• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jaded Envy (Contestshipping-May+Drew)

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Jaded Envy
Contestshipping-Drew<3 May
Rated PG[ soon to be PG-13]

Heyy, this is my second fanfic post on Serebii! This story is about May who, after losing three Grand Festivals, has given up coordinating for good. Drew is not happy about this one bit and makes it his mission to get her back into the game. While the two of them argue, flirt and everything else that goes long with their relationship, Jess, a fan club girl of Drew's, get jealous. To what extents and depths will she go to make May's life hell? Read to find out!
Hope it doesn't suck! :) Reviews (Good or bad) are welcome but no nasty flames please! >.< Enjoy!

Chapter 1

May sighed. She was sitting on a bench outside of the contest hall in Lilycove. She could hear Mr. Contesta introducing the contest as the announcer stepped aside. The large screen on the front of the hall flickered on and May saw the contestants beaming at the camera as they were introduced.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of all our coordinators I welcome you to this wonderful event leading up the Grand Festival! Now please join me in giving them a hand for all their hard work thus far!” The crowd cheered loudly and May sighed again. She stared down at her feet and wondered who would win. Both Soledad and Drew had entered along with Harley. May shuddered despite herself.

“Now, welcome Drew from LaRousse City!” Vivian cried. May looked up just in time to see Drew smiling at the camera and waving with Roselia at his side. May bit her lip and balled her hands into fists looking at the ground. Then Vivian announced Soledad from Pewter City and May lost interest. She stood and was about to find a snack then wait for Ash and the others at the exit when a surprised gasp rippled through the crowd. May glanced at the screen and Vivian’s worried face came on.

“No need to worry folks, we’ll find him! For now let’s have our next couple coordinators do their appeals!” she said masking her worry and continuing the show. As the next coordinators began their appeals, May saw a group of girls exit the hall; some were angry and others worried.

“Where could he be?!” one girl squealed.

“Calm down, he’s probably just taking a break!” another girl answered; she was taller than the rest and seemed to be in charge. May wondered who had disappeared and she moved closer to hear.

“But what if he’s not!” another girl exclaimed.

“Chill out, Heather! We’re going to find him. That’s why we are the Drew Fan club!” the tall girl said. She flipped her hair and began leading the group away to begin the search.

“So it’s Drew who’s missing…” May thought out loud. “I wonder where he went.” She shrugged and sauntered over to her bench where she sat down again. Then she remembered her original plan and hopped right back up again. May walked dejectedly over to the nearest ice-cream stand. The fact that Drew was missing didn’t bother her much. It would have in the past but May didn’t care about anything anymore. Losing the Grand Festival with an after clap three years in a row had a way of depressing a young coordinator. This year May decided she would quit contests altogether. She had come to Lilycove with Ash, Brock and Max only because of the fair.

“Um…one strawberry please, in a cone.” She asked not bothering to look cheerful.

The server happened to be Nurse Joy of Fortree who had come and help out her sister. “What’s wrong dear? Not entering the contest?” she asked kindly.

May shook her head. “Not this time. Thank you.” May took the cone that the nurse was handing her and waved halfheartedly before wandering to the exit of the contest hall. There was still a buzz as everyone looked for Drew. May decided she couldn’t take the hopeful hum of the busy coordinators and she walked back to her bench gulping the last of her cone.

“Great! I went in a circle!” she mumbled and plopped down, irritated, and crossed her arms. Without thinking May looked up at the screen of the ongoing appeals. Wrong move.

Biting her lip, May clenched her fists and turned to stared down at the ground. Harley danced across the screen with his Cacturn making a horrible appeal. Something was off - but May was too upset to care. She tried to hold back the threatening tears unsuccessfully. She stood just as the tears rolled down her cheeks and fell to the ground making a small puddle at her feet.

“Stop crying!” a voice floated over to her and May’s eyes popped open in surprise. The feeling of surprise faded so quickly she didn’t even look up.

“What did I just say?!” the voice growled in irritation. A hand came to her face and forced May to look up. His eyes were much too green…

“Go away Drew! Go win you stupid contest and leave me alone!” she said and yanked her face away from him. May turned her back and wiped her eyes on her arm. She heard Drew sigh and plop down on the bench.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in the contest hall anyways? Everyone is looking for you.” May tried to sound snappy but it came out in more of a pathetic huff.

“Yeah,” Drew answered nonchalantly.

“So?” May asked.

“So, yeah.” He smirked. May knew how to get a straight answer from him but she felt much to annoyed to try and bother.

“Whatever.” She huffed and began stomping off. May thought she had covered enough ground and created enough distance between them to breath normally and she began mumbling to herself. “Stupid Drew thinks he’s all that. Stupid Fan girls, stupid contests, stupid DREW!” she exclaimed.

“You called?” Drew asked from directly behind her. May spun around and flushed bight red realizing he had heard everything.

“No! Go away!” she said and tried to reduce the blush.

“I can’t do that without accomplishing my mission first.” He answered flicking his hair back.

“Then go finish your stupid mission.” May snapped successfully.

“But you are my mission. I’ve come to bring you to the contest.” Drew bowed slightly and shoved a red rose in her face. May was flustered momentarily but soon composed herself. She ignored the rose and turned her head to the side.

“No. I’ve quit contests.” She stated crossing her arms. Drew was, to put it mildly, very surprised. He soon composed himself and began to provoke her.

“Without you there is no other competition besides Soledad and she isn’t as entertaining. It gets boring.”

May blazed. “I’m glad that you find me amusing, but I’m not entertaining you anymore.” She slapped the red rose to the ground and the petals fluttered lightly before floating down.

Drew stood looking serious and maybe even angry but May didn’t care. “Fine. Come on Roselia.” He said keeping his voice level. Drew began to walk away but Roselia didn’t follow. She looked up at May almost pleadingly.

“Roselia!” Drew called. Still the little pokemon didn’t move.

Both Roselia and May were remembering the last time something like this had happened. Drew had been the one to cheer May up and help her get that fighting spirit back. Without her, Drew was a pretty devil. Roselia noticed how strangely Drew acted then and now. Every mention of May and he would get jumpy and evasive.

May scooped up the little Roselia and cuddled it as tears began to overwhelm her again. Drew turned and looked back. He saw tears glimmering and running down May’s cheeks. Roselia looked upset and began to chirp unhappily. Drew walked back to the two adverse and discontented females.

He placed a hand on May’s shoulder but addressed Roselia. “Come on girl, it’s alright.” May gasped and looked up and smiled faintly. Drew opened his arms and May handed him the little pokemon but Roselia clung to May’s shirt trapping the two coordinators together. They blushed and Roselia smiled to itself sneakily.

Then Drew, debating on whether or not to move, suddenly shifted his weight so they were closer. With one fluid movement he kissed May gently on the cheek and took Roselia into his arms. He returned the pokemon, smirking as May stood frozen and blushing. Suddenly, they heard a cry of outrage.

“Ugh!” a girl cried. Drew and May turned to see a group of girls clustered around one tall one and May recognized them as Drew’s Fan Club.

“There you are Drew!” one girl, May thought her name was Heather, bounced over with the others following.

“Everyone has been looking for you.” Another fan girl added. Drew smiled a dazzling smile and let the girls pull him off to the contest hall without even looking back at May.

“Come on Jess!” Heather called to their frozen leader. The group giggled off with Drew leaving May staring at the girl they called Jess. She stood akimbo and glaring angrily.

Slowly the girl came closer. Her face had pure fury across the striking features without the slightest hint of anything but anger.

“What was all that about!” she demanded crossing her arms.

“A-all what?” May asked.

“You and Drew? I will let you know that I am the president of the Drew Fan Club and I’ve got first dibs sister, so lay off!” Jess scowled leaning her big nose close to May causing the brunette to retreat a step.

“B-but there’s nothing between m-me and Drew!” May protested.

“There had better not be! Or there will be trouble!” Jess shoved May roughly back and the poor coordinator fell back on her behind forced to watch the snotty fan girl walk – or strut – away.

“Stupid lettuce head.” May mumbled as she brushed herself off and stood.

“So now I’m not just stupid, but a lettuce head also?”

May spun around startled.

“Don’t do that! And yes, you are a lettuce head!” May grabbed his bangs in front and tugged lightly. Drew smirked and placed his hand on hers. May snatched it back in annoyance and stomped away with thoughts of Jess filling her head.

“I still haven’t achieved my mission.” Drew said sniffing a rose. May froze then turned on her heel.

“Too bad! Go away!” she called and began stamping away again.

“If I get you to the hall will you?” Drew asked deviously.

“Phwt! As if you could!” May scoffed.

“If I did?” Drew repeated.

“Fine, I’ll enter if you can get me there without causing a scene!” May laughed self assured. Drew smirked and sent out Flygon. May eyed the green pokemon suddenly unsure.

“Don’t think I’m g-getting on that thing!” She stuttered.

“Not scared are you?” Drew chuckled.

“Oh yes, terrified!” May tried to snort sarcastically.

“Fine, I’ll make another deal with you.” This time Drew looked so animated that it made May hesitant.

“What is it?” she asked cautiously.

