• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

James geting badges in the next saga

Kdude146

What do you think of James geting badges in the next gen? Do you think he could win all 8 with the help his Pokemon, Jessie's Pokemon and Meowth? I think it is a good idea cuz Jessie dose contests and she got all five ribbons for the Sinnoh Grand Festival so yes I think that James could make it to the Pokemon League in the next saga and James has helped Jessie with her contests so she should help him win badges.

TicoPokemonMaster

James can't stand to see his pokemon get hurt so no.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Those above me are fairly obvious reasons, but also the fact that it took Jessie three tries to even get to the GF. To get there you just need 5 ribbons, which Jessie barely just made with the last contest held. Now James would need 8 badges. Sure they can make animé only badges for him, and maybe one or two game badges if they revisit a town with a gym, but that still means that he would need a whole lot of more skills and the such, or he will probably get some but not enough by the time the league roles by.

They could integrate this in the story as well: double battle gym battle anyone? Ash and Jameson (his obvious alterego) vs something like Tate and Liza? Lol, if his alterego would be Jameson, that would mean he's going to win the league, or at least beat Ash! xD

But that is random speculation. For now, we know that James is good at exploring competitions and lets not forget he has taken interest in Pokéringer. Which I like more then contest at the moment, just don't let something evolve in it everytime and I'll be fine with this either coexisting with contests or replacing it.

Shadoguardian

In a word "NO!" Putting Jessie in contests is one thing. It's basically trying to get as much attention as possible, which suits Jessie. Also in almost all of Jessies matches against strong coordinaters, she wins mainly because she has more points (except for the ones we didn't see, I can't include those), not through K.O. Team Rocket are just plain not strong. If James enters battles, he'll need some actually powerful Pokemon, and a good fair battle strategy, neither of which fits their bill. It also suggests that James is as good a trainer as Ash if he also gets badges.

Silver_Seoul

While it is a nice idea, it's unlikely of ever happening. As someone else mentioned, James doesn't like his Pokémon getting hurt, and even if that wasn't an issue he doesn't exactly have the strongest 'Mons or strategies around... =P

But it would be great to have a second main character gathering badges. Not as in Rival Form, like actual recurring/main cast character. While another main cast badge collector would be unlikely, it could technically work out.

Sayho1234

I don't see why not? James is the better battler of Team Rocket. He'd just need more powerful pokemon on his team is all.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, it is interesting idea. He is definitely can collect badges if he will be interested in the league, as Jessie was interested in the festival. With his pokemon he can't win 8 badges, but with Jessie's help/another new pokemon he might success.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
James, collecting badges? That's a bad idea. I mean, he had almost no competitive bone in his body and he only entered that one Contest for Jessie because he knew she'd be miserable without having entered and possibly winning another ribbon. He isn't a great battler, which is why he loses to Ash and friends in almost every other episode. He hates having his small Pokemon getting hurt and most of his Pokemon are small like Chimecho and Mime Jr. I don't think his other Pokemon are ready for the challenge and even if he borrowed Jessie's it wouldn't make for fun TV. Stick with Jessie entering Contests, I say.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
I'd love for James to have a more important role - I think allowing Jessie to do contests was a great idea, so there's no reason why James shouldn't be allowed similar treatment. Having said that, I'm not sure whether participating in the league is right for James. I'd say that a new 5th gen competition form should be used.

Slightly off topic, but even if they're not in the games, I think contests should stay in the anime. I don't think it'd work if James had something to compete in and not Jessie (she's clearly the dominant one).

James can't even beat Ash, what makes you think he can beat a gym leader?

Aladar

Dark lord of Sith
It's more likely James to show interest in Pokeathlones. He has shown himself capable of sporty stuff in the Pokeringers before. Besdies, he's not gym challenger material.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
Well, I don't think that it is a good idea.
Anyway, I really want to see James as a BREEDER in the next series :D

James is a bit from everything. he won: A)A contest
B)A Pokémon Orienteering
C) second place in Hoenn PokéRinger

its kind of funny to see him beat Dawn/Ash and everyone else on his first try :)
I honestly don't want him to focus on one thing only.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I don't think that's a great idea and it will never happen. Ash's Gym battles are at least 1-3 episodes long so tacking on 1-3 more episodes for James to win a Gym battle is too much and too repetitive. The reason Jessie is able to compete in contest is because more than 1 person can enter at a time where in a Gym it's just a 1 on 1 match, the Trainer vs. the Gym Leader. This also why whoever accompanies Ash in the 5th Gen can't also collect badges.

BlueVapor

Umm, gyms just don't seem to be for James. But, I'd love to see him do something in the next saga, as Jessie's been doing contests since Hoenn.