• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ivysaur is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think So? (1093)

Gaorasoage

In gen 7 he was very annoying in USUM tho in SM he was fine. I kinda liked him in the anime, unpopularly tho his dub voice is atrocious. Gen 8 rotom phone seems great in show and games so that's nice.
I gave up on the dub since 2009 but saw the last two movies dubbed and was shocked how much better than the series it is.

As for no Delibird maybe TR has expanded and he was off doing something else

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I gave up on the dub since 2009 but saw the last two movies dubbed and was shocked how much better than the series it is.

As for no Delibird maybe TR has expanded and he was off doing something else

Ig but just imagine how happy fans would be if it was just one delibird instead of pelliper. Like why can't they do these small non consequential continuity nods for the fans. It doesn't confuse the new fans and makes the old ones happy. Win win

Gaorasoage

Ig but just imagine how happy fans would be if it was just one delibird instead of pelliper. Like why can't they do these small non consequential continuity nods for the fans. It doesn't confuse the new fans and makes the old ones happy. Win win
It’s possible the new writers either don’t know or care about certain older stuff. I mean the writers may have never seen the show. I’m always curious on the process for newer writers and if they are told about older stuff or not

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well, now I'm 100% certain that this a pokémon go inspired anime between the raid battle last week and the gym featured in this episode that was under construction, so n0w I'm way less excited for this series -_-
I just wish they would focus on Swsh... I do like the new series, its better than SM for me, but I would rather see Swsh promotion

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It’s possible we’re getting SWSH2 and they don’t want to ruin it so once that drops we get full SWSH focus
W
It’s possible we’re getting SWSH2 and they don’t want to ruin it so once that drops we get full SWSH focus
Why would they release a new series just to make a new one after a short time ? o.o
Also, Swsh was released now so why would they want to promot in a delay?

Konja7

I really doubt this will be the case even if we have SWSH2.

I mean this will be the time to promote SWSH, but they choose to focus on the 8 regions (and Kanto seems to be more focus).

I see more likely this season wants to promote the franchise in general. After all, there is a lot merchandise in the franchise apart from the video games.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Watched this episode three times, hmm....
  • Go’s female Rotom Smartphone sounds terribly bad, the extent to which it gets used for nondex stuff guarantees this thing will be talking all saga. Satoshi’s is fine but still it’s pretty dumb they just didn’t have him bring his from Alola. Though these Rotom aren’t nearly as sentient so I guess that’s why they didn’t just make the transition.
This is pretty much why I already miss Rotom Dex. Though it might not have worked with this episode specifically since Rotom would've gotten in the way of Ash & Go's interactions if he was back, but I would've loved to see him bounce off between Go, Koharu, or the Professor whenever Ash does something reckless -_- (also I would've guaranteed they'd have a Sherlock Holmes or Detective Conan inspired counterpart to Alola Detective Laki if Rotom was back).

Gaorasoage

I really doubt this will be the case even if we have SWSH2.

I mean this will be the time to promote SWSH, but they choose to focus on the 8 regions (and Kanto seems to be more focus).

I see more likely this season wants to promote the franchise in general. After all, there is a lot merchandise in the franchise apart from the video games.
The anime should have done that since day 1. If they somehow even adapted older stuff like Reburst or shadow Pokémon I know I’d scream

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder how long can they make up special events that nobody heard of during the original travels through the regions?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It’s not hard I mean in life so many people can miss out on things due to the path they used. Ash used to be rushing to get to gyms so him missing things is very likely
Or he's always getting sidetracked by stopping to help out a cotd or potd with their problems and stopping Team Rocket who always gets involved in some way.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Go's "so you're one of those guys" attitude towards Ash after their fight basically says something like this happened more than once. Either Go is a terrible friend, single-mindedly obsessed with his dream that he pushes others way, or some other problem is probably interesting. Honestly, developing Go via how he conducts his research vs. how Ash conducts his is honestly one of the best ideas this series has to offer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the episode for the most part. Even though Fushisigou is one of those awkward middle stage Pokemon that I normally find to be incredibly insipid, I liked seeing them here because they needed the exposure since it's usually Fushigidane and Fushigibana that get the attention in the anime. I just didn't like Musashi and Kojirou's new Pokemon.

DatsRight

Yeah because he considered them incompetent and not able to do their job. This was before all of their "accomplishments". DR was implying that that TR should face consequences they for not doing anything noteworthy like they weren't doing that for 12 years. Also that scene you're talking about wasn't a consequence considering they lied about defeating Magma and Aqua to him... just again showing he isn't that impressed by them.

My best guess is that Giovanni might still hold some better view of them after they saved his life in BW. Plus villainous competition tends to conveniently fizzle out wherever they travel.

They also swapped out Delibird for a freaking Pelipper for no reason...
Delibird would have been a continuity nod as he was always the method of transportation. Quite disappointing Giovanni and Matori are the only other parts of OS-BW Team Rocket that are still around.

Actually was Matori (and Alola Meowth) even in this episode?

CupidKirby

Pikachu almost lost to seemingly Level 10 Gyarados and Tyranitar... Without those Ivysaur and Bulbasaur he would've lost...

Wait, what? It's impossible for Tyranitar or Gyarados to be level 10. Pupitar doesn't evolve until level 55 and Gyarados can't learn Hyper Beam until level 52. The people screaming "Pikachu got reset again" never cease to amaze me. If anything, this episode proves that Pikachu did not get reset because both of those Pokemon are crazy over-powered. One other person in this thread even said that Pikachu shouldn't have been able to defeat them.

Last edited: