• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Its Works On Windows Media Player But Not Movie Maker. Help?!?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
See I downloaded a episode and it works on Windows Media Player than I went to properties and got its propertie place on my computer. Than I went on Movie Maker to make a AMV and I went to Import Video put the link in and it said this
(My files name I don't want to show it)could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box.

Any Idea what it means and how I can fix it and I do already have DivX

Cobalt_Latios

See I downloaded a episode and it works on Windows Media Player than I went to properties and got its propertie place on my computer. Than I went on Movie Maker to make a AMV and I went to Import Video put the link in and it said this
(My files name I don't want to show it)could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box.

Any Idea what it means and how I can fix it and I do already have DivX
That isn't the problem. I know, I've run into this problem multiple times. For some reason WMM doesn't like a whole lot of files.

Knowing what the extension of the file would help me to help you with the problem. Chances are it's in .avi format (which is consistent with most video files these days... for windows anyway). You could try looking for converters to get a different format and try that.

If anything, get Super C and convert it to .avi and just tinker around with the codecs (the second drop down dialog). Super C will convert just about anything.

If this doesn't work, then report back and I'll see what else I can do.

~C_L~