• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jake's back. :D

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
More sprites.

Some old, and some new~ <3

Chronectus_by_Nakugetsu.gif

Chronectus, the Hourglass Pokemon
Thanks to casti and toto for some revisions.

Patches_the_Drifblim_by_Nakugetsu.gif

Patches the Drifblim. Thanks to pineapplesodacat of dA for letting me borrow her concept. ;]

Haywire_the_Magnemite_by_Nakugetsu.gif

Haywire, a Magnemite corrupted by Rotom possession. No stealin'. :X

Mew__the_New_Species_Pokemon_by_Nakugetsu.gif

Mew~

Dusclops__the_Beckon_Pokemon_by_Nakugetsu.gif

Dusclops~

empoleon.gif

EMPOREON :3

nepichu.png

A notch eared pichu. I reused the ears from an old scratch of mine.

valentines.gif

Valentine the Furret. My favorite contest pokemon. :D

banette.gif

Rumor the Banette. Ryan's Banette. ;3

Yeah, I'm kinda talented and I enjoy spriting, but I'm also a college student. So no, I don't have time to work on your region or your concepts. I'm sorry. :X

So please don't ask, it'll make Jake a sad panda.

Editsu: Oh, btw, all look good against a lighter background.

Don't use these without permission, and don't expect to get it if you ask.

Last edited:

Adam_148

Spriter
Awesome sprites are awesome.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
these are fantastic! I especially love Chronectus! Dusclops top left finger looks a bit...i dunno, there's something not quite right about it...and Mews tail is kinda fuzzy, but apart from those, they are really awesome :)

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
O HAI 11/10 THEY R DELICIOUS.

Naa, you know I love them Jacob. 8D

EDIT: Not trolling. Spamming.

And I've already critted them on another site. But this was a little unnecessary, so I'll throw in some crit.

My biggest annoyance is the outlining on Mews tail. It's jagged and choppy like woah.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Oh look- wild Trolls.

I mean, Sprites.

Thanks to casti and toto for some revisions.

You do know you can really only post your own sprites- not a sprite someone fixed up for you, rite?

The shading for the hourglass spider also seems conflicting, coming from the Side/Front and Front, and a bit of an Above/Front, causing the shading to be as I said, conflicting. The legs don't match up with the body, the body highlights don't seem to match that well with the head- nor one of the hour glass's spikes.

fix plz.

The Mew is a good scratch, but it looks broken and twisted with how suddenly you have it turn. While I have seen cats really manage such a pose irl, it doesn't seem that realistic for Mew, atleast not with the pose you have it in. It seems to, to suddenly go from fat hips to thin neck with a twist and a curve and a wave to the reviewers.

The ears also seem a little to small.. but I've not looked at a Mew sprite recently.

I love the Driftblim and Magnemite edits, but the Drift's hat just seems off shading wise.

The Dusclops also seems off shading wise; it feels like there's a light source to the side, below and infront. Giving it a conflicting- like the spider, appearence and causing it to have that 'It's good but something is off about it' feel.

Has ah Gnize Dhey

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
That magnemite scratch really looks like it's gone haywaire! Not exactly like rotom possession though... Usually possessed stuff goes orange... And where'd the screw on top of its head go?!

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
You do know you can really only post your own sprites- not a sprite someone fixed up for you, rite?

I can't? Is that a new rule? :/

The shading for the hourglass spider also seems conflicting, coming from the Side/Front and Front, and a bit of an Above/Front, causing the shading to be as I said, conflicting. The legs don't match up with the body, the body highlights don't seem to match that well with the head- nor one of the hour glass's spikes.

fix plz.

Isn't that how Pokemon are most normally shaded? From above and to the side? Like, in a downward angle?

The Mew is a good scratch, but it looks broken and twisted with how suddenly you have it turn. While I have seen cats really manage such a pose irl, it doesn't seem that realistic for Mew, atleast not with the pose you have it in. It seems to, to suddenly go from fat hips to thin neck with a twist and a curve and a wave to the reviewers.

The ears also seem a little to small.. but I've not looked at a Mew sprite recently.

It's head is further in the distance from it's feet. It's moving away. This pose is kind of like, 'oh god you're gonna catch me.'

Also, Mew has virtually no neck and thick thighs.

I love the Driftblim and Magnemite edits, but the Drift's hat just seems off shading wise.

They are scratch sprites.

I'll see what I can do about the hat though. :D

The Dusclops also seems off shading wise; it feels like there's a light source to the side, below and infront. Giving it a conflicting- like the spider, appearence and causing it to have that 'It's good but something is off about it' feel.

Above and to the side, again. As for below, if you mean the light circle on it's torso, it would normally be there in the light, it's just that the head is blocking the light; thus, the light hits somewhat from the side.

That magnemite scratch really looks like it's gone haywaire! Not exactly like rotom possession though... Usually possessed stuff goes orange... And where'd the screw on top of its head go?!