“If I get you to the hall, you either enter or…” Drew smirked. “Or you have to stand on the side of the stage cheering me on like a cheerleader.”

“No!” May exclaimed. “Absolutely not!”

“I knew you were scared of Flygon.” He said.

“I’m not!”

“Then why are you so apposed to being dragged there by him?”

“Because when I get there I have to cheer for you. I’m not wearing some green cheerleader thing with green pompoms cheering you on! I’m not some stupid fan girl!” May clarified crossing her arms.

“You’re scared.” Drew contradicted. “Of both!”

“I am so not!” May cried her voice rising two octaves.

“Prove it!” Drew sneered. Then May realized he was trying to trick her. Either way she would admit defeat whether to herself or to him and Drew knew that.

“Fine!” May snatched the cheerleader outfit that he was holding and glowered at him.

Drew was ecstatic and his face showed pure triumph.

After braving the short, and utterly useless, ride on Flygon, May marched to the bathroom and changed. She carefully slipped all her clothes into her bag and pulled on the green cheerleading outfit. The miniskirt was just as short as May’s usual white one except she didn’t have any shorts! The tank top had a big gold D on the front and there was a similar gold trim around the edges; May felt like an idiot. She scowled, wondering why in the world Drew would carry something like this around. She would bug him about that later. Right now May had to brave the rest of this contest in the ridiculous outfit.

May shoved the door open and exited feeling even more ridiculous than before as she saw Drew’s smirking face waiting for her. He was leaning against the door holding yet another rose, except it was blue.

“Not bad!” he laughed. May glowered and shoved the door back so it hit him in the face.

“Gah!” Drew exclaimed. May giggled and pulled the door back.

“Oops! My bad! I didn’t see you there Drew.”

Drew made a face and rubbed his nose. “You can’t help but flirt can you?” he teased. May glowered again.

“Whose flirting?!”

“I am I guess…” Drew said and placed the blue rose behind her ear. May blushed but didn’t pull it away. “It really doesn’t look half bad.” He added.

“That reminds me, where in the world did you get this?” May asked motioning to the outfit.

“Harley gave it to me. For you actually.” Drew said casually flipping his hair.

“Yick! That is wrong on so many levels! Well…I’m glad he thinks of me!” she forced a smile and hid her hands, pompoms and all, behind her back.

“Haha, yeah. I guess. Well I’m going to go relive them of worry and start my appeal now.” Drew gave a casual wave and began walking. May smiled, glad that he had forgotten the deal. She waved back swishing a green pompom, when she spotted Jess watching her around the corner. May calculated what it must look like to the fan girl and began to panic as the group headed towards her.

“Actually Drew?” May called.

“Hm?”

“Can I go…” she gulped “and cheer? For Roselia!” she added sternly.

Drew turned and looked at her in surprise but then smirked. “If you like!” he said and waved her forward. “I could use a cheerleader.” May glanced at Jess and scampered after Drew like the chicken – Torchic – she was.

When Drew reached the stage the crowd erupted into cheers, and sighs of relief where heard all over the hall. Now that Jess was gone, May realized what she had really gotten herself into. She stood on the side and held the green pompoms loosely and trying to hide behind the curtain out of sight.

“Go Roselia!” Drew called. The beautiful plant pokemon swirled out of the pokeball in a whirl of rose petals. Drew grabbed May’s arm and yanked her on stage just as Roselia landed neatly balancing between their hands. The crowd erupted into cheers again.

“MAY!” Max, Brock and Ash exclaimed in unison from the audience.

“Now! Petal Dance!” Drew called and Roselia leapt up high above them sending out another swirl of rose petals. “Now solar beam!” The solar beam powered up quickly and shot up in the swirl of rose petals exploding into many sparkles and fluttered around the stage and into the audience. May felt lost in the commotion that was Drew’s performance. For a moment she remembered how good it felt to be in sync with her pokemon and to compete in contests. Without realizing it, she tightened her grip on his hand. “Relax, or she’ll lose her balance.” Drew whispered in May’s ear just as Roselia headed towards them. May tried her best to follow instructions and focus on the pokemon coming towards them. Roselia landed in the same spot as before, between May’s and Drew’s hands with perfect balance and timing.

Once again the crowd erupted into cheers and Roselia leapt into May’s free arm as Drew bowed. He tugged her gently to bow with him and May bent over slightly. She was still shocked that everything had gone the way it had. She didn’t know how Roselia had done it! It was never practiced before!

May and Drew walked off hand in hand, much to Jess’ distaste.
“See, I got both of what I wanted. You were in the contest and you’re wearing the outfit.” He smirked. May shoved him playfully as they reached the waiting area. They let go of each others hands as Ash came into view.

“May!” Max called as he ran towards her. He stopped short with Ash and Brock right behind him. “What are you wearing?”

“I thought you weren’t going to compete anymore.” Ash commented.

“I wasn’t planning on it but then Drew came and asked me for help so I said yes.” May shrugged. Brock wasn’t fooled but he didn’t say a word.

“I’m going to go change now, if you don’t mind.” She shoved Drew again and the coordinator shrugged as May strode off to the bathroom. When she came back out May handed the outfit to Drew.

“Nah, you keep it.” He refused. “I have no use for it. And it was intended for you anyways.” He smirked. May wrinkled her nose and Drew laughed. She tucked it into her bag along with a red bandana.

“Well, I’ll see you around!” Drew waved and began walking back to wait for the battle rounds. Then May had an idea.

“Wait Drew!” she ran after him and began explaining. “Do you mind if I enter after all? We would have to share the appeal round score.”

Drew pretended to think about it and May rolled her eyes.

“Fine.” He said and then took off in the other direction again. May smiled and took off towards the registration desk.

“M-May Maple…” she panted. “I just… appealed with D-Drew…”

Nurse Joy smiled politely. “Yes, what would you like?”

“T-To register…if it’s not too late.” May asked.

“Register? Ms. Maple? Why you have already been registered.” Nurse Joy smiled.

“Really? By who?” May asked in surprise.

“By Mr. Drew.” She replied.

So he had this whole thing planned out! The appeal, the cheerleading outfit, the delay, everything!

“Thank you Drew…” May whispered and with a wave she raced off to the waiting room again.
;470;

Last edited:

MayfanxD

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I hope the next chappie is coming soon. The descripsion of the surrounding was missing.

Now please join me in giving them a hand for all their hard work thus far
!”

Now please join me in giving them a hand for all their hard work this far"

She flipped her hair and began leading the group away to begin the search.

Imitating Drew. *how stupid*

May spun around and flushed bight red realizing he had heard everything

Ithink it's supposed to go: May spun around and blushed bright red ...

but I’m not entering you anymore

but I'm not entering anymore
or
but I'm not entertaining you anymore

Okay, you're fic is great so far and I would love to go on, but mom threatend to take my computer away so, I'll finish posting another time.

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
lol, thanx. Out of all the typos it is actually entertaining, but flushed and thus are corrct. I ment for them to be that way. Thus far is an older expression so you may not have heard so it and flushed is a synonym for blushed but slightly more intense/meaningful. Thanx for the review and Jess does copy Drew lol because she hopes he'll notice their "common intrests" but you'll find out more about that later. Thanx again! :)
-Drew's Baby ;470;

MayfanxD

Yay, I'm back on.

Anyhow, I really think I should kep myself out of this correcting stuff since I'm not too good at it myself but I'll be going on anyway. Oh, and make yourself a pm-list so that I can be on it.

"Come now Roselia.” Drew said and opened hi arms.

"Come on now, Roselia." Drew said and opened his arms.

Suddenly they heard a cry of outrage.

I think this is: Suddenly, they heard a cry of outrage. But I'm not quite sure.

May eyes the green pokemon suddenly unsure.

Uhm ... Yeah ... Well ... Yeah ... . This sentence is a little bit weird, don't you think?

Just one question. How did Drew get that Cheerleader into his hands? Has he carie it with him from the beginning, or did he take it out of his bag or something?

So he had this whole thing planned out! The appeal, the cheerleading outfit, the delay, everything!

“Thank you Drew…” May whispered and with a wave she raced off to the waiting room again

This is just my opinion, but shouldn't May get ,like, really mad? It doesn't really make sence to me.

So, that was just about it. There may be a few more mistakes, but this is everything that I could find, so ... yeah ... Uhm ... Yeah.

Anyhow, be sure to make a pm-list and be even surer to have me on it. (Did I already mention this?)

You're fic is really awesome. I just can't imagine how this is supposed to go on. It really takes a lot of imagination to come up with something that actually goes on with the storie.

Just ... make sure you come up with the next Chapter fast, because I want to go on reading.

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Lol, oh my goddness thank you! I have to edit this one. Srry about all the typos i posted it quickly w/o proofreading and havn't had time to go back.

I'll add you to the Pm list! Sure! ur the first on to ask, yay!

oh and the next chapter is almost done. ttyl!

-Drew'sBaby

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Heyy! Um...the PM list is open so if your interested plz post! And thanks to all the reviews, your input is really helpful!I hope this has at least a little bit more description? Maybe? >.<

:D Here's Chapter 2!!!

