• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its my first time... be gentle...|OU/UU RMT|

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
This is my first attempt at making a competitive team. Any suggestions will be very welcome, but please make your post worthwhile.

At a glance...
407.png
474.png
212.png
373.png
464.png
130.png

The Leader...

407.png

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid (+ Speed / - Atk,)
Ability: Natural Cure
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ground

Chuck down some Toxic Spikes and send to sleep, HP Ground, then as a last hurrah Leaf Storm can do some damage.

The Special Sweeper...

474.png

Porygon - Z @ Wise Glasses
Modest (+ Sp. Atk / - Atk)
Ability: Adaptability
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Agility

Inspired from the Salac Berry set up on Smogon. I chose Adaptability to put Tri Attack from 120 to 160, if Adaptability gets moved, so will Tri Attack.

The Army of Physical Sweepers...

212.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant (+ Atk / - Sp. Atk)
Ability: Technician
200 HP / 112 Attack / 196 Sp. Defence
- Roost
- Sword Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break

A lot more balance, with Roost and SD Bug Bit and Bullet Punch are improved by Technician.

373.png

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive (+ Speed / - Sp. Defence)
Ability: Intimidate
16 Attack / 240 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Much better, thanks to the legend known as Chaotic_Tyrant... A lot more balance, DM is there for a final hurrah.

464.png

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
Adamant (+ Attack / - Sp. Attack)
Ability: Solid Rock
252 Hp / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Mega Horn

Fire Punch for those pesky Grass types, and the rest in very standard. This is the one that I'm thinking of removing for a wall.

130.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
4 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

The late Physical sweeper its job is to tie up loose ends.

Team Review...​
Now, I like to play my games aggressively, I think that this team may be too aggressive, perhaps I should leave out one, or even two of the Physical sweepers, for some wall, or maybe throw in a mixed sweeper.

Final Look...
212.png
474.png
407.png
373.png
464.png
130.png

Changes in Bold.

Last edited:

aggronrules

Can't touch this.
gyarados get stone edge,waterfall,earthquake,dragon dance, scizor-x scizor not bug bite, porygon z need scarf, psychi, agility,4 ice beam, thunderbolt

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
Gyarados, I will add Stone Edge in place of Avalanche.

With Scizor/Technician Bug Bite is hitting 90, and X-Scissor only hits 80.

On Porygon - Z I'll put a scarf on, and swap Ice Beam for Dark Pulse.

Has this team been tested? It has a lot problems with SD Luke, MixApe and without Gyarados, Scizor rapes your team.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
No, not yet, I need to though.

I'm going to make some changes that Chaotic_Tyrant suggested.

Added, and waiting for more advice...

Last edited:

Towriss

Banned
Pretty good for a first timer! However, since you're new, you're not perfect. So I'll be glad to help you;)! The first flaw that I would see is the fact that you have Roserade and Rhyperior. Replace Roserade for Swampert and replace Rhyperior for Bronzong. And that wraps up part 1! Note: Their will be a part 2 and part 3.

THAT'S NOT A RATE. You ***. You gave no reasons as to why he should do that(You shouldn't btw). PLEASE STOP POSTING.

zapper22001

Join BLD
@I like Pikachu
Seriously,do NOT rate if you don't know how to. Don't say you do because you don't. You don't even have the time to back up your suggestions so that is just fail.

@OP
The error that stands out to me the most is Mystic Water on Gyra. Either go with Leftovers for bulk or Life Orb for power. Frankly, Mystic Water is only like a 1.2 iirc boost on Water type moves so it's very limitating. Most type boosting items like Mystic Water, aren't used in Competetive play. I would go with Life Orb as you are using an OffensvieDos.

On Scizor, I would go with Leftovers as Life Orb doesn't make use of your Bulky EV spread.