Copypasta from my deviantART~

When Rotom possess Magnemite, they can only escape the Magnemite by unscrewing the top of the Pokémon. This causes an overload of power to the Magnemite's mind. Basically, the electric energy stored inside it's body releases itself and overpowers the poor Magnemite's body, increasing it's power tremendously [like, above its evolution's potential.] Sadly, the Magnemite is in a perpetual state of confusion due to the constant release of energy.

A Magnemite that's suffered from this condition can no longer evolve normally because they repel other Magnemite as opposed to attracting them for evolution. Magneton and Magnezone cannot undergo being possessed because they have multiple 'minds' Rotom cannot possess at once; thus, the two Pokémon repel it's attempts to control it with ease.

However, a corrupted Magnemite can evolve differently under certain circumstances...

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
Glad to see you here, Jake. I still don't get why Chronectus got fixed and put in the CS dex while none of my fakes have ever been nominated. >.> CS is mucho biased.
I do love the design though. It makes little sense, however... the only connection I can think of between a spider and an hourglass is the Moirae (or w/e)
As far as the issue with posting other people's sprites goes, I honestly don't think minor edits should be a problem. :/ I mean, 99% of the sprites posted here are edits off of Nintendo's, right?
Patches and Haywire have a ton of personality. I love the concepts/spriting on those.

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
Glad to see you here, Jake. I still don't get why Chronectus got fixed and put in the CS dex while none of my fakes have ever been nominated. >.> CS is mucho biased.
I do love the design though. It makes little sense, however... the only connection I can think of between a spider and an hourglass is the Moirae (or w/e)
As far as the issue with posting other people's sprites goes, I honestly don't think minor edits should be a problem. :/ I mean, 99% of the sprites posted here are edits off of Nintendo's, right?
Patches and Haywire have a ton of personality. I love the concepts/spriting on those.

Haha, thank you so much. You really brightened my day!

I think the reason why your sprites don't get nominated is because they deviate from the style too much. That's not a bad thing; I actually applaud you for your creativity and your own style. :D

You caught the Moirae reference?

It's based on both the Moirae and black widows. In the CS dex, I think female Chronectus are more common.

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
I actually like the pallet. I think you you should use a different shade of red for the eyes though. Maybe a little lighter, imo. But I'm no expert. :b

I love love love the pose. <3

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
What Yami is talking about when she goes on about there being multiple light sources is exactly that - the shading on the sprite seems to suggest that the light source is coming from more than one direction. One of them being from the Side/Front and one the Front and one from the Above/Front. The tops of the legs on the right hand side of the sprite conflict with the light on his head which conflicts with the light on his abdomen.

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Damn son, you are wicked at this sprite thing.

And sure, i'll be regarded as a "troll" or just ignored as some loser who happened to post here, but like many have said, how can you have much crit for these? Obviously Yami loves being right and always has crit for everyone, but she's touched on everything I could've seen wrong with these. (And much more.)

But i'll say stuff anyway. Mew's tail? Did someone slice through it a bunch of times with a sword that only effects outlines? And Dusclops... Nice sprite no doubt foo, but.. bad pose me thinks. A very challenging one to attempt, and I don't think that added to the quality of the end product. Just Sayin.

So a very unconclusive and useless post by me, but I want to say how good these are.
These are good.
I absolutely love every one, from the concepts to the execution of the ideas. Super job.

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
Jake is my big brother.
So lol @ me being referred to as a troll constantly. I wasn't trolling him. >___>

Alder

Come at me bro
Dude, I love what you've got here. HOwever, I haev to say, that Dusclops could use some touching up. The cloth thingies on its back? One's thick and rounder, the other's thin and straighter. Pick one and fix the other. I really love the pose though--looks liek the second frame of a really cool animation

Oh, also, its right hand seems too flat at the top, see how the other one is rounded? Maybe round out the edge of the other one a bit

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
I still don't understand all this light-source dilemma. I mean, honestly, a lot of official pokemon don't follow this explicit light source some of you are imposing and the shading makes sense to me. :X

169.png
Spr_4p_025_m.png
356.png

Notice the errors? According to this logic, 'official' pokemon aren't sprited in 'official' style.

Maybe once I get better I'll realize what I'm doing wrong~

ANYWAYS
!

empoleon.gif

Empoleon <3

Hark helped some. :DD

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
nepichu.png

valentines.gif

banette.gif

Don't use these without permission, please~

And I'll update the first post. :3

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The official sprites only use one light source though, and you can see that by looking at them. The same as your Furret and Banette. However, what both Yami and ID are saying is that yours is more like this:

There is light above the head. There is light to the side. There is light below at the front. This fives the effect of standing with several glowing people.

Therefore, you end up with wierd looking shades that look neither realistic, nor feasable unless the Pokémon are standing around a load of lamps. Other than shading, I like the sprites.

Iota