Chapter 2

“Drew!” May called. She charged back into the waiting room and almost ran right smack into Harley. Her stop was so immediate and unexpected that May stumbled backwards and fell on her behind for the second time that day.

“Ow!” she cried out.

“Oh it’s you!” Harley exclaimed with false excitement.

“And it’s you…” May mumbled irritably. Standing, she rubbed her backside.

“That was one good double appeal.” Harley commented sarcastically.

“Yeah…” May mumbled again and walked past Harley into the waiting room. He shrugged and walked away but May was sure she hadn’t heard the last of him.

She sat on the nearest bench and sent out her Skitty. The pink feline pokemon had a big head, slit-like eyes and ears that were pointed but bushy at the top and its tail had a fairly plant-like shape. Though usually chasing its tail, Skitty just sat, showing no energy after having just woken up from a nap. It yawned and looked up expectantly at its trainer.

“Meaoo?” it asked curiously. “Skii, Skii Meao?” May was about to answer when Skitty noticed its tail and leapt up begging to chase it. May giggled as Skitty toppled over, accidentally whacking herself on the head with her tail. May watched Skitty play for awhile then Skitty made little noises and finally remembered her trainer. May giggled again and stood, picking up the pink kitten pokemon.

“You sure are energetic!” she said.

“How about you save some of that energy for the contest.” a voice asked. May and Skitty looked up to see Drew and Absol heading their way. Suddenly Skitty turned her head and flicked her tail interestedly and struggled to be put down. May placed the little pokemon down and it scampered over to Absol.

“Ab?” the big pokemon questioned, lifting a paw. Absol had slight feline traits and a very cat-like face which it turned to look quizzically at Skitty. May’s Skitty darted in between its legs and popped out in front between its two big paws looking up at Absol with an odd expression. Absol lowered its head and Skitty rubbed against it purring softly.

“Wow,” May giggled. “I think Skitty likes Absol!”

“Huh?!” Drew exclaimed. “I guess so!” he smiled, blushing, and scratched the back of his head.

May giggled again and reached down to pick up Skitty but Absol growled and guarded the small pokemon. Skitty hid behind his back, right paw and began batting at his tail playfully.

“Huh? Absol, Skitty and I need to work out a strategy.” May said. Absol picked up the Skitty gently by the tail and placed it on the bench before sitting protectively in front, eyeing May and Drew.

May sighed and sat next to Skitty. “Ok, lemme think…” she started and began planning appeals and contest strategies in her head. Drew sat next to her and watched the current battle between Soledad and her partner vs. Haley and his partner… something seemed a little off… May glanced at the screen, then at Drew.

“It’s a double battle?” she asked. Drew nodded wordlessly. “Thanks for telling me, now I have to find a partner.” She mumbled crossing her arms irritably.

“I’ll be your partner.”

He said it as a demand rather than an offer and this bothered May.

“No thanks!” she scoffed. “I don’t want to be partners with you!”

Skitty gurgled happily as Absol rubbed its nose against the small pink tail. May and Drew sweat dropped.

“Uhh...I guess we have no choice…” she muttered.

“Guess not.” Drew blushed again and scratched his head.

“And now for our final battle, Drew from LaRousse and May from Petalburg are up against Freddie, a Fiore ranger, who is visiting us all the way from Wintown and his partner Aria, who is another Fiore ranger from Fall City! This should be an interesting battle!” Vivian announced excitedly. In the time May and Drew had been squabbling, the two rangers had been making their way to the finals. Now only Drew and May stood in the way of their goal.

It wasn’t often that Rangers, from any region, entered pokemon contests, and when they did, they were usually very good and only worked with their one particular partner pokemon.

“Rangers, huh?” Drew thought out loud. “We can take ‘em!”

Absol and Skitty cheered in agreement but May wasn’t so sure. There was a reason why she had stopped competing and suddenly it came back to the front of her mind, causing May to hesitate. Drew was such a good coordinator, as much as she hated to admit it, and she didn’t want to hold him back…

“I don’t know about this actually…” May bit her lip and her hand came up to cover her mouth automatically. May looked out to the waiting, cheering crowd and then at the two expectant rangers waiting. Aria looked somewhat snobbish, and Freddie? He just looked pumped.

“May, you’ll do fine!” Drew said. For a moment he reminded her of Max…

“May, you’ll be fine!” Max said and patted her on the back.

“But Max, all those people!” May whispered in fear.

“Aww its fine! You’ve done so many things in the past with Team Rocket and all, that I’m surprised you’re so scared!” he teased. May smiled weakly. “Don’t worry big sis! Ash, Brock and I will be right out there cheering you on!” and with that Max took off towards the stands…

May looked up at Drew and smiled eagerly. “Let’s go! Come on Skitty!” she exclaimed and ran out onto the stage. She was laughing with an arm raised, waving as Skitty ran in front. Skitty bounced happily and May actually looked excited to win. Drew watched, smiling. She was finally getting there again. The fire was returning… He smirked to himself and walked out with his hands in his pockets, Absol following.

The two rangers looked at them with totally opposite expressions. Aria looked at May and Drew with a snobbish, very smug look that displayed her self confidence. She wore white pants and a purple and white shirt that was the Fall City ranger uniform. Her long, blond hair was curled but Aria soon pushed it behind her shoulders and May noticed that she wore brown gloves similar to her own.

Freddie eyed May and Drew with a competitive drive, which showed how eager he was to be there. He reminded May of Ash! Freddie wore also wore his ranger uniform, though different from Aria’s because he was from Wintown.

Then Absol bent forward into his battle position and Skitty leapt onto its head imitating him. Then May had an idea.

“Skitty! Introduce yourself!” she cried and extended her arm out to display Skitty. This was something May had been working on before the Grand Festival and luckily Skitty remembered.

The little pokemon leapt into the air and at that moment Drew cried “Absol, shower Skitty with a light razor wind!” Absol complied and a gentle breezy, razor wind blew upward, propelling Skitty higher. Skitty flipped in the air and blew out a small blizzard creating and icy, but beautiful shower of snowflakes to fall just as she landed on Absol’s head again. Then both pokemon bowed.

The audience cheered loudly and May beamed, while Drew smiled to himself.

“What a wonderful way to introduce your pokemon!” Vivian cried excitedly. “Now let’s see what the rangers do to counter!”

Aria smirked and made a signal. The entire hall began to fill with a smoke screen and then, out from behind the stage, a Snubbull charged. It leapt up excitedly and landed directly in front of Aria. Then a Quilava, who was producing the smoke screen, emerged and stood directly in front of Freddie.

“Snubbull, charm ‘em!” Aria cried. The Snubbull wiggled its small, pink arms and hearts began to swirl around it and Quilava.

“Now, Quilava help her out with swift!” Freddie called. The Quilava produced little, yellow stars that collided with the hearts and exploded into pink and yellow sparkles. At the same time both pokemon jumped up and landed in some sort of angular formation.

The crowd cheered again and Vivian exclaimed in surprise. “Wow! Looks like we’re going to have a really fantastic battle, folks! Coordinators get ready! And the clock starts!”

“Absol, shoot water pulse in a circle towards Quilava!” Drew exclaimed.

“Skitty! Use blizzard and aim it thought the water pulse!” May cried.

The large Absol shot a spectacular water pulse straight at Quilava in a perfect circle and Skitty blew a blizzard right through the center. Both attacks shot straight towards Quilava in perfect sync.

“Quilava! Flame wheel and deflect the attack towards Skitty!” Freddie cried.

“You too, Snubbull! Use Thunder Fang on Skitty!" Aria said.

The water Pulse blizzard streaked right towards Quilava but the fire pokemon shot a flame wheel the exact same size straight at it and the whole thing exploded loudly. At the same time Snubbull charged at Skitty with a Thunder Fang, but May was quicker.

“Skitty, leap up into the explosion and use assist!” she called.

“Absol use flash!” Drew added.

Absol created a blinding light directly behind Skitty as she leapt up into the glow left behind from the circular attack, and at random chose one of Absol’s moves. It cried out and spiraled towards Snubbull with a fierce iron tail. Snubbull. Snubbull was caught off guard and Skitty slammed its pink tail into the un-expecting pokemon’s head, sending Snubbull flying back towards Aria. Aria and Freddie lost 10 points out of 60.

“And an amazing combo attack from May’s Skitty and Drew’s Absol sends Snubbull soaring!” Vivian cried.

“Quilava, flamethrower on Skitty!” Freddie cried. Before May or Drew could react, Skitty was hit directly in the stomach by the approaching flamethrower. Skitty hit the ground with a hard thud and Absol turned in worry.

May and Drew lost 10 points out of 60.

“Now Snubbull, headbutt Skitty!” Aria cried. Once again caught off guard, May’s Skitty lay unprotected against the oncoming attack and was thrown backwards. May and Drew lost another 10 points. They’re ganging up on Skitty first to deal with Absol later! May thought and grit her teeth. She was not about be taken out of this battle just yet!

“Skitty! Use blizzard on Quilava!” she cried.

“Absol! Protect Skitty!” Drew cried.