Your Porygon-Z is too frail to pull off that set without support so it has to go. Since you are Luke and Scizorweak, I would recommend Rotom-h, more specifically a ScarfSet.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest nature (+Sp.A, -Att)
188 Hp/ 124 Sp.A/ 196 Spe
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat

The spread was made by another rater, Blue Ace. The Ev's make so that you outspeed Jolly max Spe Weavile with the Choice Scarf and Jolly max Spe Tyranitar without it. In addition, the Hp Ev's reach a Leftovers recovery number should you get the expected Leftovers trade-off and the Sp.A Ev's gurantee a OHKO on 40 Hp Azelf (non-lead or choiced standard).
I took this from JRC's rate. heh heh

Your Roserade lead is not suited for your team as TS isn't abused by the team. TS is effectively abused when you can draw out more turns against your opponent.(think sweepers like:SubChargeRotom, CMRachi) As you said, your team is very aggresive, therefore an SR lead would be more suitable for your team. I would go with an Aero lead or an Azelf lead as they can get the job done and can set the rhythm of the battle for you.

Hope this helps.

randomspot555

407.png

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid (+ Speed / - Atk,)
Ability: Natural Cure
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ground

Fairly standard. I guess whatever HP you choose is up to preference. I've found that without HP Fire, then Roserade is very open to Scizor counters if Sleep Clause has already been activated.

I've noticed a something about the rest of your team. You've left out status inducing moves, which is good. If you keep Toxic Spikes down and they can't heal themselves, then there's no need for it. However, you don't havea nyone to block rapid spinning, or even to set up other entry hazards.

-Z looks like it's at least worth trying out.

212.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant (+ Atk / - Sp. Atk)
Ability: Technician
200 HP / 56 Attack / 196 Sp. Defence / 56 Speed
- Roost
- Sword Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

A lot more balance, with Roost and SD Bug Bit and Bullet Punch are improved by Technician.

Besides Skarmory, what do the 56 speed EVs outrun? What can Skarmory do besides Roar you away, which is a negative priority move, and you have nothing to hurt it with anyway.

Bug Bite sounds appealing to get some sort of Berry Boost, but I think in time you'll want to grab Superpower or Brick Break instead.

You also don't have a check on status. While this isn't full proof, replacing Sub for Roost and Lefties for Life Orb can help.

Mence is fine.

Rhyperior is going to let you down in so many ways. Use anything else. The Rotom-H set for Rest Talk can give you a check on status, Gyarados, and you can cripple physical attackers with WOW.

Gyarados' nature needlessly hinders it's SpDefense. Use Adamant nature to lower a stat he won't be using, sp atk. Leftovers, Life Orb, or Wacan Berry would be much better than Mystic Water.

gyarados get stone edge,waterfall,earthquake,dragon dance, scizor-x scizor not bug bite, porygon z need scarf, psychi, agility,4 ice beam, thunderbolt

I have no idea what this even means. Don't take this guys' advice unless he backs it up.

Pretty good for a first timer! However, since you're new, you're not perfect. So I'll be glad to help you;)! The first flaw that I would see is the fact that you have Roserade and Rhyperior. Replace Roserade for Swampert and replace Rhyperior for Bronzong. And that wraps up part 1! Note: Their will be a part 2 and part 3.

Don't listen to this. This guy is intentionally trying to screw you over. Roserade is a fine lead, and Swampert and Rhyperior are not the same Pokemon.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
Fairly standard. I guess whatever HP you choose is up to preference. I've found that without HP Fire, then Roserade is very open to Scizor counters if Sleep Clause has already been activated.

Yeah that was an option to go with Fire, but decided to go with Ground as its still is 2x against Sciz. And also 4x against Nape.

I've noticed a something about the rest of your team. You've left out status inducing moves, which is good. If you keep Toxic Spikes down and they can't heal themselves, then there's no need for it. However, you don't havea nyone to block rapid spinning, or even to set up other entry hazards.

See I am doing somethings right, but do you mean I should try Rapid Spin on Porygon-z?

Besides Skarmory, what do the 56 speed EVs outrun? What can Skarmory do besides Roar you away, which is a negative priority move, and you have nothing to hurt it with anyway.

