, and Ash screaming when Brock grabbed his shoulders was hilarious. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Brock's whole plan of dressing up Ash as a Mr. Mime was cruel. Why didn't Brock dress himself up instead of using Ash?

Takeshi just wanted to help Atsuko's Barrierd to get on her good side since he had an obvious crush on her, so he had Satoshi do the dirty work for him, which is really messed up in hindsight.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
She wasn't lonely: she had Oak to keep her company. Delia also spoiled him, which is why he stayed.~

She didn't hang out with Oak here however if I remember right. She was kind of by herself and then suddenly Mr Mime showed up at her house and she mistook him for Ash ha ha. But she did kind of spoil him tho, like when she bribed him with dessert.

ZilverLox

Banned
What a wonderful way to give Delia some attention while showing us Mr. Mime too. I loved the circus scenes and Ash's costume! But I was scratching my head when Mr. Mime's Barrier attack managed to enclose the TRio's tank. It was one of those bad anime logic moments.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash's mom using Mr. Mime as a servant was messed up. I'm struggling to understand why she even needed her own Pokemon when she never battles...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash's mom using Mr. Mime as a servant was messed up. I'm struggling to understand why she even needed her own Pokemon when she never battles...

Barrierd likely went with Hanako as a way of making her somewhat more intriguing since she lacked any distinctive qualities before she obtained Barrierd.

The circus trainer woman was a slave master, like holy crap. No wonder Mr. Mime wasn't listening to her and it's funny how she thought she was being too soft on Mr. Mime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The circus trainer woman was a slave master, like holy crap. No wonder Mr. Mime wasn't listening to her and it's funny how she thought she was being too soft on Mr. Mime.

Originally, Atsuko's training methods were too harsh for her Barrierd to handle, which caused him to become disobedient to her commands, which made more sense than the dubbed version's explanation.

Daizy

I call you honey
Mr. Mime building solid walls around Team Rocket's tank was amazing but Team Rocket seemed kinda stupid when they blasted those walls since it was obvious what would happen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
but Team Rocket seemed kinda stupid when they blasted those walls since it was obvious what would happen.

Well in their defense, they needed an escape method fast, so crashing through the barriers with rockets was their only hope.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
This episode is rather boring. I liked the fact Mimey decided to stay with Delia, but the lazy Mr. Mime annoyed me.
5/10

The lazy one at least had an excuse however since its owner went about training it all wrong. She didn't know what she was doing, which drove a wedge between them and led to its disobedience much like how Satoshi and Lizardon didn't get along.

I didn't understand why the circus Mr. Mime being trained too hard made it lazy since you would think that the opposite would be true instead. The Pokemon circus was actually a good idea and it's too bad that t the plot focused more on Ash dressing up as Mr. Mime than on the other circus performances. Ash's mother getting her own Mr. Mime at the end didn't feel right to me because she was not a trainer so the capture ended up being pointless. 6/10