Skitty leapt up and fired a chilling blizzard at Quilava and Absol stood protectively over it so only Skitty’s head was visible from between its front paws as she fired her attack. The blizzard hit Quilava and Snubbull both. It battered both pokemon and immobilized them. Aria and Freddie lost 10 points.

“Now, Iron tail on Snubbull!” Drew cried.

“Keep that blizzard up Skitty!” May echoed.

Absol leapt up away from Skitty and right into the blizzard with its tail glowing. It aimed right for Snubbull’s big head.

“Quilava, send him back with another flamethrower!” Freddie called. Aria waited.

Quilava turned and fired a weak flamethrower in Absol’s direction but it dissolved quickly because of the blizzard. Absol rammed its big, heavy tail into Snubbull. Aria and Freddie lost another 15 points.

“Now! Use Thunder Fang!” Aria cried. May gasped.

Snubbull caught Absol’s front, right paw in a sickening bite. May and Drew lost 13 points. Absol howled and Skitty growled towards the Snubbull. Without May’s command, Skitty charged at Snubbull and slammed hard into the pokemon. The Snubbull let go of Absol and was flung against the back wall with a powerful force. Skitty took 25% recoil damage and staggered slightly. May and Drew lost 5 points and Aria and Freddie lost 13. May gasped again. I know that move! It’s double-edge! she thought.

“Skitty just learned double edge!” she told Drew.

“Use take down!” Aria cried furiously.

“Quilava help her out with flame wheel!” Freddie answered.

“Oh no you don’t! Skitty, use double-edge again on Snubbull.” May exclaimed.

“Absol! Razor Wind on Quilava!” Drew echoed.

Quilava shot a blazing flame thrower in Skitty’s direction but Skitty dodged easily and launched another double-edge attack. Snubbull charged at Skitty and Absol raced to protect the pink kitten. It shot a razor wind in Snubbull’s direction instead of at Quilava, giving the fire type another chance to attack.

“Flamethrower!” Freddie cried.

Quilava shot a devastatingly powerful flamethrower at Skitty and the kitten shot backwards against the back wall. She tottered on her little feet unstably and Absol turned in alarm. Snubbull smashed into him and threw Absol backwards. Luckily, Absol was very agile and he flipped landing on his feet but it still cost them points. May and Drew lost 20 points.

“Only one minute left on the clock!” Vivian cried.

Drew and May were loosing!

Drew grit his teeth and called out another razor wind attack and Absol complied willingly. But May watched her Skitty struggling and all her previous doubts and uncertainties of losing overwhelmed her again.

“May! Tell Skitty to do something!” Drew said through his teeth. May continued looking at her poor pokemon and her eyes watered. “What are you doing May!” Drew exclaimed. She had taken a pokeball out of her bag and was staring down at it.

“I won’t make you lose!” she whispered. “Skitty and I are resigning.”

“May!”

Drew grasped her by the shoulders, forcing her to look up, and stared at her. “Don’t! Think of what your pokemon will think. How will they feel? Skitty is trying! Come on! Don’t let her down!” The he turned and called to Absol. “Water pulse and watch for Skitty!”

May looked at Skitty who was looking at her expectantly now and nodded with new determination. “Ok, Skitty! Use assist!” May called. Drew smiled.

Skitty puffed her small chest and bound into the air. Huge gusts blew razor sharp knives of wind towards the attacking Snubbull. Snubbull was rammed into the ground with an echoing crash and was knocked out.
“Snubbull!” Aria cried.

-5! Freddie and Aria only had 2 points on hand vs. May and Drew who had the same. With only thirty seconds left on the clock, it was coming down to every last straw!

Absol fired the same Razor wind attack on Quilava but the fire type dodged.

“Now! Flame Wheel!” Freddie cried.

“Dodge!” Both May and Drew called in unison.

Absol leapt up but Skitty didn’t see the on coming fire sweep.

“Skitty!” May called.

At the last second Absol grabbed the little pokemon by the scruff of its little, pink neck and jumped out of the way. But he didn’t escape without injury. Without warning, Quilava had sent the flame wheel and followed it up with a strong tackle, knocking Absol and Skitty to the ground the same second that the timer rang, announcing the end.

“And that’s it folks!” Vivian cried. Skitty stood next to Absol and the dark type lay on the ground. Neither of them was unconscious, but Absol didn’t seem to be all that well either. The screen flashed to show May and Drew victorious. The crowd flew into a frenzy of applause.

“We won!” May cried. She ran out and scooped Skitty into her arms. The kitten smiled and cheered with its trainer but soon struggled to get back down to Absol. The dark type had stood and was now looking up at its trainer. Drew smiled down and placed a hand on Absol’s head.

“Good job.” He murmured and Absol nodded in thanks. Then it turned to Skitty and the pink puffball leapt onto his head. All around them the crowd laughed.

Then Drew, May, Absol and Skitty all went to accept their prize. Mr. Contesta handed each coordinator a small, blue ribbon with a light green trim and green polka dots. (Ribbon picture courtesy of Ayra.) May and Drew accepted their ribbons and turned to the crowd that was cheering their voices hoarse, and bowed in sync.

“See?” Drew teased. “You are good. You just need determination and confidence. And skill, but you’ll never have that!” he snickered.

“Hey!” May growled. Drew laughed and walked off stage with Absol. Skitty was curled up on the big pokemon’s back and rode along leaving May scowling after Drew.
oh! He did it again! “oops, he did it again!” lol. ….srry crappy joke. Anyways, stay tuned for the next chappie! Numba 3

Last edited:

MayfanxD

Yay, new Chapter! But before I let my happines flow, i'll go for nitpick (concrit).

Okay, first of all, though it's getting better, the descripsion is missing. If you would bring any new character, pokemon, etc. and describe it like that, nobody could imagine how he/she/it lookes like. And also the surrounding could use a little more descripsion.

“How about you save some of that energy for the contest?” a voice asked

THis sentence isn't supposed to be a question, but an advice, right? And the small ,a' should be a big one.

“Ok lemme think…”

"Ok, lemme think..."

Now only Drew and May stood in he way f them and their goal.

Now, only May and Drew stood in the way of them and their goal

And besides, the grammer isn't right either. It should be: Now, only May and Drew stood in their and their goals way.
Or even better: just their way without the goal.

Freddie eyes May and Drew with a competitive drive, which showed how eager he was to be there.

Freddie eyed May and Drew ...

The water Pulse blizzard

If you write the name of an attack, you either write it small, or you write it all big, but not the first word small and the second big.

At the same time Snubbull charged at Skitty with a Thunder Fang but May was quicker.

At the same time, Snubbull charged at Skitty with a Thunder Fang, but May was quicker

I know that move! It’s double-edge!

Either you say: She knew that move. It was double-edge!
or you put a ,she thought' behind and write it as if she was aying something.

another change to attack.

I think this is: another chance to attack

with a strong tackle knocking Absol

with a strong tackle, knockind Absol ...

I thought this was at the grand festival, so how come May and Drew won a ribbon? And what happened to Ash, Max and Brock, werern't they still traveling with May?

Okay so that's it for the nitpick, now i'll pour out my happines.

AWWWWW, HOW CUTE! Skitty and Absol, Skitty and Absol, Skitty and Absol! Absolutely kawai! I can just imagine what happens as soon as Skitty evolves. This is so cute, why did I never come up with this idea? I absolutly love this pair! It is soooo cute! So cute! So cute ! SO CUTE! keep going and bring some Masquerain and Beautifly in, too!

Yay! I'm on the pm-list!

Last edited:

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
oh my goodness, you are so right! Gosh, I thought I had proof-read it too! :p Sorry about all that. I'm trying to work on it...

To answer your other questions, in the first chapter Mr. Contesta says "I welcome you to this wonderful event leading up the Grand Festival!" Not that it is the grand festival. There are still more contests for those last minute coordinators like May. At the beginning, May had given up completely, and was waiting outside the contest hall for Max, Ash and Brock who were watching. Then Drew came along and she entered the contest with him. So right now, at the end of chapter 2, Max, Ash, and Brock have yet to come from the audience and congratulate May.

Hope that cleared it up a bit! Sorry.

Last edited:

MayfanxD

Ohh, okay. I get it now.

You can ask a mod to read through you fanfic if you want and correct your mistakes (I have my mom correcting it :p)

But your fanfic is good. Even though the descripsion is missing, it's fun to read and hard to let your eyes off. You should think off taking part in the shippinf fan fiction contest with it.

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
thats a good idea! Thanx, i'll consider it.

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
THIS STORY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Can I be on the PM List?

yeah sure. and thanx. ^^

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Heyy. Next part up! Thanks to all the reviews, your input is really helpful and I appreciate you reading this far. The PM list is open so if you’re interested please post. Also, custom banner work is open. [They are free-no money on other sites or games or whatever] An example is the banner I have now plus more examples are at my thread here. If you are interested, PM me or go to Fake Rose and send me an E-mail. ^^

Routine: I do not own pokemon.