Against Skarmory I'll switch out for Salamence.

Bug Bite sounds appealing to get some sort of Berry Boost, but I think in time you'll want to grab Superpower or Brick Break instead.

Not sure what you mean.

You also don't have a check on status. While this isn't full proof, replacing Sub for Roost and Lefties for Life Orb can help.

I'll change the Life Orb for Leftovers.

Rhyperior is going to let you down in so many ways. Use anything else. The Rotom-H set for Rest Talk can give you a check on status, Gyarados, and you can cripple physical attackers with WOW.

Thinking of putting in a wall, maybe Dusknoir. Thoughts?

Gyarados' nature needlessly hinders it's SpDefense. Use Adamant nature to lower a stat he won't be using, sp atk. Leftovers, Life Orb, or Wacan Berry would be much better than Mystic Water.

I'll change nature to Adamant and put on Wacan Berry.

Don't listen to this. This guy is intentionally trying to screw you over. Roserade is a fine lead, and Swampert and Rhyperior are not the same Pokemon.

I thought something was going on there.

Maxisawesome

If you're going for a rest tank I highly suggest a Milotic.
Give it Leftovers and an EV spread like this: 4 hp/252def/252sp.def/
It's Marvel scale Doubles defense, and it'll still attack w/ Sleep talk.
Plus it already has high Sp. Def, so it'll be a wall w/ it's huge Def when asleep.

kiltank

Kiltank
Yeah that was an option to go with Fire, but decided to go with Ground as its still is 2x against Sciz. And also 4x against Nape.

not trying to be mean, but i would sig that if i knew how... scizor ONLY has a 4x weakness to fire. get it in your heads people! also, nape only has 2x weakness to ground.

Thinking of putting in a wall, maybe Dusknoir. Thoughts?

Well the rotom that was suggested does sound nice, but i can advise these dusknoir sets if your not taking the rotom...

dusknoir @ lefties
impish/bold
252 HP, 252 def
Pressure
- WoW
- Toxic
- Protect
- Night shade

the nature doesnt matter (between those 2) as he doesnt use real atks. WoW for physical threats. Toxic for special. protect to stall. and night shade for something high and consistant, as all the ev's are defensive. i would only advice this set if it is paired with a special wall who can take physical hits (vice versa of this set) if not then the standard would work.

dusknoir @ lefties
impish
252 HP, 228 def, 28 atk
- WoW
- Pain Split
- T Punch/Ice Punch
- EQ/Fire Punch

standard... dont really know how to explain but... standard. your pick.

zapper22001

Join BLD
I said that the rate will come. That's just the intro. Geez.
Then why are you posting in the first place? You do realize that post count does NOT equal respect right?

It seems like this was directed to me.

I guess it's a playstyle/ preference issue. I don't see TS being the most helpful as the OP's Pogeys can't really stall out some turns and rack up the TS damage. Plus many of the Pogeys are frail so it's not an ideal situation to be stalling. TS should really be abused on teams that need a way to get around Blissey as it means that the pink fat blob can't just sit around anymore. I see SR being more helpful as it'll help with sweeping much better.

Kebilito

WHAAAAAAT!?
Here's part 2! Well, according to last time, I said that you should get rid of(blah, blah, blah) and now I'm going do the actual rate. Your Scizor have a lot of mistakes. I'd recommend that you make a complete move makeover. Firstly, get rid of SD, Bug Bite, and Roost. Scizor is not a Bug/Flying. He's a Bug/Steel. So that's why I'd get rid of Roost. Bug Bite sucks. And SD because everyone competitive battler know that Scizor is 4xweak to Fire types and yours can't even deal with Rock, Poison, and all that crap. I'd replace Roost, SD, and Bug Bite with Pursuit, Superpower, and X-Scissors. U-Turn is an option if you ever encounter those nasty Fire types. For Gyarados, he's pretty good although I'd replace the Wacan Berry with a Life Orb. For your Porygon-Z, it's a nice Pokemon although I'd replace Agility with HP Fighting. And trade your Salac Berry for a Choice Scarf and that wraps up part 2!

