• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Still Rocket Roll to Me! (375)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
CyberCubed said:
4kids gave Tate a male voice right?
Yeah, they did. And from the sounds of things, the voice actor for Sonic the Hedgehog is handling him, so if you've ever watched Sonic X you'll get the general idea of what he sounds like....sort of~

Oh, I'd like to mention that I found it incredibly strange that Solrock kept its japanese voice, when Lunatone didn't. Its stuff like that which makes you wonder what the hell goes through 4Kids heads...

B

Blaziken master

I wouldn't mind seeing this one.corphish looks a riot!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Toonami cut off the first part and the opening intro........

just started with the title

an OK episode... Team rocket got pretty close!

Tate and Max controlling the space rocket....... how belivable is that?

4/10

yes i saw this ep yesterday it was alrite but not great the funny part was when ash got on the space twirly thing and says 'why is the room spinning' i liked the battle between tate and liza although i thought that they were both female although i was mistaken

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i reckon this episode was awsome and i loved it when ash went all dizzy in the spinning seat XD So cute

This episode was a pretty good prequel to the actual battle.

Tate's voice was bizarrely deep o_0. Sounded like a grown man. In the games, they both look like pre-teens.....

I like how Max relates to Tate and May to Liza. Funny :D

Ash getting dizzy=priceless. period.

TRAINER'S CHOICE WAS RIGHT WHOAMG. And it starred Tangela, one of my favorites :)

X. D. Pikachu's imitations and the Pokémon's reactions to the exhibits were excellent!

Hehe, great Corphish face! And his following the food cart was hilarious.

"And if Dad comes, I'll just say we're looking for the bathroom!" Hehe, Tate's such a delinquent XD

XD Corphish got told off nonverbally by Max:D

Corphish and Chimecho did something for once:eek:. Cool. Chimecho as a hood ornament was lolage.

I like the responsbility Tate was given in the end. Very nice touch, especially as he was depicted as the inferior throughout the ep.

Eagerly awaiting Solid as a Solrock!

Overall rating:
9.1 out of 10
Very nice prequel. Funny and well-written.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was very good, much better than the usual "introduction to Gym leaders" episode.

We don't normally get to see the Gym leaders actually training, and it was really nice to see Solrock and Lunatone battling. The fact that they were battling with zero gravity thanks to Baltoy was a nice touch.

LOL @ Ash going on the space equipment. When wil he learn not to run up to things? Aw...we didn't get to see May jumping on the space-walk machine. :(

Tate and Liza are actually funny characters. Loved the way May and Liza stuck together at the end saying, "Nobody messes with my little brother!"

Was Jim and the lady really Tate and Liza's parents, even in the Japanese version? If so that was also a nice twists to see the Gym leaders parents for once.

The final act was great too, Corphish was hilarious in this episode. The part where Max slapped Corphish's pincer was great.

Funny lines:

Jessie: Can't you let us commit a crime in peace?
James: How do you steal a rocket...?
Jessie/James/Meowth: That's hot/That's cold...

Of course Tate piloting the space shuttle down is much more believable than someone like Max actually controlling it. How DOES Team Rocket know how to pilot a space shuttle anyway?

This episode brought up another interesting concept, Pokemon from outer space. We know the Clefairy line, Deoxys, and Solrock and Lunatone probably come from outer space, but it's an interesting storyline to ever see Pokemon games/show in outer space.

Really great episode today, I was surprised as to how good it was.

V Faction

www.faction.com
This.... caught me off-guard. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed such a good episode in a long time (that I didn't KNOW it was good). It's the truth; I thought it was pretty ho-hum back when it was in Japanese form. I think what makes it so special is a number of things:

- Good voices
- Corphish
- The space theme
- Attacks and names
- Trainer's Choice and Tangela
- Chimecho

RandomCharizard

This was a pretty good episode,trainers choice was k. And overall.

9/10 9 because I didnt like tate's voice much,but it was good.

Almost Lost in Space! That's what this episode alotted to today, but the Mario DDR ads are still annoying nonetheless.

This episode is hard to explain, but we still had some funny parts, Ash on the spinning thingy...was pretty funny...Pikachu does more impressions, and his ripoff of Torkoal was pretty good!

Now, Tate and Liza were dubbed pretty good, but I still think the Sonic voice fit him, I thought they would get younger sounding voices. The little preview that they gave us of what to expect in next week's battle looked exciting, the most twisted battle in history is going to be pretty good! This might also be Ash's toughest battle ever, trust me T&L are tough, took me about 3 tries on Emerald to beat them...after I beat their very tough puzzle. On emerald even worse, Tate has a Claydol that knows Earthquake!