Here's Chapter 3…

Chapter 3

“May! It’s your turn!” Max called exiting the pokemon center bathroom. He had just finished in the shower and was announcing May’s ‘turn.’ May smiled at her brother and walked towards him. She twirled and grabbed a blue towel from the rack before smushing it to his head and rubbing his wet hair with it. “M-May!” Max protested. She giggled and stopped. Ash, on the bed next to them, laughed and May grabbed another towel to dry his head.

“May!” Ash groaned. She laughed again and Ash crossed his arms as she ran her fingers through his wet hair. “Stop!” he grumbled and pulled away. May smiled and tossed him the towel as she turned to face Max. He stepped away. Rolling her eyes, May turned to open the bathroom door.

“Dry your hair Max. I’ll check up when I’m finished.” She said and entered the small bathroom. Once inside, May stripped down and stepped into the shower. The small bathroom had light pink wallpaper and white, porcelain appliances. A toilet, a tub/shower, and sink. The sink was barely visible under May’s clutter of things. Her bandanna was strewn across the bottles of soap and Ash’s toothbrush hung precariously on the edge about to fall. May’s brush and all her bottles of this and that were taking over the small space.

Turning off the water, May grabbed her towel and stepped out, dripping, onto the whitewashed tiles that decorated the floor. She pulled on her pajama shorts and an oversized T-shirt Ash had lent her after he accidentally misplaced hers at the pokemon center in Rustboro City – which, might we mention is – across the region.

Giggling at the memory, May brushed her wet, brown hair into their neat spikes once more and opened the door. There was a cry as a pillow nailed her in the face and May squealed stumbling backward. Ash and Max laughed and high-fived. May growled at them and stomped across the room to swat their heads. Ash laughed and Max grumbled while May giggled.

Stepping up and plopping cross-legged on the top bunk with a squeak of the springs, May smiled happily. She stretched and laid her head back on the soft pillow closing her eyes. The light blue walls of the room vanished as did the two bunk beds. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and someone bumped her from the bottom bunk. May swung up and leaned over the edge. Staring into Ash’s big, brown eyes she giggled. Ash flicked her nose and May sneezed.

“Ash!” she complained.

“Someone’s at the door for you.” Ash said pointing. May lifted her head and yelped. Ash tried to stand but May tumbled off the top bunk, and landed on top of him with a grunt as the raven haired boy fell to the floor under her weight. They both groaned and Max burst into laughter as someone cleared their throat, clearly annoyed.

May and Ash were in a tangle of arms and legs; when May tried to stand she just fell back down.

“A little help someone?” May asked. Brock reached for her hand and helped the young brunette to her feet as Ash stood dizzily.

“Geesh May. You’re so heavy!” he whined without thinking.

“Ash Ketchum! You’re so rude!” May burst in anger. She began to rant and the poor boy cowered back against the wall. “You can never tell a girl she is ‘too heavy!’ Plus I’m not! You’re just too skinny! Instead of training your pokemon, why don’t you train yourself for a change –” but suddenly, in the middle of her outburst, someone clapped a hand over her mouth and May felt herself being pulled from the room.

Ash, Brock and Max all watched and soon the door closed right in front of her eyes. She was now standing in the small hallway of the Lilycove PokeCenter. May was released and turned to stare at her captivator.

“You’re another one! I wasn’t finished scolding him!” she said stomping her bare foot and placing her hands on her hips glaring.

“Yeah, yeah.” A green haired boy waved her comments aside. He plucked a rose from his pocket and handed it to her. May accepted it tentatively, still unsure if she should chide Drew or not. Before she could make up her mind he interrupted her thoughts. “Have you been sightseeing around Lilycove yet?” he asked.

“Well…no, but we were going to see it tomorrow.” May replied, curious.

“You were.” Drew thought for a moment. “Have you been to the point? Or the beach?”

“Um…no, but Drew why –”

“Come with me.” Drew grabbed May’s hand and pulled her down the corridor.

“Drew? Where are we going? I don’t have any shoes! Drew!” May cried. Drew ignored her.
As they entered the lobby, a group of girls swarmed them and Drew had to shove his way through dragging May along behind. Just as they exited through the sliding doors, May caught a glimpse of Jess and her bright blonde curls scowling after them. May could only imagine what this must look like to the obnoxious fan girl.

Holding hands with Drew as he literally dragged her out of the PokeCenter in her pajamas, barefoot, with a red rose in the other.

“Drew!” May cried yanking her hand away once they were outside. The warm, summer breeze blew her brunette hair into her face and she spat it out of her mouth in annoyance.

“What now?” Drew asked spinning in irritation to face the exasperated coordinator.

“Where…are we going?” she asked slowly.

“To the beach.” Drew replied dismissively and spun around to begin walking.

“The beach…? Well I don’t have any shoes!” May cried as he moved further away. “DREW!”

He signaled for her to follow and didn’t reply. May groaned and ran to catch up; her bare feet slapped against the dark asphalt ground.

Panting she grabbed his sleeve and bent over to catch her breath.

“D…Drew…wait. Why…a-are we…going…to…the beach?” she asked between pants. Again he didn’t reply. Instead, he took her hand gently in his and continued forward to climb a group of stairs and begin walking past a few small houses. The sound of waves crashing against the shore floated to May’s ears as they walked in silence. Soon they reached a cliff overlooking the large beach. A lone Wingull squawked in the dark sky as moonlight filtered down and created patterns in the sand. It was a clear, warm, beautiful night.

May breathed a slow, awe expressive breath as she gazed at the beach. Drew released her and swept a hand forward motioning to the sand.

“Shall we?” he asked quietly. Feeling as if in a dream, May stepped away from the edge of the sea cliff and onto the cool, smooth, stone steps that descended down to the beach without taking her eyes off the sea. Drew followed closely behind. One, two, thee, four steps and then May placed her foot down, reaching for the last cold footstep, when sand flooded her toes and dragged her foot down into the soft dunes.

The calls of the Wingull sounded distant as May stepped forward. She walked to the edge just beyond reach of the waves, and breathed in the smell of tangy sea salt. Enraptured with the beauty of everything, she didn’t notice when Drew came to stand by her side. She hadn’t even noticed that he was wearing his swim trunks until the precise moment when she really turned to look at him. His lustrous green eyes gleamed in the moonlight looking like jade orbs and May felt her breath catch in her throat.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Drew asked, still gazing out to the sea. May nodded and turned her attention back to the rolling waves. Then he turned to her with a lopsided smile. “Care for a swim?” he asked. A mischievous glint had come to his eye.

“I can’t.” May replied sadly. “I’m in my pajama.”

“Aw, come on. You can change later.” Drew urged. He took her hand and began to lure her to the edge. May tried to pull back laughing, but Drew wouldn’t let go. Another step and the chilly water encircled her feet with foam and a delighted chill crept up May’s spine. Another few steps to Drew’s advantage and more cool water swirled around May’s toes. With the waves already to the point of crashing at her feet, and already wet well past her knees, May knew she couldn’t refuse anymore. She let Drew pull her deeper until the both of them were wet up to their stomachs. Ash’s shirt swayed lazily around May as the gentle currents batted it this way and that. May bent her knees and slipped into the water until she was completely under.

The moon sent rays of light into the waves illuminating the ocean floor for May. She could see the white sand and the patterns that the waves had created in it. She could also see where her footprints and Drew’s had broken the patterns and the light color of Drew’s swim trunks caught her eye as he appeared underwater. She smiled as bubbles rose from his nose and mouth and watched, entranced, as his emerald hair waved back and forth in the current. She could only imagine that she looked the same, not to mention slightly goofy with Ash’s boy sized shirt clinging to her small frame and weaving back and forth between the waves.

May shrugged inwardly and reached for the sandy underfoot without seeing Drew surface. The sand slid through her fingers as she hoisted herself upright upside down in an underwater handstand and pointed her legs out of the water into the air. The wind blew a warm breeze that felt chilly against her wet legs and suddenly a cold, very gentle hand came to rest around her ankle. May yelped underwater causing bubbles to rise quickly and teetered, trying to regain her balance. The quirk had been too strong and she was now rolling slowly, but steadily forward. The cold hand followed her foot under and then helped her resurface. Of course it was Drew. Holding her close he helped her to stand and then, blushing, they stepped apart.

The Wingull squawked from the beach and both May and Drew turned to look at it. Then, something squirmed under May’s foot. She yelped and grabbed Drew’s arm.

“Drew! There is something down there!” she whispered.

“Yeah, sand?” Drew replied sarcastically.

“Haha, not funny!” May struggled to keep the note of panic from entering her voice but failed. “Get it!”

“Alright, alright,” Drew agreed. “But you’ll have to let me go.”

May released his upper arm but her fingers lingered hesitantly until she finally dropped it.

“Hurry!” she squeaked.

Drew rolled his eyes and took a breath. He slid underwater and felt the cool waves overcome him and the water pounded in his ears. Blinking, he saw nothing that could have startled May. He ran his fingers through the sand all the while looking for something that could have moved. Everything around them was still except for the ever moving moon beams that shined through the glassy water and created patterns through the waves. He turned to surface and something caught his eye. Looking down, Drew saw a small Luvdisc burrowed halfway in the sand looking up at him curiously. He gently reached down to pat it but the Luvdisc sprang up from the sand and swirled around him in seconds. Drew laughed making bubbles, and surfaced with Luvdisc following.