Only thing you actually said that was decent was LO on gyara which is correct.

You're terrible at rating so stop.

Bug bite is not bad at all and after technician+STAB it has a higher BP then x-scissor. Uh a pokemon doesn't need to be a flying type to use roost effectively and scizor uses it completely fine especially on a bulky SD set. U-turn/pursuit/superpower are pretty pointless on SD scizor and you're pretty much telling him to just use CB scizor which is completely different.

Last time i checked bullet punch is 2x against rock types and after an SD destroys most. Poison's are more common in UU and even if they are seen in OU he can handle them through another way. Scizor isn't meant to hit everything for neutral or SE.

Agility pory is kinda shitty, but agility is completely fine so next time when telling him to change something to a completely different set at least mention why.

now you, shadow and jolteon, and whoever else should REALLY stop rating (or trying to)

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
Scizor
I wouldnt use bullet puch maybe metal claw which still gets your technician and STAB as well also it could give you a possible attack increase

Rhyperior
Just an idea maybe sub-punch instead of EQ and Megahorn

The idea is for type coverage you get a boost to focus punch with the orb and can ko steel threats being as you already have EQ on gyara and mence also can cover kazam with scizors bug bite

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Scizor
I wouldnt use bullet puch maybe metal claw which still gets your technician and STAB as well also it could give you a possible attack increase

Rhyperior
Just an idea maybe sub-punch instead of EQ and Megahorn

The idea is for type coverage you get a boost to focus punch with the orb and can ko steel threats being as you already have EQ on gyara and mence also can cover kazam with scizors bug bite

No, no and a million times NO! There's a reason why Bullet Punch has made Scizor so popular (technician, priority, STAB).

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
To All those who say to remove Bullet Punch from Scizor can GTFO, go and learn something and then come back.
@ Towriss: I forgot... GTFO of my thread, your just as fucking bad...
@ Kiltank: I made a small error on typing, not sure if that is sig worthy...
@ I like Pikachu: Use one post not two. And, I have to Wacan to limit electricity... "Anyone who know anything knows that Gyarados is 4x weak to thinder. :|"
@ Kebilito: Thanks for trying, and saving me some typing time :)
@ Arceu$_EX: For ideas on Sciz, see top post. Sub punch, has been considered...
@ AirHorton: Thanks for making that point.
@ arceus7: Thanks I suppose.

Anyone else who posts, please think about weather you are actually making a contribution, and not just being a tool. :|

Wacan Berry on DDDos is a tad... odd. Could work though, although Leftovers could prove more useful.

Your Scizor needs Superpower over Bug Bite, otherwise it gets completely walled by Steels and you can't do anything to Magnezone even on the switch in. Also, the EVs could be adjusted to take advantage of this, since you'll lose Superpower battles against other Scizor with that spread. Take all of the Speed EVs and put them into Atk, that way you have the chance of a speed tie against other Scizor and might KO. Also beefs up the power of Bullet Punch.

Petaya Berry on Porygon-Z is kinda a waste, since after an Agility you won't get to use it much unless the ever-present Scizor rears its sexy head. I say Leftovers or Wise Glasses would be better, but not Life Orb since it limits survivability (and Z is fragile enough as is).

Change Life Orb on Rhyperior into either Choice Band or Expert Belt, the extra power isn't worth the 10% damage on something bulky like that.

And, unless you like accuracy, Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Salamence.

I'm pretty sure this team is weak to a few certain threats, but I can't think of them right now. SD Luke and LO/ScarfMie float to my mind, but I'm not sure. Good stuff DDM.

Kebilito

WHAAAAAAT!?
It should be brick break > superpower on SD scizor so your attack/defense doesn't drop after every hit, after an SD or two it'll hit the **** you need to hit hard enough anyways.