• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Itsa Mario Time!

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
After playing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA/Europe edition) on my classic NES again I felt like making this team. It was a nice theme and I think I made a decent team out of it, although it's got a few weaknesses like Azelf because I bare a really good Special Wall (No, Blissey =/= Peach).

goomba.jpg

Breloom(Goomba)@Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 46 HP / 212 Speed
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Spores and wreckes unprepared teams. The little old angry mushroom is actually one of the best members of the team. Attacks but cant take hits. (Shiny)

146948.jpeg

Blastoise(Koopa)@Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 222 Sp.Def / 36 Speed
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / Roar
- Rapid Spin

Spinner and sort off special wall. It's gives some team support and defense has always been his best skill. (Shiny)

Bobomb.jpg

Weezing(Bob-omb)@Black Sludge
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp.Atk
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Explosion

He is relaxed when doing his regular job, countering the common physical threads. But don’t make him angry as he will explode things he doesn’t like. (Shiny)

boo.jpg

Gengar(Boo)@Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 Speed / 252 Sp.Atk / 6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- HP Ice
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

The silly ghost is ofcourse the special sweeper of the team and usually gets a revenge kill when he enters later in game a low heatlh with Destiny Bond.

super-mario-64-ds-yoshi.jpg

Dragonite(Yoshi)@Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
204 HP / 136 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The jolly green dragon looks friendly but can be a pain for many teams. He is one of my personal favourites here. Lum Berry makes confusion go away but also helps against random status that he attracts. (Shiny)

250px-Chain_chompy.jpg

Steelix(Chain Chomp)@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 244 HP / 148 Atk / 116 SDef
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Screech / Roar
- Stealth Rock

Ladies and gentleman will the real Chain Chomp stand up? It blocks CB Dragon Moves while 58 Speed gives a nice Gyro Ball to KO frail sweepers. Also sets up SR and may screech to force switches or hit harder.

Last edited:

Neonian

GTS king
On dragonite, you may want to try thunderbolt.
It does the same damage to skarmory with the added bonus of totally destroying gyarados.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Fire Blast does more damage to Skarm + it hurts other comon steel switch ins like Forretress and Bronzong a lot more. Besides Gyarados isn't really a problem with Weezing out there.

indianunit02

pika...CHU!!!!!
How the hell is breloom goomba if Blissey isn't peach?!?!? I would trade leech seed with seed bomb or else you'll have problems with bulky water types. Other than that the rest of your team looks good if you make blastoise your main sp. wall. that or put peach....i mean blissey in.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Thinking about adding seed bomb, but subseeding has proven to be very usefull against comon Breloom switchins like Dusknoir/Weezing/Salamence/Gliscor.

Also Goomba and shiny Breloom are both angry, brown mushrooms, while Dugtrio is a mole xD. And Blissey would make this team to bog standard in my opion.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Yeah it doesn't make that much sense to me either, but I've seen it quite a lot. I guess people arent really prepared for it and try there luck with intimidate + Focus Punch/ Seed Bomb resistance, ofcourse after a status taker has absorbed spore.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Salamence and Gliscor are common Breloom switchins if something else is already asleep. Also how the hell can you forget DM Garchomp for Chain Chomp?

I've found this Dragonite kicks major *** as a tank; it also supports the team with Light Screen:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
144 HP/252 SAttk/112 SDef -- Modest
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Light Screen
Roost

sanjay120

?(???)?
Yeah they're both Dragon/Flying types, they are obviously the exact same thing!

Dragonite is far bulkier, Light Screen ties the set together, Draco Meteor kills common switchins, Flamethrower is for coverage. Roost is for healing since this is a bulky set. The EVs have worked well for me, though I'm sure there are better spreads out there for the set. Care to post some?

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Please don't posts your horrible dragonite sets, which are outclassed by specsmence on the offensive side and by anything bulky on the defending side, in my thread.

A rate, some pokemon I should look out for and change something to cover the problem.
But I guess that requires intelligence.

nubinator

Banned
FIRE PUNCH over fireblast

jolly is mean cause it lowers special attack

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Care to calc the damage against standard Skarm/Forry/Bronz?

As thats what its for only. Will change it if it does about the same damage to them, but I don't think it does.

After playing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA/Europe edition) on my classic NES again I felt like making this team. It was a nice theme and I think I made a decent team out of it, although it's got a few weaknesses like Azelf because I bare a really good Special Wall (No, Blissey =/= Peach).

goomba.jpg

Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed / Seed Bomb

Spores and wreckes unprepared teams. The little old angry mushroom is actually one of the best members of the team. Attacks but cant take hits. (Shiny)
This is a bad lead.

252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Adamant

Really is superior. Especially seeing as you're using Focus Punch as your only attack.
Leech Seed is also superior.

146948.jpeg

Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Rapid Spin / Toxic

Spinner and sort off special wall. It's gives some team support and defense has always been his best skill. (Shiny)
Works better when it is Defence based.

Surf / Ice Beam / Rapid Spin / Yawn or Counter or Toxic

I like more.
Bobomb.jpg

Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Explosion

He is relaxed when doing his regular job, countering the common physical threads. But don’t make him angry as he will explode things he doesn’t like. (Shiny)
Explosion is never a good Choice. I'll forever prefer Will-o-Wisp on the Pain Split set, but I cannot help but notice that Breloom is your only Status Blocker, you don't have anything to absorb sleep, which will be annoying.
Try the STalk set.
boo.jpg

Gengar(Boo)@Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

The silly ghost is ofcourse the special sweeper of the team and usually gets a revenge kill when he enters later in game a low heatlh with Destiny Bond.
Thunderbolt or HP Ice over Energy Ball.
It's essentially useless and far surpassed by other moves.

Jolly Nature
200 Speed / 252 Atk / 56 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The jolly green dragon looks friendly but can be a pain for many teams. He is one of my personal favourites here. Lum Berry makes confusion go away but also helps against random status that he attracts. (Shiny)
Jolly is useless.
Max atk is a waste.
That much speed is a waste.

EVs: 204 HP / 136 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature

is better.
250px-Chain_chompy.jpg

Brave Nature
252 HP / 126 Sp. Def / 120 Atk
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Screech

Ladies and gentleman will the real Chain Chomp stand up? It blocks CB Dragon Moves while 58 Speed gives a nice Gyro Ball to KO frail sweepers. Also sets up SR and may screech to force switches or hit harder.
Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
- Toxic or Stealth Rock

Screech can be an option as well, like you said, but that set is better.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Thanks, that post was helpfull.

Gonna take your suggestions on Nite, Steelix and Gengar, still unsure about breloom, as it is really usefull to outspeed some more things with it.

Also I know Blastoise is usally better defensive but I need the special defense on this team.

Exploding weezing is a bit gimmick, but it is supposed to be a bomb XD. Next time I'll make a more serious team again.

Last edited:

goomba.jpg

Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed / Seed Bomb

This is a bad lead.

252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Adamant

Really is superior. Especially seeing as you're using Focus Punch as your only attack.
Leech Seed is also superior.

146948.jpeg

Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Rapid Spin / Toxic

Works better when it is Defence based.

Surf / Ice Beam / Rapid Spin / Yawn or Counter or Toxic

I like more.
Bobomb.jpg

Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Explosion

Explosion is never a good Choice. I'll forever prefer Will-o-Wisp on the Pain Split set, but I cannot help but notice that Breloom is your only Status Blocker, you don't have anything to absorb sleep, which will be annoying.
Try the STalk set.
boo.jpg

Gengar(Boo)@Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Thunderbolt or HP Ice over Energy Ball.
It's essentially useless and far surpassed by other moves.

Jolly Nature
200 Speed / 252 Atk / 56 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Jolly is useless.
Max atk is a waste.
That much speed is a waste.

EVs: 204 HP / 136 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature

is better.
250px-Chain_chompy.jpg

Brave Nature
252 HP / 126 Sp. Def / 120 Atk
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Screech

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
- Toxic or Stealth Rock

Screech can be an option as well, like you said, but that set is better.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Please don't posts your horrible dragonite sets, which are outclassed by specsmence on the offensive side and by anything bulky on the defending side, in my thread.

It's not outclassed by Specsmence. Specsmence isn't nearly as defensive, and most defensive Pokemon aren't nearly as offensive. It's by no means a horrible set. It's a great set.