• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its Raining, Men! Hallelujah, its Raining, men! Yeah, yeah! [OU|RMT]

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Lol. (Title FTW)
Well, this is my first Rain Dance attempt. I'm very open to suggestions (smart suggestions), since this is my first try.​

GOAL
Break them down as much as possible, then let Kingdra and Kabutops let loose.​

THE TEAM

Trixie Pixie
azelf.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Rain Dance / Fire Blast
-Taunt / Rain Dance
-Explosion

Lead Azelf.
Sets up Rain Dance early, also Stealth Rock. Taunt slower leads, or Fire Blast Steels away.​

Pineapple Dansen
ludicolo.png

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Late Game Ludicolo.
My main Gyarados check. Grass Knot 2HKOes Gyarados with Stealth Rock factored in. Surf for STAB, Ice Beam for Dragons.

Metal Bug Solid
scizor.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 HP / 224 Spe
-Rain Dance
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break

Rain Dance support and anti-TTar and anti-Abomasnow.
Double-dance, then break them down with Bullet Punch and Brick Break.

Star Struck
jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
-Rain Dance
-Wish
-Thunder
-Water Pulse​

Rain Dance and Wish support.
Rain Dance, then Wish to a teammate. Thunder for destroying stuff that is not resistant to it. Water Pulse for more coverage.

Fishes for the win
qwilfish.png

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Poison Jab
-Waterfall
-Explosion

Qwilfish absorbs Toxic Spikes, which my team hates.
Swords Dance down, then bash them with my STABs. If I face a certain threat, I explode in their face.​

Make Way For The King
kingdra.png

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor​

My mid-game sweeper.
The combination of Draco Meteor and Waterfall is just frightening. Hydro Pump dents Skarmory, Forretress and other physically-based walls hard to the bone.​

Well, there you have it.
My team.​

Rate please.​

Last edited:

blackemerald

Give Ludicolo 134 Speed Evs so he has 209 speed, enough to outrun Scarftran in the rain and OHKO with surf, rather than letting him explode in your face. Moveset works, although Ludicolo's a formidable sweeper in himself and I would use him as a normal Rain Sweeper, then put Azelf in the lead slot. Unlike Ludicolo, Azelf does not scream "Hi i'm part of a rain dance team make sure to save your Suicune/Celebi for later." An early SR helps to maximize the amount of residual damage your opponent will be taking, especially in rain since they tend to be much more offensive than most. A late game Ludicolo would also help with taking on Vaporeon, which most RD teams hate to meet. It's all a matter of preference though.

2 CBers on a rain dance team is kinda risky imo, since while there's the normal sence of don't mispredict, your rain's on a timer ticking down slowly and wasting a turn of your precious rain because Dugtrio's stuck on pursuit hurts. You say Duggy's your TTar check, but Swampert can do his job really with wish support from Jirachi. With your EVs, Dugtrio's outrun by the Adamant DDer so the speed factor he had over Pert is gone too (plus Dugtrio locked on anything apart from EQ and Jirachi all make nice set up bait.) +1 Crunch manages 76.29% - 90.19% to your Swampert, for if he's softened up a bit it could open up a route to a sweep.

You hate toxic spikes. 5/6 of your team is affected by it, and Kingdra/Kabutops sweeps are shortened considerably as they take 16% + per attack. It also helps to break down Swampert a bit to lead to the above Adamant DDtar threat, and makes facing wish/protect Vaporeon very annoying.

The TTar issue can be fixed one of 2 ways. The first is to simply use a 28 Def/228 Spd/252 Atk spread on your Dugtrio. 252 Attack is obvious enough, 228 Evs gives Dugtrio 333 speed, which is enough to outrun +1 Adamant Tyranitar. 28 Defence > 28 HP as it helps him take more hits overall, such as in this example using Lucario Extremespeed:

28 HP - 350 Atk vs 136 Def & 218 HP (80 Base Power): 192 - 226 (88.07% - 103.67%), 58.97% chance to OHKO w/SR

28 Def - 350 Atk vs 143 Def & 211 HP (80 Base Power): 182 - 215 (86.26% - 101.90%), 46.15% chance to OHKO w/SR

The other thing you could do is to replace Dugtrio with a Scizor, who checks TTar well enough, aswell as getting rid of the "other" weather changer, Abomasnow. He would benefit from fire only having a 2x weak under the rain and could be a threat with the SD set, since his usual counters are broken down by the rest of your team anyway (gliscor).

Scizor (M) @ Damp Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Rain Dance

LO guarantees the KO on 6HP LODDtar, Damp Rock prolongs the rain for him and his teammembers.

If you find toxic spikes too much for you, try replacing Kabutops with Quilfish. He's underrated for some reasons, even though he can soak up toxic spikes for you, 2HKO both Celebi and Vaporeon with poison jab and blow up on those other pokemon that you just want to get rid of. The downside is that it might put more pressure on you to conserve Ludicolo for dealing with Gyarados, as you no longer have that reliable revenge killer in Kabutops:

Qwilfish (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance

232 speed evs gives him 264 speed, which is enough to outspeed Timid Scarf Gengar under rain, max attack, rest in HP. If you don't care about Scarfgar then you could go for these instead:

72 HP/252 Atk/22 Def/164 Spd: 72HP gives 289 HP, which is a LO number. 164Speed equals 247 speed, enough to outrun +1 Naive DD mence under rain and Poison Jab/Blow up in his face, rest stuck into Defence. You also outspeed Modest Scarf Gengar with this spread.

106 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd: Finally, this gives you the same amount of speed as your current Kabutops so you still outrun Modest Scarf Gengar, rest is dumped in HP.

Jirachi wants SR, for reasons that you yourself explained such as letting Duggy get the KO on Tyranitar.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Amazing rate.

I did major changes to this team. Hopefully things work out well.

calum

Banned
tbh I think you are overdoing it a tad with the sweepers, seeing as 5 / 6 th of your team are sweepers.

I think Scizor could prefer a bulkier support set.

Scizor @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Technician
Adamant

EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156SpDef

Bullet Punch
UTurn
Rain Dance
Pursuit.

Somewhat special bulk to allow easier switching in to Gengar / Starmie etc.

Will rate later

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok I told you about the Ludicolo set on the chat so change that. I would change Kingdra to the lead as it works very well and setsup RD for him and the team.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Actually no it dosen't. It can just be setting up on its own to sweep right away. Also if you feel that it does give it awaythen use a Jolteon lead maybe as he is not expected that often.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
.__.

I'm doing soo good with this team that I feel like the Find tab on Shoddy is a RNG.
(Random Noob Generator)
ftw