“It was just a Luvdisc.” He said. As if to prove him correct, the Luvdisc leapt from the water and made a little jump in the space between them. May laughed. Then Luvdisc began to swim around May’s legs just as she began to wish she had her Pokedex.

“See, if you hadn’t dragged me here I could have brought my Pokedex to hear about it.” She chided lightly. Drew smiled his lopsided smile and shrugged.

“I have mine. It’s over by my shoes if you want it.” He suggested. May smiled.

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” She said and began to move away. As she walked the water level began to drop and soon all that was left was the foam by her feet. Then the dry sand began to stick to her toes as May scampered up the beach, through the footsteps of the many children and trainers that had been there earlier that day, to the stairway where Drew had dropped his Pokedex, a towel and flip-flops that apparently, she had just noticed. May wrinkled her brows and pulled them together. Had she noticed what he was wearing and/or carrying she would have not been so clueless and may have had a chance to prepare. Well, what’s done is done she thought and grabbed the Pokedex.

Motioning for Drew to bring Luvdisc closer in, she wadded into the shallows to wait so that way there wouldn’t be as long a walk to replace the Pokedex. Drew wadded closer and Luvdisc swam in his wake doing little flips; May laughed. When they were close enough May flipped open Drew’s Pokedex.

“Luvdisc the rendezvous pokemon. Luvdisc live in shallow seas in the tropics. This heart-shaped Pokémon earned its name by swimming after loving couples it spotted in the ocean's waves. Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that will never end. Luvdisc make the branches of Corsola their nests. There is a custom from long ago of giving a Luvdisc as a gift to express one's feelings of love. During the spawning season, countless Luvdisc congregate at coral reefs, turning the waters pink.”

Halfway through the entry, May wanted to slam the Pokedex into a reef “accidentally.” There couldn’t be a reason Luvdisc had come to them. Maybe it was lost, or made a mistake. Her and Drew? No way!

There was silence between them as the Pokedex finished. The only sound was of the waves and Luvdisc doing its little splashing flips. The Wingull had disappeared some time ago and now there was an awkward stillness. May turned to put the Pokedex back and Drew made no move to stop her. After trekking back up the beach, May placed the Pokedex on the low stone wall right beside the steps and sat down next to it. She looked out to see that Drew hadn’t wadded back out very far and was just playing with Luvdisc waiting for her. Smiling, she buried her feet in the warm sand and closed her eyes. A gentle breeze floated by and her wet, dripping hair swayed with it. Opening her eyes again, she gazed up at the stars. They shone brightly despite the lights of the PokeCenter and Cove Lily motel in the distance. The moon was at a half crescent sending beams of light down onto the beach and waves creating the many pools of light and patterns that danced along the shore. The sea grasses nearby whistled as another breeze fluttered by and the Kricketune sang softly between the reeds. May was slowly beginning to dry when she placed both arms out behind her and leaned her head back to gaze at the stars once more. She remembered that the first time she and Drew had met was at a beach also. The beach in Slateport City.

“Please don’t tell me you’re planning on entering the pokemon contest with a cheesy act like that!”

“Huh?”

“You’ve got no finish. No moves!”

“Hey! Who are you to tell me that?!”

“If you must know, I’m Drew. Pokemon coordinator.”

“Really? That’s just like you May!” (Ash)

“Please, no comparison! You see, you and your pokemon here, you’ve got no style!”

“HEY! You can make fun of me all you want but don’t you dare make fun of my pokemon!”

“Whoa, just calm down little girl.”

May remembered how nasty Drew had been when he booted them off the ‘private beach’ and she frowned opening her eyes. What was so different now anyways? Her Beautifly was still the same, maybe more experienced and he was still just as rude as ever! Three years hadn’t changed him a bit. And losing three Grand Festivals had changed her…a lot. Either way why was she here at the beach with him anyways? May growled and stood with her hands clenched into fists by her waist.

“Drew!” she cried out.

The reply came from behind her and slightly to the left. “What?”

May didn’t know ‘what,’ but she was made at him. Why? Because he was rude? Because he had tried to charm her by bringing her to the beach? No. May breathed out her puffed up breath and slumped back onto the wall.

“Never mind.” She said quietly. She hadn’t even heard him come up from the beach and sit by her. Not at all and now, as he turned his jade gaze on her, everything vanished. Suddenly, water began to choke her and May’s lungs began to suffocate from the green liquid. It washed the walls of her insides and left her without a breath. A whirlpool began to drag her under and May sputtered helplessly to try and stay afloat.

Then…Drew blinked.

May felt everything rush back to her and blinked herself back to reality. Then a twinge of envy began to creep into her system. Who was this girl Jess, to think she had all rights, and every claim to Drew? May had no answer, instead – a growl escaped her lips. Drew looked at her in puzzlement. It reminded her of another memory.

“Hey do you remember that time we battled over a pile of Bluk berries?” she giggled.

“No, why?” Drew asked flicking his hair away from his face.

“It was our first battle! How can you not remember?” May cried. Drew shoved a hand in her face.

“Calm down. You can’t honestly expect me to remember that do you? I mean I’ve battled so many fan girls each alike in losing.” He scoffed with a smirk. The sound of the waves rang in May’s ears as she leapt to her feet angrily.

“I am not a fan girl and I didn’t lose!” May exclaimed.

“You didn’t win either.” Drew retorted.

May breathed out an exasperated breath and walked past Drew up the steps in a rush. One glance back at Luvdisc, then she was storming through the quiet city.

“Wait May! You know I didn’t mean it like that! Just that you could never win!” Drew called. May grit her teeth and kept going. Drew scowled as he let her get away. “Great job lettuce head.” He growled to himself. Sometimes cockiness can go overboard. Standing he grabbed the towel, Pokedex and flip flops before running to catch May. He could hear her bare feet slapping angrily on the ground ahead. Everything with May was always a chase or drag. Not in the literal sense of the word, rather he would always drag her here and there and visa versa. By the time Drew caught her arm, the sound of the waves was a distant figure.

“Get off me!” May cried.

“How do you plan on explaining your wet pajama? And isn’t that Ash’s shirt?” Drew asked slightly enviously.

“What do you care?!” May spat. “All you did was bring me to that beach to insult me!”

“Is that what you really think!” Drew spat back. May was momentarily caught off guard.

“Huh?”

“You know what fine! Go back to Ash and have him lend you another shirt! I’m out of here!” Drew scowled shoving the towel in her hands. Then he began stalking off back towards the beach.

“Ash…?” May wondered to herself. “What does Ash have anything to do with this?!” she called after him. Drew didn’t respond as he continued walking. May was left astounded in that spot wondering what could have possibly set Drew off like that. She looked down at the yellow towel in doubt.
^^

Last edited:

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Aw, nobody's reading. Oh well I'm still going to post the next chapter for my own amusement. ^^ I do not own pokemon andcustom banner work is open.

Chapter four...

Chapter four

May opened the door as quietly as she could and tiptoed in re-closing it behind her. All the lights were off and all three boys lay asleep in their beds. May knew she would have to take another shower and was still stumped on what she would wear for a pajama. Clutching Drew’s towel to her chest she crept through the room to her bag. As she walked by Max’s bed, he mumbled something in his sleep. May smiled and ran her fingers through her brother’s dark hair brushing it away from his face and removing his glasses to place them on the nightstand. She smiled to herself and walked on. She gently placed Ash’s hand over his stomach as it hung off the bed before finally reaching her bag.

May began to dig through it. She pulled out every last thing and spread it out over her bed. The only articles of clothing she had left were her day clothes and a bathing suit. Real good that would do now. Groaning quietly, May slumped to the ground in despair. She had no other options left.

May slipped out of the shower with her towel around herself and slipped on the oversized black shirt and shorts she had stolen from Ash’s bag. That boy had more clothes than she did and that was not right. Either way May would need to apologize tomorrow. Sighing, she slipped under the cold covers of her bed. Relaxing into the pillow, the smell of sea salt wafted to her nose. May wrinkled her nose realizing she hadn’t washed her hair. Oh well, that could wait until tomorrow. With a yawn she began to drift off…

“Where’s May?” Ash asked worriedly the next morning. He, Brock and Max were all waiting in the lobby area of the PokeCenter for May to wake up.

“She’s probably still asleep.” Brock replied. “We don’t know how late she got in last night so it’s hard to tell when she’ll wake up.”

“Knowing May, it could be forever and the world could explode before she does!” Max sighed.

“I’ll go wake her up –” Ash said standing determinedly.

“Hold it hot shot.” Someone said placing a hand on his shoulder from behind.

“Huh? Drew?” Ash asked turning. Drew smirked and flicked his hair.

“May got in pretty late last night so I’ll go wake her.” Drew said and began walking before anyone could reply. He walked down the dark blue painted corridor to room five where May was supposedly still asleep. He placed his hand on the door knob and turned it to push the door open. There was a yelp, slap and door slam. The next thing Drew knew he was in a headlock with his back being smashed against the light blue wall of the PokeCenter room.

