• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its odd how Ash's original two travel companions got it worse off overall

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Says the fully grown 20 year old adult who keeps track of every single insignificant minor detail about this cartoon & overall possesses more knowledge about this cartoon than the entire fandom put together. Also didn't you obsess over the characters: Gliscor, Ambipom, and Ash's entire Hoenn team? Hypocrite much?

I never said I wasn't also bias. :)

The only reason I bring this stuff up is because I've been watching the show for 13 years and have NEVER stopped in the middle (like most people stopped watching for a while and then came back), and has seen every episode.

When BW starts I'll be making my first ever hiatus from the series, after the initial eps. :)

thunderblade12

Just wondering, what does number of episodes have to do with personality? Because when it came to Togekiss, we were talking about personality.

As for Dawn being a "leech," wouldn't that make Ash one too? He got the spinning technique from her which ultimately helped him defeat Roark. And then there's May who left Ash all because her style was becoming too similar to Ash's IIRC. Not trying to defend Dawn out of any self-interest or anything ( I know that's what some of you are probably assuming), but you really can't say Dawn copies when Ash and May do as well. Even Paul copied counter shield from Ash.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Perhaps Iris getting a smaller role may be because the writers feel Dawn's screentime took too much focus away from Ash's quest, oddly.

Which doesn't make much sense, as Dawn's screentime was reduced heavily after the Wallace Cup ended. She still got a lot but not as much.

thunderblade12

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. They made Ash's story minimal when they were focusing on May's rivals and they gave Dawn crap rivals when they were focusing on Ash-Paul.

The writers probably figured they could make Ash's story epic if he was the only one they were focusing on. With that said, I expect great things from Ash this saga. Not filler, filler, filler, filler, filler, Gym, filler(X20), Gym, filler (x15), capture, Gym, filler(x10), evolution, filler(X5), Gym, etc.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well it really doesn't matter if Ash loses the league yet again, does it?

The only reason Sinnoh had more hype behind it at the start, is it was assumed Ash Vs. Paul would be the finals and then he'd go on to the Elite 4.

Even if BW hypes up the E4 the same way, nobody will believe it this time.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
Pretty much anyone who was at least 10 when Kanto was airing back in 1998 is now in their early 20's.

I always wondered why fully grown 20 year old adults have this much attachment to a cartoon character. There's a difference between liking a character and obsessing over one.

That being said a vocal minority is still a minority. :)

You do? Why not just ask yourself?

pokemon fan 132

Misty and Brock never really had a goal to acheive.

Well their lack of screentime attributed to lack of goals, and even then they still managed to be popular. misty had no goal she just followed Ash and Brock's Breeder goal, hell, we still don't even have a solid idea of what a breeder is.

Correction Misty had a goal,to become water pokemon master.This was stated several times by her character,this was one of reasons why she left gym in first place with one of her sisters stating it in "Waterflowers of Cerulean City",aswell Misty trying to catch water types to increase her roaster,claiming how competing will help her toward her dream.

The biggest focus about her goal happened during Whirl Islands.

So in case some people didnt wached older seasons i suggest to rewatch them.Just because writers did mistakes not focusing more on it doesnt mean how she didnt had a goal.

Pretty much anyone who was at least 10 when Kanto was airing back in 1998 is now in their early 20's.

You would be surprised how many of Misty fans are between 11 and 18 not being even adults yet.

That being said a vocal minority is still a minority. :)

Judging by internet and what can be find,someone could get impression how this is majority.

Misty isn't returning, neither is May or Dawn. They may visit but they won't be a main character anymore.

Probably not but its not impossible.It really just depends on writers and in what direction they want to go,but sadly chances are indeed very small.

Perhaps Iris getting a smaller role may be because the writers feel Dawn's screentime took too much focus away from Ash's quest, oddly.

It is more because of Isshu being supposedly fast paced(possibly rushed)region which wont allow that all characters get proper development.If region was long as Johto or Sinnoh,there would be no problems,but shorter sagas means less episodes and screentime for everyone which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Champion Jared 14

Oh wow, people being accused of being too attatched to cartoon characters when a guy who spends more of his daily life on SPPF and if most likely older than most of us, admits that he keeps VERY close tabs on the amount of episodes and screentime that female cartoon characters from this show gets...That's perverted AND childish, and hypocrisy at its best...Cyber, sometimes...your posts are just really pathetic...

