• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ivysaur is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think So? (1093)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One of the consistently better aspects of TR is their relationship with their Pokemon and after Alola raised the bar so high, to see this saga go in the complete opposite direction by giving them soulless battle drones instead is not what I'm here for.
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the writers will get another dose of BW TR Hatemail 2.0.

Sadly, those changes will go in effect like after a year.

I do like that they are keeping up with Koharu's cold attitude towards Ash. Guess it will just be the two boys for a while

She's got a ponytail. That's code for tsundere.

DatsRight

Go taking photos of Meowth after finding out about its ability to speak was pretty amusing.

I do like that they are keeping up with Koharu's cold attitude towards Ash. Guess it will just be the two boys for a while

Koharu's kind of evasive treatment of Ash is quite similar to how the SM boys were in early episodes, like they didn't quite know what to make of him and only started to bond and let their shield down when they got a real close glimpse of his kindly nature. Hopefully Koharu won't be a minor character too often (and Mimey, I'm kinda hoping he gets some limelight here, its cool they're letting him be a tagalong this series).

I'm still not quite sure what to make of this series, its plots so far have been very minimalistic and a tad childish, and not quite as character driven as SM was to make up for it, but at least it keeps a similar immersive style to them. This one leaves me kind of worried things might be kept too basic and resort to TR formula too often again. I'm hoping we get more proper limelight for the cast soon. I do however like that for the large part Ash has kept his more vibrant SM characterisation, if slightly less slapstick and a bit more argumentative.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Can someone tell me what Gou was saying (while blushing to the professor and Ash) and hugging Ash in the last few minutes?

So one thing I’m curious about is if Go is friends less and assumingely not knowing to handle his friendship with Ash... why already establish a friendship with Koharu? Clearly they’ve been friends for a while and have a decent bond. If they were going to go with the “struggling to make friends plot” I personally wouldn’t of made him known Koharu since they were little imo

p96822

Evolve me please
Koharu's kind of evasive treatment of Ash is quite similar to how the SM boys were in early episodes, like they didn't quite know what to make of him and only started to bond and let their shield down when they got a real close glimpse of his kindly nature. Hopefully Koharu won't be a minor character too often (and Mimey, I'm kinda hoping he gets some limelight here, its cool they're letting him be a tagalong this series).

I'm still not quite sure what to make of this series, its plots so far have been very minimalistic and a tad childish, and not quite as character driven as SM was to make up for it, but at least it keeps a similar immersive style to them. This one leaves me kind of worried things might be kept too basic and resort to TR formula too often again. I'm hoping we get more proper limelight for the cast soon. I do however like that for the large part Ash has kept his more vibrant SM characterisation, if slightly less slapstick and a bit more argumentative.

How is the plot childish compare to Pokémon sun and moon

Remix2

So watch the episode and yike the animation for this was pretty bad, I hope they didn’t blow all there budget on the first two episode and the rest of the series look like the worst of pre xy era animation.

Oh and there was four animation directors working on this episode, think about that for a second.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, the new design for the Rocket balls are awesome! Kinda hope the TRio get to use that on their own captures
But I'm not a fan of this system... is Ash supposed to be the only one able to beat them? What about Go and Kotaru? These aren't Pokemon raised by the TRio for pete sakes, they're raised by the elite themselves! The whole entire org will look like a joke if one of them beats the TRio! Not to mention they finally got Team Rocket's Pokemon right again, after DP they turned into soulless battle drones the TRio had no problem giving up to Giovanni to save face, then in XY it was kinda there but apart from Inkay episodes it was all offscreen(Gourgeist's episode is the prime example; Showing Jessie has a bond with Gourgeist when that hadn't been shown up to that point), then in SM they love their Pokemon and their Pokemon love them..... and now we're back to battle drones only worse?
They better get to catch at least one Pokemon a piece, the rotation thing would be more acceptable and also let the whole "James only having one Pokemon" crap sit better as he isn't limited to just water bird or whatever he gets

Also.... why Pelipper? Bring back Delibird you cowards!