“You nasty peeker!” May cried as she strangled him.

“May! What are you talking about?! Drew grunted, struggling to push her away.

“You knew I was changing! You peeker!” May accused.

“May!” Drew cried. He poked her in the stomach causing her to loosen up slightly; he then spun to fix her against the wall by grabbing both May’s wrists and pinning them to the light blue wall. “What are you talking about!” he demanded.

“You knew I was changing.” May repeated glaring.

“I did not. I just came to wake you up before your snoring made the PokeCenter crash.” Drew replied.

“I do not snore!” May cried. “Now move before I kick you.” Drew curled his lip at the thought and released her to protect his – “Now move and get out so I can change.”

Stepping away Drew rolled his eyes and leaned against the closed door.

“I said to leave.” May growled. Drew was silent and flicked his hair back watching her. Growling, May stalked to her bag and snatched off the bed to enter the bathroom. She quickly shed the oversized pajama and pulled on her regular day clothes. Fixing her hair May wondered once more, what had set Drew off last night. She resolved to ask him as soon as she was ready and began tying her bandana. May glanced in the mirror once more just to double check, then opened the door. She stepped out and began gathering her things from around the room as she felt Drew’s gaze fall on her. She shivered under it as his emerald stare swept over her. Finally, May grabbed Ash’s shirt and shorts and began to fold them.

“Are those Ash’s?” Drew asked with a slight scowl. May was startled that he would react so violently to a simple concept but she quickly brushed it off.

“Yes, what else did you expect me to sleep with? My soaking wet other pajama?” May accused lightly. Drew scowled startling May again. Then she remembered that he had acted similarly last night, and wondered if this had any connection. “Hey, um, Drew? Can I ask you something?” she inquired tentatively.

“I don’t promise you an answer but shoot.” He replied still angry. This made May even more doubtful and she began to hesitate. Drew sighed noticing her uncertainty. “Just ask.” He said.

“Why did you get mad last night?” May asked in a soft whisper; Drew barely heard.

“Why did I…?” Drew repeated trying to catch all her words.

“Why did you get mad last night.” May said again louder. Drew didn’t answer and this made May nervous. She fiddled with her fingers and tried to scoot away from Drew towards the bed to grab her bag in a hope that she could escape his unintended glare. Drew sighed and grabbed her wrist pulling her to the bed. He sat on the bottom bunk and motioned for her to do the same; May decided her best hope of escaping was to comply so she moved forward to sit. Her foot caught on a loose floor board and she tumbled onto the bed – on top of Drew. There was a grunt as he fell backwards and May closed her eyes waiting for a bigger bump from the top bunk. When one didn’t come, May opened her eyes and felt herself begin to drown again as two jade orbs pierced through her.

Suddenly the door burst open and there was a cry of outrage. May leapt up, this time getting the delayed bump on the back of her skull. She rubbed the back of her head and turned to see who had cried out. A sudden chill washed through her system and the pain disappeared – what was waiting was worse. A blonde girl stood in the doorway with a look of pure rage written all over her face; nothing else detectable.

“You tramp!” Jess cried. May scooted into the back corner away from the blonde as the nasty fan girl advanced on her. “I warned you to back off! Now, you’re going to pay!”

“But, it’s not what you think!” May tried to say. Jess shoved her hard on the shoulder and May whimpered slightly as she was thrust into the wall.

“I’m going to make your life hell!” Jess hissed maliciously and grabbed May’s arm so tightly May was certain it would bruise.

“Hey!” Drew barked. “Back off!” Jess turned in surprise and an innocent look overcame her face.

“I…I’m sorry Drew!” she bowed. “I thought – she was bothering you.” Jess apologized as fake tears came to her eyes. May was taken aback at her acting skills and Drew’s face softened slightly.

“Hey, it’s alright.” Drew smiled charmingly. “I can see how you would get that picture, I mean it’s May.” He smirked, all cockiness returning. “But I assure you, there is nothing going on between us. I’d rather die first.” He said laughing at the thought. Something inside May cracked and her shoulder sagged. Tears came to her eyes and she quickly brushed them away in surprise. Jess smirked.

“Sorry sister.” She hissed with a hidden smirk before stalking out of the room.

May grabbed her bag angrily and began to leave.

“May wait –” Drew called snagging her arm. “Didn’t you want to ask me something?” May turned and Drew almost gasped at the pain, rejection and tears he saw there.

“Get away from me!” May cried and snatched her arm away. “It’s your fault I got harassed by that stupid girl! I never want to speak to you again Drew!” and with that said, May rushed out of the room.

“May!” Drew cried in confusion.

May rushed to the lobby where she knew Ash, Brock and Max were waiting. She quickly wiped her eyes and hoped that they weren’t too red and puffy as she approached the round table where they were.

“May what happened?” Ash asked worriedly. May ignored him and ducked into the booth by his side trying to smile. Ash studied her face and wrinkled his brows in confusion.

“Nothing, can we leave?” she asked with false cheerfulness.

“May, are you ok?” Ash asked.

“I’M FINE! LET’S GO!” she roared, startling the raven haired boy. May got up from her seat just as Drew entered the lobby. Spotting him, her anger dissolved and she quickly grabbed Ash up from his seat. Drew scanned the lobby and May new he would be looking for her. Just as his gaze found her, she ducked behind Ash. Drew’s eyes narrowed and he stalked out of the PokeCenter without another word.

“May, why are you hiding from Drew?” Brock asked.

“I’m not! What are you talking about?” May scoffed. “Come on!” She grabbed Ash by the sleeve and dragged him out of the center leaving Max, Brock and Pikachu behind in muddled confusion.

The PokeCenter doors slid closed behind May and Ash with a noise that sounded like air pressure being released from a tire. Seeing nothing green in sight, May breathed a sigh of relief and turned to wait for the others to exit. Once they did so, the group began to depart on their way to sightsee in Lilycove. They had decided yesterday to split up because everyone wanted to see different things but now, more than ever May did not want to be on her own and risk running into Drew without her friends. Then, a plan popped into her mind.

“Ash!” she exclaimed with a grin. The raven haired boy turned nervously. “Can I go with you. I don’t want to be alone.” She said pretending to be scared.

“But May you –” Max started. May covered his mouth and smiled pleadingly at Ash. Max frowned and licked her hand.

“Eww! Max!” May cried wiping her hand on his shirt.

“May! Gross!” Max complained.

“You started it!” she retorted.

“Guys!” Ash cried. “Fine May, I’ll go with you.” He agreed. May spun happily.

“Great! First let’s go to the dept. store!” she exclaimed. Ash and Pikachu groaned but May ignored them and began to tug Ash along the asphalt road towards her desired destination. She dragged him up the first stairway that she and Drew had traveled just last night on their way to the beach. Then, they the passed adorable little blue roofed houses and finally reached the large-

“Lilycove Department Store!” May exclaimed with a contented sigh. Shopping could always clear her mind and relieve stress easily. Ash groaned and Pikachu’s ears dropped. May walked forward, tugging Ash’s sleeve, and burst into the large retail store with a breath of contentment. The first room they entered was about twice the size of Ash’s house with items everywhere. The moment he stepped into the store, Ash was blinded by a rainbow of assorted colors that were items. Mannequins were everywhere modeling all sorts of clothing and posters hung all along the wall advertising everything from pokeballs to underwear. May quickly pulled Ash past the lingerie section before he could register what he was seeing. The entire dept store was filled with mainly girls and Ash suddenly felt a little out of place. “First, I need to send a letter home. I think stationary is on the second floor.” May thought out loud. She pulled Ash past the trainers section, past the many smoothie booths and pretzel stands until she reached the escalator. They stepped on and began going up…

“There!” May pointed rushing over to a counter. The young girl smiled as May approached and the two of them began to chatter about which mail May should buy. While he waited, Ash decided to look around. He had just begun to wander off when May pulled him back by the ear. She thanked the girl behind the counter and pulled Ash aside after gathering her bag. “Where do you think you’re going?” she hissed. Ash hadn’t even noticed that the direction he had been headed was very bright and pink – the lingerie section. Not that May expected him to know, but why scar the mind of the innocent?

“Aw, come on May!” he whined. May shoved the small bag into his hand and stuck her nose in the air.

You come on!” she said. “Next are the new pajama’s I have to buy!” She hurried off in the direction of an elevator saying something about the fifth floor.

An hour later Ash collapsed onto a bench right beside the elevator on the fourth floor. He dropped every one of May’s eight bags on the floor and groaned in exhaustion.

“Man! We must have bought everything in the store by now!” he said. May wrinkled her nose.

“Come on Ash! No time to rest! We still need to get five more things!” May insisted.

“May!”

“Pikapi!”

“Fine. One more thing then. Please Ash?” May asked pleadingly. Sighing, Ash picked up all the bags and began to trudge behind May as she led the way to the down escalator. He followed her through the crowd of people to the section all the way in the back where May insisted she buy a new outfit. Little did Ash know how long it took a girl to buy the perfect outfit. “Alright. You wait here while I go get some things to try on.” She instructed. Ash nodded, relieved to be able to sit and wait. “I’ll come out and show you when I’m done.” She giggled and sped off.

