• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's not THAT Bad

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I had HW: Velocity X for the GCN. I found some fun out of it. The Hot Wheels Prototype sucked though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This makes no sense. Controls are what make it possible to play the game. They are the gameplay.

No they're not. Controls are only part of the gameplay. I'm talking about the gameplay mechanics, the "rules" of the game if you will.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
No they're not. Controls are only part of the gameplay. I'm talking about the gameplay mechanics, the "rules" of the game if you will.

On the mechanics, I haven't played the game(I wanted to since I do enjoy the Riders series but lol buying a Kinect), so I'll just take your word for it. But the controls are still a very important part of the gameplay. You can't have great gameplay if you have awful controls.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
On the mechanics, I haven't played the game(I wanted to since I do enjoy the Riders series but lol buying a Kinect), so I'll just take your word for it. But the controls are still a very important part of the gameplay. You can't have great gameplay if you have awful controls.

@Bolt the Cat... sorry this is basically what I meant, my wording was a tad off, this guy got it down better :p

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Put my Wii away when I got my Wii U the other day and found Super Mario Sunshine in the basement...I didn't play Arkham City that night. I can see why the fans nitpick this one though, the controls aren't as smooth as 64, the camera angle's super annoying, and the blue coins are dreadful to find. Nonetheless, as the first title in the Super Mario franchise I ever owned, I had a good time and played the heck out of it for 3 hours straight.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
my "not that bad" game would be Golden Axe: Beast Rider. All the reviews I've seen give it 2's or 3's.

Now i only rented it for a week, and this was almost a year ago, but from what i remember it wasn't that awful.

Its kind of like a not-as-good God of war, Basically you run around and kill everything in site.

I don't pay attention to a games story that often, but in this you are trying to rescue the last titan for something.

I'd Definitely play it again if my rental store didn't remove it to make room for new games.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
Kirby's Dreamland 3 is a lot better than people give it credit for. People unfavorably compare it to Superstar, but I find it to be the superior game. I love the textures in the graphics, the slower more relaxed pace and the weird attack combinations you can experiment with.

King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 seems to get bashed on a lot too, mostly because it's a 3d (2.5d technically) game in a primarily 2d fighting franchise. But I honestly think it's pretty fun. It may not play the tightest, but it's a great hybrid between 2d fighter special moves and 3d fighter combos. I also really love the large number of unlockable outfits in the game. The maximum impact subseries has gotten a little more love since it was canned completely, but that praise mostly went to Maximum Impact Regulation A, which doesn't have all the extra features 2 does.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. Pales in comparison to the original Nights, but for a game that was in development since the Dreamcast Era, it turned out much better than Duke Nukem Forever did.

Blinx: The Time Sweeper 1 & 2. Confusing controls, but fun as hell to play.

Oh hai SPPf /ovgd/

GreatGonzales

The Master
Lester the Unlikely.

No, sorry, sorry. I was actually laughing as I typed that. But on a serious note, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I don't know about you guys, but all my friends who are elder scrolls fans didn't like it. I have no idea as to why. It was great. Massive, unending, entertaining.

D

Deleted member 318910

ZombiU. I don't know why everybody keeps saying it's too hard, it's an ACTUAL zombie survival game, unlike L4D2 which, while awesome, is more of a zombie shooter action game, where you can refill on ammo constantly, find weapons everywhere, and is just generally easier (until you fight tanks. Another story). ZombiU makes you search for a freaking kricket bat, while ammo is scarce, there;s like one assault rifle in the entire game, and food only heals about 1/8 of your health.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
YuGiOh: The Falsebound kingdom.

I'm serious.

I love you. :D

I enjoyed this game as well. The combat was really good (in my opinion). I'd like to be able to find this game one of these days, and experience the nostalgia of the original series again.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This isn't really a game example, but the Bioshock Infinite box art. The fact that this is a "controversy" makes me laugh.

Zibdas

not bad
This isn't really a game example, but the Bioshock Infinite box art. The fact that this is a "controversy" makes me laugh.

