• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IV check in Emerald

goldfan

playing an ish game
HOw do you check for IVs in Emerald/3rd Gen. I have 18 Adament Beldums (I want thunderpunch) waiting to have their IVs checked, is there any way i can chack their IVs without leveling them up without EVs? I have XD but not colosseum available to me

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Well, my good friend. In the battle frontier theres someone who will rate your pokemons IV's. He'll say a number of phrases, the best is something like:Your pokemon are extremely good!. Thats what I normally do.

goldfan

playing an ish game
Thanks Umbreon! I will meet you ini combnat in 40 mins. I didn't realise there was a guy like that, I'll ook up the phrases on the internet, someone willhave put them up, perhaps psypoke...

goldfan

playing an ish game
I hope they bring in someone like that on platinum, I'm fed up of IV battles/ having to take them to PBR to check IVs

goldfan

playing an ish game
yeah i use the IV calculator, but I need to get them to level 50 or Level 100 to check their IVs

Edit: You can check their IVs at level 1

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
yeah i use the IV calculator, but I need to get them to level 50 or Level 100 to check their IVs

Edit: You can check their IVs at level 1

you can check IV's at any level, but they won't be 100% accurate until your pokemon is at level 100.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Use Metalkid's IV calculator. It's much better for checking IVs:
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx
You could do IV checking as I do: First check Serebii IV calc to check the IV ranges. If they're not satisfying - release the poke. If they are promising, go to metalkid and add stats per each level. You can get accurate IV's without leveling up too much, besides, the program tells you next helpful level to determine IVs.

Nidogod

Yeah, MetalKid's Pokemon Program is an outstanding tool for all things Pokemon. Also, you won't get an accurate IV reading unless you actually do the leveling. Since you're using Emerald you can just clone some rare candies easy enough. Even if you don't like cheating, there's nothing wrong with getting some rare candies if you are only using them to check your Pokemon's stats. You don't need to go any higher than level 50 for IV checking. They won't be completely accurate, but at the very most they won't vary anymore than one or two points.