Corphish was a hoot today for 1 reason, his little escapade that he did, running off, following the food cart (one of the boxes had a picture of a rice ball...not edited, I see 4Kids is only afraid of the real thing!), going into the spaceship, and getting slapped by Max almost hitting a button was funny. Even better, Max piloted the ship pretty good, he should join NASA one day!

TR was funny as usual, Meowth's spacesuit looked too big, and Chimecho as the trinket you'd hang around the rear view mirror was pretty cute!

Yes, next week's episode is the beginning of Newvember (Fred, you don't have to sing that crazy song!), the debut of Harley (hopefully non-messed with), and a Vanity Affair.

Pass x9

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I'm another person who thought Tate was a girl. In the beginning, Liza referred sandstorm as a ground attack, even though it's a rock attack. Either way, Lunatone would still be unaffected. Factory Head Noland, May used fire spin not flamethrower. Also, how could a few small Baltoy hold a huge rocket?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
[Shuttle Rant]Whoever wrote this must never have seen a shuttle launch. They had the boosters coming off too early and the fuel tank way too early. The Shuttle is practically in orbit well the fuel tank is released. They also neglected the roll the shuttle does while climbing. I'd also like to mention that a few Baltoy could not hope to create enough Psychic force to slow down, let alone stop the shuttle in its tracks.

They should have let them get into space and have Tate show TR who's boss because he'd been trained in Zero Gravity and Team Rocket closest encounter with ZG is being blasted off. Not to mention Cacnea and Seviper would be useless in orbit.

Another issue I had was the shuttle landing. The shuttle is incapable of much manuevering at all, let alone a high degree bank especially with the engines on. The shuttle would have been torn to pieces by the G forces. Yet Max and Tate weren't even the least but woozy. Not mention they'd need a run from New York to London to land the shuttle hot like that. Which is why the emergancy landing sights get farther from the shuttle as it climbs to allow it to decelerate to the point that could land on the runway. The Space Sbuttle is not an F-14 yet they treated it as such in this episode.[/Shuttle Rant]

*Catches breath*

Other than that this episode was great. The Corphish antics were gold and Max smacking his claw way while not even looking is an instant classic.

The various training machines were true to life and Zero Gravity room was sweet. It's too bad we didn't get to see any other battles in it. Ash getting Dizzy was a hoot and a little bit of Kanto side making an appearance. Maybe he'll think about touching something next time.

The Big Al's Rating
8.3 out of 10
The Shuttle Scene was poorly written but the rest of the episode made up for it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Finally! Ash uses something OTHER THAN THUNDER/THUNDERBOLT to blast TR off! Also, I thought Pikachu's impressions were hilarious, especially Torkoal's. I also found it funny when Bulbasaur was in a little diving suit and he was bobbing around like he was drowning.

G

Geki

I loved the episode. It was dubbed great, and the animation was some of the best I've ever seen in AG so far. I liked how they didn't confuse Tate and Liza's genders, because you never know with 4Kids...

4/5

Chelc

This was probably the best episode I have seen in a LONG time. I loved how Tate/Max could relate to each other. It wasn't exactly like a real shuttle launch, but meh. Corphish was great, and I can't wait to see the GYM Battle.

I give it...9/10 ^^

I liked this episode, even though Tate & Liza seem to have older voices than I thought they would. Pikachu's impressions of its teammates was funny. And the Zero-gravity battle was a good idea. And Chibi Gio was cute in this episode.

8/10'd

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Awe. I missed this episode but it sounded cool from waht you guys are saying. Too bad. Liza and Tate are my favorite gymleaders.

Medea

Excalibur
Pretty good episode. Can't really say much but it was still pretty good. And now I'm cleared up on the whole Tate gender thing. Because I used to think Tate was a girl...*stupid me*...Anyways, can't wait to see the gym battle.

Watching the ep.

It's quite good,really.

Tate's voice is way too deep,however o_O

Ok,watched the rest of it.

Liza was sorta cute.

That woman that was in the first few minutes - I guessed it was T&L's mom.

Pikachu's imprssesion's was amazing.

Combusken's Fire Spin looked more like Fire Blast. lol

That's it for now.

Oh wait,one more thing.

HOW THE HELL CAN A 14 YEAR OLD (that's how old I think Tate is) CONTROL A ROCKET CAREFULLY!?

Last edited: