• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Still Rocket Roll to Me! (375)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
In a slight voice of dissent here, there were really only two things in this episode that prevented it from being a total snoozefest:

1. Kickass animation (particularly when compared to last week's).
2. CORPHISH.

Easily Corphish's best role since the Ludicolo episode, where he got shafted in the end, anyways. I still stand by my claim that Corphish has the best Pokemon personality on the entire show.

Other than that, I didn't find that much too like. I wasn't too keen on Tate's voice, though it wasn't as bad as Archie's. The shuttle scene was unrealistic, and Ash's idiocy was out-of-character for Hoenn. And was it me, or did Tate/Liza's dad look almost exactly like Captain Stern from "Spheal of Approval"?

PDL

disenchanted
no one's seemed to have mentioned this, though it is a relatively minor thing but... they didn't paint over the riceball pic on the boxes of spacefood.

anyway, I didn't like how they pronounced Liza's name "el-li-za" instead of "le-sa", but that's not something to be picky about

this episode was actually pretty good.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
To reply to Hiraitos Zero , Tate's parents are space experts. Surely Tate got a lot of experience about flying a rocket from his parents.

Gigusei

Am I the only one who caught the Wizard of Oz playoff, or just the only one amused by it? Kindoms and planets and stars, Oh My!

well the episode was exciting, but i though Tate was a girl....... XP
guess i was wrong... oh wells. But anyways it was awesome
9/10

Solar Crimson

A Crimson Tide
Tate being a boy caught me and my sister off guard. When we heard his voice, we were like "WTF?!"

Anyway, this was a good episode. For once, Cacnea didn't try to hug James. And I wasn't really paying much attention to its voice throughout the episode, but I could've sword that 4Kids dubbed Solrocks voice in one scene, because I heard it say "Solrock!"

Better episode than usual.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Nice episode.

I liked the whole argument of Liza being the older sister. I guess it really sucks to have to be born after your twin sister-even if it's probably only by a few seconds-but that just made the episode a little more interesting.

The Big Al said:
[Shuttle Rant]Whoever wrote this must never have seen a shuttle launch. They had the boosters coming off too early and the fuel tank way too early. The Shuttle is practically in orbit well the fuel tank is released. They also neglected the roll the shuttle does while climbing. I'd also like to mention that a few Baltoy could not hope to create enough Psychic force to slow down, let alone stop the shuttle in its tracks.
of Kanto side making an appearance. Maybe he'll think about touching something next time.
I was thinking the same thing. Yes, the whole same thing. If the boosters were blasted off that early, wouldn't they hit the Earth somewhere (which is dangerous)? And spaceships require tons of power and speed to do what they do. How can a few Baltoy... well, you already got the picture.

I didn't really hear anyone mention how Tate & Liza are psychic, and how they communicate together often, especially in battle. Maybe I have to wait until next week to see this? Don't tell me they got rid of that detail... that's one of the attributes I always liked about them. I mean, the idea of two gym leaders for one gym is already new, but...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and give this episode an 8/10. I usually give 7, but for the last couple episodes I gave an 8, and this episode was rather special.

T

Togepi Trainer

6/10

Barely liked, corphish was funny, and the rest of the pokemon were funny too.

It seems I am the only one who doesn't like the ritualistic slaughtering of Team Rocket? I mean burning and freezing them? Then hitting them with a Iron Tail, all while they weren't even fighting back?

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Togepi Trainer said:
It seems I am the only one who doesn't like the ritualistic slaughtering of Team Rocket? I mean burning and freezing them? Then hitting them with a Iron Tail, all while they weren't even fighting back?
*raises hand*
As I've mentioned before, I don't like seeing people being humiliated. The space center's security sucks or they could have just been subdued (=/=burn then freeze then Iron Tail) and take to jail. I know they would have gotten out of jail (for the sake of "our" entertainment), but that just shows that Pokéworld's jail system sucks, too.

Klaus

TOMATO BERRY!
Yes, i'm not alone, some thought that Tate WAS a girl. Wow!

I always thought of him being the smart one and Liza the bubbly one.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I also think that this was the first time that a reference to a restroom was made.

I adored at the end when Liza and May were like" Nobody messes with my little brother!" I was like AWWW, it almost makes me wanna like May.

I loved that episode when Pikachu was doing the backstroke.

As always, be kind to the mime.

Last edited:

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
The Big Al said:
[Shuttle Rant]They had the boosters coming off too early and the fuel tank way too early.
What annoyed me the most is the fact that the main engines continued to fire long after the tank was jettisoned. That is the fuel source for those engines - without the tank, they can't run. The only fuel the shuttle has on board is hydrazine for the manuvering thrusters, and there isn't enough (nor does it have enough "kick") to be used in the main engines.

Another issue I had was the shuttle landing.
I agree with you on the landing issues, though my biggest gripe was with the runway design - who the heck designs a runway with mission control smack dab at the end of it? I thought that was incredibly stupid. Not only is there the risk of the shuttle plowing into the building if they overshoot it, but it removes an approach path for test planes, etc. since theres a big fat building blocking the way if they wish to land from the opposite direction! :O

But the funny lines, impressions, and Meowth looking adorable in that space suit made up for in general. Though I have to subtract 3 points for the bad science and give it only a 7/10.

Before anyone complains about it just being a cartoon let me say this: If they're going to do a space-science themed episode, they had better get the science part at least somewhat right! In fact for a society that has mastered matter transfer and the availability of Pokemon with anti-gravity abilities, I question the need for them to have conventional rockets to get into Earth orbit in the first place!

Y'know, I don't think the writers really cared abou the rocket. Though there are some older and well-educated people who watch Pokémon, the majority are young children, who have no idea of the precise way a rocket takes off. As long as fire comes out its rear end and its moves into the air, it's good enough for them. They didn't need to do research because only a few people will really notice it was off. I didn't notice anything until it was pointed out, but then again, I'm only 14, I don't know this stuff:p.

The Baltoy thing could be considered either way. They have enough Psychic energy to make an any who enters a room float up in mid-air. And Commander Jim(that's a weird name, BTW, since Jim is such a common name and Commander is a special position) did say that the Baltoy wouldn't be able to hold it back for long. Only for a few minutes. If the Baltoy had pulled it back to the ground, though, that would be reason to complain.

TR handling the rocket correctly also seems plausible. They've maneuvered hundereds of thousands of large, complicated machines in the past, a rocket shouldn't be all that much harder. Not that I'm saying any Dick, Tom, and Harry can control the thing, it does take skill, but TR has that experience, even if it's not directly related to rockets.

I agree with the Tate controlling and landing it thing, though. He's only been on a simple simulator, it's NOTHING like driving the real thing.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Red

Not the color
Pretty good episode, I always thought Tate was a girl.... I mean he wore a ribbon in his hair.. But besides that it was a cool episode, looks like Ash is up for a big fight.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was a pretty good episode. I like Tate and Liza already, and I'm glad people who were worried about Tate being made a girl voicewise because he dressed like one had their fears put to rest. Tate and Max had a really good rapport. I like that Team Rocket almost got away with stealing the rocket too. :D Darn that Corphish (though I love him) for stowing away on board. When *was* the last time Team Rocket got that close to getting away with stealing something? I could see Giovanni putting the rocket to good use too.

I can't wait for next week's gym episode, with Ash FINALLY using double team after all these years.

8/10

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ said:
Tate's voice is way too deep,however o_O
Given that it seems like over half of the people here originally thought he was a girl, I actually find it oddly fitting that they gave him such a deep voice. :cool:

Blue Pokemon Master said:
I didn't really hear anyone mention how Tate & Liza are psychic, and how they communicate together often, especially in battle. Maybe I have to wait until next week to see this? Don't tell me they got rid of that detail... that's one of the attributes I always liked about them. I mean, the idea of two gym leaders for one gym is already new, but...
[SPOIL]Hate to break it to you but as far as I know they don't have that ability in the anime. Indeed, in the battle they have trouble working together, though once they do begin to cooperate they are almost unbeatable. Perhaps one cana ssume they'll develop psychic abilities later in life, but regardless its a shame as it was the perfect opportunity to showcase gym leaders with Sabrina-like powers.[/SPOIL]

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Chimecho was the "Fuzzy Dice" XD

Another breaking of the laws of Physics. No one seemed to be affect by the intense G forces of the launch. Tate and Max should have blacked out as should have Corphish. Tate also shouldn't have been able to stand while the shuttle was accelerating as he was trying to land it.

PDL

disenchanted
The Big Al said:
Another breaking of the laws of Physics. No one seemed to be affect by the intense G forces of the launch. Tate and Max should have blacked out as should have Corphish. Tate also shouldn't have been able to stand while the shuttle was accelerating as he was trying to land it.

not to mention that no one was strapped in at all...

yeah, this episode was handled in an unrelaistic way, but then again, none of pokemon was ment to be "relaistic"

Sika

Transcendence
Science, the big enemy of pokemon...
Everyone has a point on the unrealistic rocket.

What?! Tate´s a boy. When I heard his voice, i dropped my jaw.

And what about we read each other´s mind crap?

And yes, they messed up with Solrock´s voice. The first time it appeared, it made chirping sounds.

Despise that, I liked the episode. But it wasn´t exactly a good episode.

I liked Corphish,
I liked Ash´s reaction when Max teased him. "it was my first time". He said it in a very funny tone.
I liked Chimecho, it made me say aw... how cute is that.

Okay good night.