• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's on like Donkey Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicoPokemonMaster

So yeah it's on.

This thread is not to talk about and or spoil any game play from Donkey Kong Country Returns there a thread about that already. This thread is about the popluar saying/catchphrase that Nintendo now has gone to trademark. I wanna know what you guys have to think about it.

I for one am tick at Nintendo. They had to go and do this NOW, with only days away from the release of the game. Had they done this say around E3 then maybe people would have sort of forgotten about it. But now Nintendo's smart move has been made into a laughing stock. Or who knows maybe all this laughing will lead to more of an interest for the game.

BCVM22

How can you claim this has been "made into a laughing stock", and the more important question - and this is key - who in all hell cares?

There is absolutely no way you can claim you're being adversely affected by this. Honestly now. This really needed a thread?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I think he's a troll.

TicoPokemonMaster

So I'm a troll for expressing MY OPINION and wanting to know what you thought? that ironic. And BCVM22, who in all hell cares? then why the hell are you posting in the thread then? So your bashing me only because I express my opinion, what you think your opinion is valid.

BCVM22

So I'm a troll for expressing MY OPINION and wanting to know what you thought?

And what exactly is your "opinion" on this? That there's really been some sort of colossal folly here because Nintendo's trying to trademark a catchphrase that does in fact feature one of their characters? An endeavor that, successful or not, will result in absolutely nothing of note one way or another?

then why the hell are you posting in the thread then? So your bashing me only because I express my opinion, what you think your opinion is valid.

"Who the hell cares?" is meant in the broader sense, as in "is anyone REALLY affected by this?" The answer to that is no, by the way.

Dropping the o-bomb doesn't suddenly mean that the point can't be made that there is literally nothing worth discussing here. This has absolutely nothing to do with opinions.

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

"Who the hell cares?" is meant in the broader sense, as in "is anyone REALLY affected by this?" The answer to that is no, by the way.

Dropping the o-bomb doesn't suddenly mean that the point can't be made that there is literally nothing worth discussing here. This has absolutely nothing to do with opinions.

again I never intended to make a point of it being trademarked.the whole point of this thread is to express your opinion. If I made a point of it then there would be nothing to talk about. The point is its trademarked already. And there isn't much disscussion to it. What I asked was what you thought of it. with that there is a disscussion, and if you don't like it don't post then.

BCVM22

It's not actually trademarked already, they just filed the request recently.

You still haven't actually answered the question: is there anyone who is going to find themselves affected by this in the slightest, adversely or otherwise? Seriously. Nintendo is doing this for two reasons: one, it gives news outlets a cause to run a story about Donkey Kong just as DKCR is set to release, a fact that all of those news outlets will be mentioning in their stories, and two, on the off chance the request actually does get approved, they get a proverbial nickel every time a rapper or a t-shirt maker or whoever uses it in/on their product.

And so again, I ask you: is anyone on the street going to find this relevant to them in any way?

Last edited:

TicoPokemonMaster

You still haven't actually answered the question: is there anyone who is going to find themselves affected by this in the slightest, adversely or otherwise?

again for the fifth time, but to answer your question, there is always the possibility that at least one person would be slightly affected by it, its human nature. but again all I wanted was opinions.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
again for the fifth time, but to answer your question, there is always the possibility that at least one person would be slightly affected by it, its human nature. but again all I wanted was opinions.

You want opinions? Fine. I think you're a moron for overreacting at such a thing. This is to prevent people from using the phrase in inappropriate ways, because it is apparently to be the tagline of the new game. It's not going to stop you from using it in Swayze-esque moments when you need something catchy that sort of rhymes with the word "on". Nintendo isn't going to fly in on helicopters to *****smack you with lawsuits for using the phrase in such a manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.