May began to browse through the racks and piles and displays of clothing. If anything from her time spent with Drew, May had learned that it was necessary to have backup outfits…and pajamas. She spotted an adorable top and began to carefully examine it. Moving on, she began to search for a matching bottom piece.

“How this Ash?” May called exiting the changing room. Ash looked up from the bench where he was sitting and smiled.

“Hey May! Not half bad!” he said. May held in a puff and resisted the urge to snap at the young trainer in an attempt at self control. Focusing on her outfit seemed to do the trick. She was wearing a short, blue dress with white pockets and a white zipper down the front. She wore a green bandana exactly like her red one and decided to keep her black shorts on to complete the look.

“Yeah, May. Not half bad.” Someone called. May turned angrily, expecting to see Drew, but instead three tall guys walked by. There lingering gazes made her shiver differently from the way Drew’s did.

“Lose the shorts babe.” One called. All three laughed and whistled as they walked by. May blushed furiously and quickly went to change. Ash heard a small growl from nearby and turned to see Drew walking down the isle towards him.

“Who where those bozo’s whistling at May?” he asked sitting next to the raven haired boy and his Pikachu. Ash shrugged. “Well, you’d better keep an eye out and watch May. I don’t like the looks of those three.” Drew said. Just then, May exited the changing room with a smile.

“Alright Ash. We can go as soon as I pay for these...” She said then spotted Drew. “What’s he doing here?”

Drew ignored her comment and spoke very seriously. “May, you’d better keep an eye out and be really careful. I was just telling Ash here that I don’t trust the looks of those three drunks.”

“Huh? What do you mean! I can take care of myself! You’re just mad that they were checking me out.” She scoffed. “Come on Ash. Let’s go.” Ash stood grabbing all of May’s bags and began to follow her to the counter. Drew grabbed May’s arm and she spun to glare at him.

“Just be careful.” He said softly and handed her a blue rose. May stared after him wondering why he had given her a blue rose. Shrugging she continued to the counter and proceeded to check out.

May arrived back the PokeCenter alone, having left Ash to roam freely, at the same time Drew stopped by to pick something up. She dropped her bags in her room and rummaged through one carefully looking for something.

“If Drew was right, then those bozos will be looking for a girl wearing red.” She mumbled to herself pulling out one of her new outfits. It had really been worrying her - what Drew said and May decided, just to be on the safe side, that she would change. Hurrying into the bathroom she slipped off her shoes and socks to put on a pair of white flip flops. Then she slipped into a white miniskirt different from her usual one. It was the same length but had pleats rather than being straight and she took off the black shorts. Then she changed tops. First she slipped on a white tank with a glimmering neckline then a brown one over it to layer. She then grabbed a tan scarf and wrapped it around her neck once leaving the two sides hanging down. The last thing was her bandana which she promptly removed and placed beside her toothbrush for safekeeping. Then, taking the blue rose Drew had given her, she placed it behind her ear as an accessory. Nodding to herself she smiled and exited the bathroom. She carefully packed away all her bags and left the room. When she reached the lobby, May saw that Drew had been waiting for her. Still slightly angry, she stalked by him and walked out into the warm heat. It was getting late and the sun was just beginning to set as Drew exited the PokeCenter behind her. Ignoring him, May took a step forward but a cold hand pulled her back. The touch was familiar and it reminded her of when Drew had helped her resurface at the beach. He had that same cool touch as before and May spun to look at him.

“My, don’t you look charming.” He teased. May puffed and yanked her arm away.

“What do you want Drew?” she asked annoyed. Obviously pleased by the blue rose in her hair, Drew smiled a breath-catching-smile and May felt her heart skip a beat.

“I only wanted to ask if you would care to join me for dinner.” He requested innocently. May was dumbstruck. Had Drew just asked her on a…date?

“Um…sure.” May replied. Had she just accepted? It wasn’t possible that she liked Drew. She had just accepted to be polite…right?

“Wonderful. Shall we go then?” he asked motioning forward.

“Go where?” May inquired curiously. Drew smiled knowingly and tossed a pokeball into the air.

“Let us enlighten our young coordinator shall we Flygon?” he asked. Flygon came out of its pokeball in a shower of sparkles from its downward shot Dragonbreath, and landed lightly in front of the two coordinators. Drew offered May his hand but she was frozen in place. “I thought you weren’t scared of Flygon.” Drew teased. May tried not to shake but couldn’t help it.

“I-I’m…n-not.” she stuttered. Drew laughed good naturedly. May frowned thinking he was laughing at her but before she could comment, Drew had taken a step closer.

“Take my hand.” He whispered. May hesitated. “Trust me.” He whispered again. May took a deep breath and placed her hand gently in his. He led her forward and hoisted himself onto Flygon’s back. Then, reaching down he gently lifted her and placed her behind him. “Ready Flygon.” He instructed. Flygon nodded and the lurched forward gracefully springing into the air. May yelped and grabbed onto Drew’s waist hugging him as tightly as possible. The fabric of his jacket was slippery beneath her frozen fingers and May thrust it back to grab his white shirt underneath. The fact that Drew had also changed did not help May’s ability to hold on and she squeezed even tighter. May thought she felt him twitch in a motion similar to a smirk but couldn’t be sure because fear was overcoming all her senses. Flygon soared through the air rapidly and May’s hair was blown as she pressed her cheek to Drew’s back and closed her eyes. The soft fabric was oddly comforting and May tried to calm herself by examining a mental image of Drew’s outfit. He was wearing a casual beige sports jacket with a white, stripped linen shirt underneath. He also wore a pair of kaki pants down below with his shoes all topped by his natural, now winded, green hair.

“Look up, May.” He called over the wind. She opened one eye carefully but saw only Flygon’s green back. “I said up.” Drew whispered in her ear. His index finger gently lifted her chin and May gasped at the sight below.

Whisking away below them were thousands of lights as Lilycove was a very brightly lit city at night. Trainers, coordinators, families and lone travelers looked like dots in May’s prospective as they all squiggled around below. She saw Lilycove down beneath with the sunset light drifting over it giving the city an orange-yellow glow as it basked in the late afternoon sun.

Drew signaled to Flygon with a tap on the neck and the mystic pokemon swerved. May yelped and clutched Drew’s jacket tightly, pulling him towards her with an incredible force. Spiraling up higher, Flygon chirped happily and burst through the clouds. May squeezed her eyes shut and waited for the pokemon to straighten. Once it did so, she opened her eyes to see that they were now flying in between the clouds. Large puffs floated slowly past them as the wind died down to only a low, background hum. The sunset light washed over the scene bathing it in an orange light similar to how Lilycove looked far down below. The light shone on May’s arms and swept over Flygon and Drew giving them both an orange tint.

“It’s…beautiful.” May whispered awestruck. Drew smiled in response and turned to her.

“How about a front seat?” he asked. May shook her head rapidly but Drew smirked. He reached towards her hand wrapped his hands around her waist.

“Don’t you dare!” May warned. Drew smiled and lifted her off of Flygon’s back. “Drew!” May cried in fright. He ignored her cry and positioned her to sit in front of him, between Flygon’s wings. May grabbed the pokemon’s green neck and wrapped her arms around it. Drew chuckled and pried her hands away. He gently tugged her away and May leaned back fearfully. In moments Drew had his arms around her and May snuggled back into the safety and warmth they provided. Drew chuckled again and pulled her closer letting Flygon drift lazily on its own.

“Where are we going?” May asked quietly.

“Slateport.” Dew replied.

“Slateport? Isn’t that far from Lilycove?”

“Just as far and long as a ferry ride.”

“Why?”

“You’ll see when we get there.”

May sighed and snuggled closer to Drew. She closed her eyes and smiled to herself contemplating where they were going letting the winds hum.

thannks for reading. ^^ stay tuned.

update: Reviews are really helpful! Please do so guys!

Last edited:

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Chapter 1: "May sighed..."

Not a really good start to story, but I guess I'm just picky.
well the point is to have readers wonder why... x$

and thanks May09. ^.^ I was getting really worried nobody was reading. abandonment worried. But its ok now. ^^

~DrewsBaby

:club:

L0v3 is Evol

;munchlax; Great work =D

But I do have a few things I would like to be clarified...
1. Does this mean that May is going to leave Ash in the Pokemon Center?
2. How did Jess get into the room...? And, how did she know that May and Drew were inside o_O?

And the best part imo was:
May sighed and snuggled closer to Drew. She closed her eyes and smiled to herself contemplating where they were going letting the winds hum.

Drew'sBaby

Coordinator
Thanks guys! ^.^

1. Does this mean that May is going to leave Ash in the Pokemon Center? - Ash is not in the pokecenter. He left and May went to change.2. How did Jess get into the room...? And, how did she know that May and Drew were inside o_O? - hehe, not answering this one till later chapters...

L0v3 is Evol

Opps, my mistake =.='' I read it wrong.
Thanks for the clarification and cliffhanger XP lol
Also, may I be on the PM list?