• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IV calculator having issues

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
I THINK this is where this sort of thing goes.
I might find the IV calc. a bit strange, and constantly cross reference with another one, but it has never done anything as blatantly odd as this to me before: It really doesn't like my second shieldon.
A few minutes prior, I put in my first shieldon's stats... no issue.
My second Shieldon?
It... (What. I just went and typed everything in again, and now it's complaining about his Sp.def instead...)
Anyway:
Shieldon
Lv20, Lax, likes to relax
HP: 47
At: 21
De: 59
SA: 26
SD: 39
Sp: 20
"Shieldon Lv.20 does not compute!
Sp.Defense (39) should be 40 to 46.
The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate."
Oh, there we go! Editing SD and D to the "right" numbers brings up the original complaint it had:
The Attack stat, Effort Points, Characteristic or Best Stat are inaccurate."
And if I edit that to, say, 19:
Attack (19) should be 21 to 28.
The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate."
which is... rather extremely weird...

Now, I KNOW that I'm putting the stats in right; I'm checking his stat screen for every stat as I put them in. So I'd like to know why it doesn't like him.
Also, before anyone tries to mention EVs: He does not have any, as these are direct-from-fossil-revival stats.
So:
Why would the IV calculator act so weirdly about one pokemon (actually, it might have done it once or twice before, but not so extreme, so I forgot.) when it is apparently just fine otherwise?
-~-~-
My prinplup, too, now I think on it- it was fune up until level 20, and when it did decide I was wrong, I tested all numbers around in case I just counted the starly and bidoof wrong when it started spazzing out and claiming that I needed about a hundred more EP than I had actually earned...

Last edited:

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
That is strange, I have similar things happen with the marriland one, I check a newly hatched pokemon to check what IVs it has, input the data then suddenly everything is an error to a similar effect as yours. What you could do is note down current stats then level it up and note down that and input both the level stats (if its like the marriland one) sometimes it works for me, it likes level 3 for some odd reason.

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
No...
I've figured out what was going on.
When I was checking my bronzor, I noticed that the first thing that it complained about was the stuff influenced by nature:
I got lucky in that, disregarding my most recent bronzor (who is cool), the previous one has Timid (+Sp, -At) nature (Loom) and the one before has Quiet (+SA, -Sp)(Ali)
It was Ali and Loom that let me figure it out.
Both have 13 Speed, but their levels are different- Loom is 14, Ali 15.
It whinged about Loom being too fast.

So...
it doesn't take into consideration alterations to nature until you've completely cleared it, apparently... (I tried just now with Junichi (shieldon #2) again, only on a completely clear one, and it worked)

I wish that was mentioned on the calculator

Last edited:

Grand~Kingdra

Flawless Collector
sometimes the characteristic is what makes it all wacky, Just dont insert that because sometimes you have two ivs that are equal and the game randomly selects one, the Iv calculator then thinks "this stat must be higher, but its not, change it!" correct me if im wrong

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So I'm trying to use this IV checker so I can look at the current IV stuff for my Typhlosion. (Level 68, Quiet Nature, Hidden Power Ice, Mischievous Characteristic)

Stats:
-HP: 211
-Atk: 129
-Def: 129
-Sp. Atk: 211
-Sp. Def: 147
-Spd: 148

I enter this into the Serebii IV checker and it keeps saying that he doesn't compute, saying his stats should be like in a cerain range and they are too high. What's going on??