• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iv been cuaght!

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Has anyone been caught playing pokemon in school, work, etc.

Psycho Clown

Fire Type Enthusiast
Yeah, only been caught once though. Was playing LeafGreen on the computer and was battling Lance. He only had Dragonite left and I only had my Venusaur, I was so concentrated on taking out his Dragonite that I didn't realise my teacher was standing behind me and that the whole class was staring at me. What made it worse was raising my fist in the air and saying ''Heck Yeah!!''

Then looking up and realising the the whole class is looking at me and laughing and having my teacher pat me on the back saying good job, you can keep battling in detention.

Deskspace is very helpful.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Of course. I had my DS confiscated for months while I was in Year 12 so it wouldn't distract me from study like it did the year before.

Phailsafe

Like a Boss!
I openly play Pokemon. Everyone at my school loves Pokemon. Some are just too scared to admit it. :D

Aquanova

no.Im pretty sure playing pokemon at work would ge me fired.

I did openly play on the bus ride to school though. Then some jerk stole my gameboy and threw it out the bus window, I bought another one and continued to openly play

2D Thom

Im a tombsone

I did openly play on the bus ride to school though. Then some jerk stole my gameboy and threw it out the bus window, I bought another one and continued to openly play

wow... thats gust crule!

MeowMix

We gotta cook

Ow....what a jerk.
I got caught with the cards once. I just tucked them under my shirt and ran for my life.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
When I was in fifth grade, I got caught. Teacher confiscated my Kiwi Game Boy Colour. I was playing Yellow. :( Didn't get it back 'till the end of the week. That sucked.

I stopped playing Pokemon in sixth grade, and didn't pick it up again until I was eighteen, so that wasn't a problem for me. I sometimes play it in Uni during smoke breaks, since I don't smoke. Other times I read.

~Nimh

rocky505

I did when I was in 4th grade I was playing ruby on my GBA and my teacher caught me and took my GBA to the office. But right when school went out me and one of my friends snook into the office and got it back along with one of his Yu-Gi-Oh cards that got took up.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp

I would have ripped that guy's balls off and shoved them down his throat

Pikawho?

(five15)
I don't think I've been caught playing it on my own. Whenever I've played the cards or games, it has been with friends. Usually there's like 4+ of us so not many people come around and mess with us that often. My college's cafeteria has alot of people who are playing pokemon. I'd join them but I've got studying/classes going on. But one of these days I'll lose all my street cred and nerd it up with them. lol

Actually, there was this one time when I was playing it during my sister's softball game. Some college aged guys came up to me and were like "Holy Crap! You're playing pokemon! That's so hardcore!". I was like 13 at the time so it was awkward and I didn't know how to respond, especially cause from appearance these would be the last guys I'd expect playing a children's video-game. Other than that, I've been very open about being a pokenerd.

Last edited:

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I did when I was in 4th grade I was playing ruby on my GBA and my teacher caught me and took my GBA to the office. But right when school went out me and one of my friends snook into the office and got it back along with one of his Yu-Gi-Oh cards that got took up.

You have an awesome friend!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Ohhh Yes... I was caught quite a few times playing Pokemon while in the bathroom at work... Should've just kept it muted...

Larry

Never been caught but recently my friend has brought in his SP and been walking down the halls playing Ruby in the open and hasn't gotten caught!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Yeah, only been caught once though. Was playing LeafGreen on the computer and was battling Lance. He only had Dragonite left and I only had my Venusaur, I was so concentrated on taking out his Dragonite that I didn't realise my teacher was standing behind me and that the whole class was staring at me. What made it worse was raising my fist in the air and saying ''Heck Yeah!!''

Then looking up and realising the the whole class is looking at me and laughing and having my teacher pat me on the back saying good job, you can keep battling in detention.

Deskspace is very helpful.
How the Heck did you get a Pokemon Emulater on a school Computer!?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
How the Heck did you get a Pokemon Emulater on a school Computer!?

Put an emulator on a usb would allow you to play it anywhere, sure he(she?) could have done that.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp

Skydra

I just don't bring my DS to school. I have been caught playing when a family member says "stop playing and do something productive, you've been playing too long." or something of the sort.
I hear that the high school I'm going to next year is lenient about bringing stuff. Heard from my friend, whose brother told him since he went there.

Budew

Banned
I just don't bring my DS to school. I have been caught playing when a family member says "stop playing and do something productive, you've been playing too long." or something of the sort.
I hear that the high school I'm going to next year is lenient about bringing stuff. Heard from my friend, whose brother told him since he went there.

I HATE when people say that...

Like hey!!! don't tell me to go do something productive just because you're too bored that you can't do anything else other than tell me what to do

=)