• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jake's sprites.

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
Yay I'm back.

Okay so here's my work. Just thought I'd give an update. I don't recall what you've seen and what you haven't.

THEY ARE ALL SCRATCHED SPRITES. Yes, people call them 'reposes' but I did not use any parts of official sprites to make these besides the colours I stole right off of them.

No, you cannot have permission to use.

banette.gif

charmeleon.gif

chronectus.gif

dusclops.gif

empoleon.gif

furretk.gif

gengar1.gif

hoothoot.gif

magnemite.gif

mew.gif

patches.gif

rhyperior.gif

tyranitar.gif

Last edited:

martinzelda

Right. On. Time.
Unfortunately, I can't see one of them. But I bet they were good.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Umm... I can't see any of them? do you have a host site? if not you could use *******.com so we could see your work.

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
Sorry, I put up the images incorrectly. I redid it but it took a few minutes. It's all working now.

Hahaha, houndoom's one of my favorites. I might do it soon, IDK.

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
so can i, and they are most excellent!!!

you've still got it...
amazing sense of light source, shading, composition, and origionality!
i am a big fan of your work right now. wish i could sprite like that.

the black widow is clever and way cool.
nice job, my only complaint is that gengar is flippin' me off! :D

very nice,
sprite on!!!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Is Gengar flipping me off?!?!

the empoleon looks painful in that pose, and CHarmeleon reminds me of that one Mew card with the lilypad.

jakepwnsjoo

Pokemon Shaman
LOL Yeah, sorry. Loki, my Gengar, is a naughty little guy.

Thanks Wily. :]

Empoleon looks painful? IDK, it's supposed to look like it's using metal claw.

Hahaha, yeah that card. Actually I got the idea for his pose from Pokemon Special, when Green's Charmeleon cuts Koga's Arbok in half.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Taking the hourglass on the black widow spider's back a little too literally, are we?

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Yeah I can see them now those are amazing! The Mew is adorable!

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
The main thing I notice about these is that they're way out of proportion. Dusclop's head is huge, Gengar is extremely round, Banette's jester horn is humongous, Furret is wicked skinny, Rhyperior has a huge arm, Tyranitar is quite fat, and etcetera. Your sprites are basically quite good, but I reccomend looking at the original sprite whilst drawing them so they don't get out of proportion as much.

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
The main thing I notice about these is that they're way out of proportion. Dusclop's head is huge, Gengar is extremely round, Banette's jester horn is humongous, Furret is wicked skinny, Rhyperior has a huge arm, Tyranitar is quite fat, and etcetera. Your sprites are basically quite good, but I reccomend looking at the original sprite whilst drawing them so they don't get out of proportion as much.

what kind of depthless picasso world you livin' in, bro??

Last edited:

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
Amazing. o-o These look like they could be official sprites! The only thing I can say though, is that Charmeleon's snout seems a bit too long. Other than that, your sprites are fantastic! :3 *claps*

martinzelda

Right. On. Time.
I can see them now. WOW! They are so great!!! The best ones are definitely Hoothoot and the spider. The spider actually became one of my favorite Pokemon in all four series and this Pokemon combined; it's so awsome. The only problem I can find is the shading on Rhyperior; especially his arm.

-Raiga-

So I can't critique now because he's so good?

What kind of honey-maple syrup world you livin' in, bro??

I think he is saying that you don't realize things get bigger as the come toward you, aka "depth". Almost all of the things you mentioned are done correctly, dusclops head is coming out more towards us, thus it gets bigger. Same with ryperiors arm. Gengar is really the only one I'd agree with, and only to a small extent.