• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

JammyU's Pokedex One-Shot/s

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Hey, for those of you who haven't read Ysavvryl's Pokedex One-Shots, go and read them now! But basically the story behind this... story is that Ysavvryl came up with the idea of doing one-shots based on pokemon's pokedex entries. She's said that she doesn't mind other people doing the same idea so I've done one of my own, and I may do more later. (Although I should really be focusing on my chapter-fic.)

Anyway, normally Ysavvryl posts the entry before the story, but I think it would be better if you didn't know which pokemon it was to begin with, so I'll spoiler it. Here it is:

Rgigigas Diamond Entry: "There is a long-held belief that this pokemon towed continents with ropes."

It was dark; dark and cold. A dark so complete that it could only exist in the very bowels of the earth. A cold so numbing it could only exist in the far, far north. All was silent save the soft dripping of the icicles in the distant corners of the vast cavern.

In the centre of the cavern was a gigantic statue, or so all the local wise-ones who were the only people allowed to visit the cavern believed.

Beneath the hard crust of stone that had formed like a stalagmite a colossal pokemon slept. It was a deep, unnatural sleep; one that could only have been induced by force. So quiet and un-moving was the pokemon’s body that moss and cave-lichen had grown on his back and feet. But the pokemon was not entirely unconscious. In the back of his mind his subconscious relived the days when the pokemon had lived beyond this freezing cave.

Ttthhhwwwhack!!!

The commanding Tangrowth cracked his whip-like arms, encouraging the hundreds of grass-types that worked before him to work even harder.

The days the great pokemon remembered were hard, hard for all pokemon; but they were better than the time he spent locked in this immortal slumber.

The grass pokemon were weaving; their hundreds of vines flowing out of there bodies and knotting and flowing together to form huge, thick ropes.

Below the sea-cliff on which the grass-types worked, there was a boulder strewn beach. Upon it were hundreds of bug-types, including many Ariados and Spinarak, overseen by the Yanmega that flew among them. They were using their webs to bind the many vines together and attach them to It.

“It,” that was what they had called him back then. Back then he did not have a name. He had had one at some point, he remembered, but it was lost in time, to himself and to the wise-ones.

Back then he was just a tool, a creation of the Great One to serve one specific purpose. The Great One had told him his purpose when he had first been born amongst interstellar clouds of the Other Place, moulded by the Great Ones thousand hands. The Great One had told him the story of the world he would be sent to:

“The pokemon in the world I created are warring, warring over land and food. So I have decided to separate the great land-mass that the Earthmaker built for me so long ago, so that each group of pokemon can have their own land to live and find food on.

But for that I needed someone to pull, to pull the land with such power that it will tear and split. Then, you, the Puller,”
another name he had been given sometimes, “will haul the continents across the sea to their new home.”

And with that, the Great One had sent him into the world. The Great One told the ancient pokemon his plan, and instructed them to oversee it; and then he returned to the Other Place.

And so, the ancient pokemon carried out the plan.

The ropes; they were strapped tight across his chest and around his waist and they were anchored in the great sea-cliffs on the coast. When the ropes were fitted and checked, It, the Puller, set off across the sea-bed. The Great One had made him so strong, and yet the work was still hard. But It new nothing else but pulling, it was his life, his only purpose, and he carried it out without complaint.

Eventually, the Puller’s work was done. The land had been split into six great segments, with many smaller sections that had flaked off along the way. There was nothing left to pull.

But pulling was It’s life, he was the Puller. Without anything to pull he had no life, no purpose. It did not understand. When they loosened his ropes and said he was free he didn’t know what to do. He new only puling and without that constant strain, his power was unbound he was “free” they had said, so he did as he pleased. He rampaged over all the segments of land and the pokemon could do nothing to stop him, his power was too great, he laughed at their efforts to restrain him.

Finally, the Great One himself intervened, he tried to put a restricting curse on him, but it would never last long enough. Eventually, the Great One was forced to take drastic action, he took all but the smallest life-force out of It and moulded the life-force into three new beings, one of ice, one of stone, and one of steel. The Great One sealed the near-empty husk of the Puller in a cavern in the far north and scattered the three others across a whole different continent. For these three beings were like keys, when they were brought together in front of the husk of the Puller, his life-force would be restored and he would be free to wreak havoc once more.

And It, the Puller, was still there in his cavern where the Great One had left him. But he would not be for long, he could sense it. The Keys were coming.
***​

All comments and constructive crticism is greatly appreciated.

I notice that this thread has thirty views and no comments, come on people, if you read it say what you think!

Last edited:

SporeGames

Good but apparently the three Regis were purely artificial constructs by humans during the time of The First Clash of the Titans, thus it would be more accurate to place something connecting to that in there but until then I will use this as the first chapter in The Book of Animasop.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
^The exercise is based only off the Pokedex entry; anything not listed there is technically an outside influence. Therefore, this is, in its own way, accurate. Besides, myths are often a lot of fabrication around a bit of truth, so it's possible this is a different perspective on the 'official' myth.

I still like it! Reminds me of Atlas.