• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its odd how Ash's original two travel companions got it worse off overall

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And why should Dawn or May have priority over Misty? Neither of them comes before the other and each of them are irrelevant now. Just because they didn't win their princess pageants doesn't mean that they deserve an episode to commemorate them when they do.

Well I don't know about Dawn, but back in the AG era May was so tremendously popular compared to Misty that nobody could have possibly been oblivious to it.

As I said, I always assumed Misty's departure wasn't intended to be permanent at first, it only became that way due to the success of the Contests and how incredibly popular May became in such a short time.

Then once that worked, the writers then decided to bring in a new female protagonist every region. Again with Dawn it worked, and while Contests seem to be on their way out, Iris looks refreshing on her own.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash's traveling companions(victims) aren't worst than they always have been. It's the same old crap all the time when you think about it. Two boys, and one girl traveling and catching pokemon together. No big deal. Just because people decide to actually give a rattata about Brock right when he's leaving is not fair. Because I remembered when he was here all those years and no one gave him the time of day. The writers knew that most people were tired of seeing Brock all the time, so they had to make a change sooner or later. So give the new characters a chance. It's not their fault that Brock was given a goal late.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
God Cyber, the many drinking games that can be done with the threads that you create are endless.

I think the thing is many people online now weren't in the fandom during the older days, so not everyone knows about the, "fandom history."

God I wish some of you were here back when AG was airing. That was my favorite time to be in the fandom. The debates were funnier and some people used to be so sure of themselves.

God I miss that time.

Champion Jared 14

You miss it because that's when you like to believe that May completely took over when she stepped on the scene, and were hoping that everyone forgot completely about Misty. If my memory serves right, Misty left the show in 2002 by either english or japanese episodes...I joined this board in 2005, and even though that was the peak of May's popularity, Misty was still being mentioned, and I remember countless comparions, especially coming from grumpy old man, CyberCubed. Hmm, yes things were quite different back when I was new...

But I like the spot Misty got in the anime...when it was still young fresh and new, from the first cast of the original series. With that being said, she rightfully deserves the title "The First Lady Of Pokemon."

BlueDragonfangirl

I think the thing is many people online now weren't in the fandom during the older days, so not everyone knows about the, "fandom history."

God I wish some of you were here back when AG was airing. That was my favorite time to be in the fandom. The debates were funnier and some people used to be so sure of themselves.

God I miss that time.

Really? The Misty V.s May debates at the beginning were that fun eh? Maybe its all your complaining threads that's brought the forums down latley. This didn't start till AG ended right? Cuz May left and your perfect saga was coming to an end.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
.I joined this board in 2005, and even though that was the peak of May's popularity, Misty was still being mentioned, and I remember countless comparions, especially coming from grumpy old man, CyberCubed. Hmm, yes things were quite different back when I was new...

Of course she was still brought up. Same reason May was brought up over the entire span of DP.

Just because a character leaves doesn't mean nobody will talk about them anymore.

But I like the spot Misty got in the anime...when it was still young fresh and new, from the first cast of the original series. With that being said, she rightfully deserves the title "The First Lady Of Pokemon."

That's fine.