POT. KETTLE. BLACK. Remember that...

Correction Misty had a goal,to become water pokemon master.This was stated several times by her character,this was one of reasons why she left gym in first place with one of her sisters stating it in "Waterflowers of Cerulean City",aswell Misty trying to catch water types to increase her roaster,claiming how competing will help her toward her dream.

Well sucks for Misty!! LOOOOOOL.

You would be surprised how many of Misty fans are between 11 and 18 not being even adults yet.

Do they even play the old episodes anymore? Like how do these little children do it! I'M SO AMAZED.

btw. I should correct my statement then.
Members on this forum who throw huge fits over characters (ex; pokemon fan 132.) tend to be in their early 20's at least.

If you notice, i'm not throwing fits. I'm just being amused at the ways you do.

thunderblade12

Perverted? Why do anime fans think everything is perverted? God you people have some nasty mind. jk (Seriously though, how is keeping track of # of episodes a character is in "perverted?")

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I just wonder how Iris and Dento will be handled. If they don't have active second quest by the end of the anime they will no doubt end up like Dawn after her GF. But it does look like we're going back to just gym battle's. This could be the reason why they didn't just de-age White into another ten year old, because they knew there wasn't going to be a second quest and they didn't feel like wasting a game protagonist on background duty. I hope there personalities can save them, because from the looks of things so far that's all they'll get.

BlueDragonfangirl

I just wonder how Iris and Dento will be handled. If they don't have active second quest by the end of the anime they will no doubt end up like Dawn after her GF. But it does look like we're going back to just gym battle's. This could be the reason why they didn't just de-age White into another ten year old, because they knew there wasn't going to be a second quest and they didn't feel like wasting a game protagonist on background duty. I hope there personalities can save them, because from the looks of things so far that's all they'll get.

Yah, I mean all Misty wanted to do was become a Pokemon water master and she didn't really do much battling. Brock didn't either, but there personalitys had nearly every one love them during the older days. I'll be glad if it goes back to being just gyms, that's my favorite thing any ways. However, Dento being in musicals would be a hoot to watch :p

BlueVapor

I would throw fits of rage after stomaching these kind of posts.

Ha, I love it. You just made this thread ;)

Yah, I mean all Misty wanted to do was become a Pokemon water master and she didn't really do much battling. Brock didn't either, but there personalitys had nearly every one love them during the older days. I'll be glad if it goes back to being just gyms, that's my favorite thing any ways. However, Dento being in musicals would be a hoot to watch :p

Yeah, I would love to see Dento do musicals, but if it's just gyms, I'll be fine with that too.

Champion Jared 14

Perverted? Why do anime fans think everything is perverted? God you people have some nasty mind. jk (Seriously though, how is keeping track of # of episodes a character is in "perverted?")

His opinions are always unfairly biased. He assumes that most fans of Misty are at least age 20 or above from the very first episodes...But that totally neglects the younger viewers from that era...

He also accuses them of being far too attatched to her, and the show when the plot doesn't go our way, when he's admitted that he's followed the screentime and number of episodes each female co-star has gotten. Then he uses that as ammunition to make a buh-million threads to exploit it, and bait people.

I've always wondered why certain grown men obsess over female cartoon characters so much, and then make billions of posts and threads about them...If it's any grown, 20+ year old man that's obsessing over female cartoon characters, it's CyberCubed. Any idiot should be capable of seeing that. And whenever he makes threads that are baiting in nature, I'll be there with the key posts.

thunderblade12

Even if Misty does have reason to come back, that doesn't mean she will... That's what I still don't get. May and Dawn both have reason to return too. Dawn and May have yet to become top coordinator and they both have rivals undefeated. Why should Misty have priority over them?

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
It's ok hunnipoo. You just have to take it in more slowly next time and in little bits, otherwise you look like a greedy fatass

Cute.

Even if Misty does have reason to come back, that doesn't mean she will... That's what I still don't get. May and Dawn both have reason to return too. Dawn and May have yet to become top coordinator and they both have rivals undefeated. Why should Misty have priority over them?

And why should Dawn or May have priority over Misty? Neither of them comes before the other and each of them are irrelevant now. Just because they didn't win their princess pageants doesn't mean that they deserve an episode to commemorate them when they do.