It's stupid. He's clearly holding down the trigger; the gun should be firing behind him, but it's not. WHY

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
New Little King's Story(Not sure if it's widely hated, but not exactly kindest reception)
Metroid: Other M

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The Donkey Kong Country GBA ports. Still troubled, but not to the extent I was led to believe. Would still rather play the SNES versions, though.

ZombiU. I don't know why everybody keeps saying it's too hard, it's an ACTUAL zombie survival game, unlike L4D2 which, while awesome, is more of a zombie shooter action game, where you can refill on ammo constantly, find weapons everywhere, and is just generally easier (until you fight tanks. Another story). ZombiU makes you search for a freaking kricket bat, while ammo is scarce, there;s like one assault rifle in the entire game, and food only heals about 1/8 of your health.

Probably because most people prefer a game where the odds are reasonably in your favor, at least in terms of a scenario. (Also the Tanks are fairly easy outside the higher difficulties or places where you find cars.) Also, probably because they want to play a zombie shooter, not a zombie survival game. People who play Left 4 Dead are typically not the same audience who plays, say, Resident Evil or other survival-horror games, or at least doesn't play one when they're in the mood for the other's genre.

Also, I think a lot of "hardcore gamers" look at the Wii U as a gimmick system, the way they probably did the Wii and 3/DS when they came out.

I played a demo of Other M and found the 3D controls really clunky. Also, IDK that melee combat is a good direction for the series to go in, I'd prefer a 3D FPS/FPA like Prime.

Or maybe a 2.5D variant on the Super Metroid formula?

CuriousHeartless

Okami and/or Okamiden.

No. Saying Okami is looked down on is a pure lie. Pretty much everyone (Except JohnScorcher who still respects the game at the least) who has ever talked about it seems to heap nothing but praise on it and it is very well known. It sold poorly, yes, but thanks to GamesRadar's love of the game and general good reception once people learned about it, you cannot truthfully say it is underrated. And I hated the games-I will admit-the art style is not good in my opinion, it is far too easy to get lost, most of the gods seem to really just be the same bipolar dork-then-proper with a slightly different trait and different species, I didn't much like ANY of the characters, and it really isn't all that fun. Okay, add me to the list of people who don't heap praise on this game, but it is still a very small list not counting trolls.

Sorry, I take back what I said about not liking any of the characters. I did like some of the characters, just not most of them. THe dogs were pretty cool.

Shadow of the colossus. Nobody likes or even heard of it.

Again, no. It is a very well known game. Again, it started out small and bad selling, but word of mouth spread and now it is very well known and beloved. Again, I don't much like this one. The gameplay feels weird, the atmosphere is too desolate and depressing, the ending is really cruel, and it quickly becomes clear that the Colossus aren't evil beasts or anything while you don't actually get to learn about the love interest so at least for me it was weird killing large creatures just trying to protect themselves to revive a shallow love interest. No, I take it back, she isn't shallow, because that would imply there was at least a little there, no she was pretty much a prop until the end. And before anyone says 'Well that was the point of the game' or anything, that is not an excuse to stop someone from disliking it.

This is true for almost every Digimon game. People always seem to hate on them because they're not as good as Pokemon games, but they're still good games in their own right.

I'm also a big fan of Digimon World 2, which seems to get a lot of hate from fans of the first Digimon World. It's a tile-based dungeon crawler like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but it has a bigger emphasis on traps and obstacles.

I agree. Admittedly, a lot of Digimon games do have major flaws, but they are good games in their own rights.

Last edited:
I just played Sonic and the Blacknight, and I'm going to admit that I liked it. It certainly wasn't revolutionary by any means, but I had fun playing it. Sometimes it's fun to just run around and jump, not every game is going to be an Adventure 1 and 2.

Also, Mysims. I will admit that it's an incredibly childish game, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good game. It's a fun way to be creative, especially if you just like building and customizing things. Not every game has to be for hardcore gamers, some can indeed just be to relax and unwind.

noseklig

I don't understand why people don't like shadow the hedgehog