Overall a pretty boring episode only saved by Team Rocket. As predicted
Not a fan of Jenny's new look either, but at least they remembered Kanto Jenny has Growlithe.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Now that I've seen the episode with subs, it was pretty okay. Okay first I've got to give Pikachu props for always rolling his eyes every-time Ash gets into it with his friends. It's too funny. Speaking of fights I've noticed this one of the rare times Ash has taken the high road and tried to mend things with his friends FIRST instead to them apologizing at the same time. He willingly helped Go despite them just getting into it; small but noticeable. The writers are definitely setting up Go as a person who's longing for a relationship (not exactly dating) and doesn't know how to quite express that and we see that with him questioning if him and Ash are truly friends. One thing to sidebar is him saying "you're one of those guys huh". I definitely get the feeling they're rehashing Iris story and had Go quit going to school because he felt lonely... or maybe bullied? Time will tell. In a way it makes me futrstarted because Go is what Iris SHOULD of been. Yes he's arrogant and obnoxious but they humanize him and try to give hints about his actions but no they waited until the tail end of BW to try humanize Iris. Anyway the episode was otherwise kind of boring and was anyone else expecting Beware to catch TRio after they blasted off?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Now that I've seen the episode with subs, it was pretty okay. Okay first I've got to give Pikachu props for always rolling his eyes every-time Ash gets into it with his friends. It's too funny. Speaking of fights I've noticed this one of the rare times Ash has taken the high road and tried to mend things with his friends FIRST instead to them apologizing at the same time. He willingly helped Go despite them just getting into it; small but noticeable. The writers are definitely setting up Go as a person who's longing for a relationship (not exactly dating) and doesn't know how to quite express that and we see that with him questioning if him and Ash are truly friends. One thing to sidebar is him saying "you're one of those guys huh". I definitely get the feeling they're rehashing Iris story and had Go quit going to school because he felt lonely... or maybe bullied? Time will tell. In a way it makes me futrstarted because Go is what Iris SHOULD of been. Yes he's arrogant and obnoxious but they humanize him and try to give hints about his actions but no they waited until the tail end of BW to try humanize Iris. Anyway the episode was otherwise kind of boring and was anyone else expecting Beware to catch TRio after they blasted off?

I missed bewear lol

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I thought Mr Mime miming the hoovering with hoover sounds was quite amusing, felt reminiscent of Detective Pikachu. The way Ash and Go acted in this episode when they were arguing reminded me of the Ash/Iris arguments from BW, but at least they were able to work out their issues towards the end, with Go realising that Ash isn't all that bad after all. I liked the nod to the original games with the construction guy and the Machop in Vermilion City. One thing I will say I am disappointed about is that the secret weapon was delivered by a Pelipper (What happened to Delibird?), then again Pelipper is heavier so I guess I'll give it a pass, but I will say that the threat level of TR has marginally increased with the Pokemon they got from the gatcha machine. About midway through the battle with TR, I was reciting lyrics to the Starbomb song "A Wild Guitar Solo Appears" which featured Tyranitar battling Pikachu midway through the song. Go taking pictures of Meowth with his phone (whose voice is OTT imo) after finding out it can talk was somewhat amusing when he earlier thought it was a lie when he read about TR online.

Also.... why Pelipper? Bring back Delibird you cowards!
Not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing.

Not a fan of Jenny's new look either, but at least they remembered Kanto Jenny has Growlithe.
I'm not surprised Jenny got a redesign, but at the same time, I miss the original Jenny design since it's a Kanto Jenny.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Jenny changed looks because the old one is too Heisei for the Reiwa era.

Anyway, the episode's quite good. Some solid character interaction between Ash and Go.

Ok Pokemon, I get it. You want me to play Go and Masters.

I'm finding Masters to be a fun game so far. DeNA seems committed on improving the game and it's getting more enjoyable.

Pokémon Go is boring though. I only played for Meltan, kept using to level up and be ready in case we get another Meltan but after Dexit, I'm only still using because I'm a completist and I want to reach level 40. Once I reach that, I'm done.

Basically this. Though I should add, the episode also highlighted Gou's lack of friends and the fact he really wants to be Ash's buddy but didn't understand he already is one. They really wanted to show us the softer side of his character, as he's gone from "I'll recognise you as one my friends!" in the last episode to being all shy and awkward in this episode. There was also another pretty big hint that his obsession with researching Pokemon is the reason he doesn't have many friends in the first place. He was so concerned about the integrity of their study that he didn't even want to help Ivysaur out

Yeah, I really noticedmost of that while watching the episode. It's quite interesting and an interesting dynamic.

Gonzalo85arg

Someone believes that the bad character of yamper towards satoshi, means that in the future this catches him after he saves him in some episode. Its evolution is ideal for Satoshi.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I'm disappointed too that delibird didn't deliver it to TR. Would have been a simple moment but would have felt so much to the fans. Why can't they make these little harmless continuity references for the fans :( Delibird last appeared in DP as i remember
Yeah, its last physical appearance was in DP191, delivering a note from Matori.

Red and Blue

Someone believes that the bad character of yamper towards satoshi, means that in the future this catches him after he saves him in some episode. Its evolution is ideal for Satoshi.
Cant see why Koharu would give up her Yamper. Unlike Kukui and Rockruff it clearly belongs to her

nuzamaki90

Really liked this episode for the most part which was weird because I wasn’t looking forward to it at all. I like Go and Ash’s relationship and it’s actually really wholesome. However at the end Go was teetering on the edge of crush territory, so its looking like our boy Ash’s sexual appeal knows no bounds ;)

Team Rocket were also a treat to see. I always love seeing these guys around and new faces reacting to their shenanigans. We also finally got to see their new toy in action, which is like a real life Pokémon gacha lol! And yet, even though they seemingly have no reason to grow attachment to these PokeTools, they are still concerned. So sweet of them.

Kinda liking the format of these episodes so far, but still wish it was a standard journey like before.