• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jan 12th: SM10 - Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herdheaven

And yet we had Pikachu as the fall guy in Ash's first gym battle in Unova. Against a Panpour no less. A Panpour that knew Earthquake, mind you, so don't dismiss the possibility of Crabrawler knowing a SE move for Rowlet. And unlike Rowlet, Pikachu had a ton of battle experience.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.
It's even worse, Panpour knew Mud Sport not Earthquake

Janovy

Banned
Why does it always feel like you people underestimate gym leader's Pokemon? They are Pokemon specially trained to go against their super effective opponents.

Ofc a Panpour can defeat Pikachu when a proper strategy is used.

ShadowForce720

Why does it always feel like you people underestimate gym leader's Pokemon? They are Pokemon specially trained to go against their super effective opponents.

Ofc a Panpour can defeat Pikachu when a proper strategy is used.

And? that doesn't prove that those same super effective opponent can't beat them sometimes, just because they specifically train there pokemon to go up against their super effective opponents does not mean that they can't lose to them. So just because Crabrawler trains to be able to beat Flying type pokemon and other pokemon that are super effective against does not automatically mean that it would be Rowlet, as it could go either way.

snorlax512

And? that doesn't prove that those same super effective opponent can't beat them sometimes, just because they specifically train there pokemon to go up against their super effective opponents does not mean that they can't lose to them. So just because Crabrawler trains to be able to beat Flying type pokemon and other pokemon that are super effective against does not automatically mean that it would be Rowlet, as it could go either way.
yea but rowlet has zero experience/training

ShadowForce720

yea but rowlet has zero experience/training

It doesn't have zero experience, as it battled a Oricorio and did well against it, and also you do realize off screen training isn't a new thing for the pokemon anime. Plus the same could be said about Ash's Tepig and Oshawott when they face Pansear and Pansage repectively and that didn't stop them from beating there respective opponents and also the same could be said about Ash's Turtwig and Fletchling which that didn't stop Turtwig from beating Cranidos and Fletchling from beating Surskit.

So I don't know why your using this whole Rowlet is to inexperience arugment when some of Ash's other pokemon that had just as much or less experience as Rowlet were still able to get wins. Plus like I said Rowlet got to have some experience by battling a Oricoro and while it did lost it did relatively well for it's first official trainer battle which is actually more then what some of the other pokemon got before they headed into a major battle.

Sure it's possible that Rowlet could lose but it's too early too just say that it can't win against one of Hala's pokemon, as going by that logic then Tepig, Fletchling, Turtwig, and Oshawott should have lost without getting any wins in their respective matches as they had little to zero experience/training as well.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's even worse, Panpour knew Mud Sport not Earthquake
My bad xD. Don't know why I thought Earthquake. Point still stands thougo. If a trained Panpour can defeat a trained Pikachu, a trained Crabrawler can defeat a seemingly untrained Rowlet.
And? that doesn't prove that those same super effective opponent can't beat them sometimes, just because they specifically train there pokemon to go up against their super effective opponents does not mean that they can't lose to them. So just because Crabrawler trains to be able to beat Flying type pokemon and other pokemon that are super effective against does not automatically mean that it would be Rowlet, as it could go either way
No one's saying Rowlet can't beat Crabrawler, jet that it would be strange to see a seemingly untrained Rowlet win against a Crabrawler that may very well be trained to beat any Flying types. That's all.

EDIT: And Tepig wasn't untrained. It had a trainer before Ash caught it.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

My bad xD. Don't know why I thought Earthquake. Point still stands thougo. If a trained Panpour can defeat a trained Pikachug, a trained Crabrawler can defeat a seemingly untrained Rowlet.

No one's saying Rowlet can't beat Crabrawler, jet that it would be strange to see a seemingly untrained Rowlet win against a Crabrawler that may very well be trained to beat any Flying types. That's all EDIT: And Tepig wasn't untrained. It had a trainer before Ash caught it.

Except people don't seem to think it's strange for a untrained Turtwig to beat a Cranidos, a untrained Oshawott to beat a Pansage, a untrained Tepig to beat a Pansear and a untrained Fletchling to beat a Surskit and yet when we get to Rowlet some people suddenly find it strange that it might beat a Crabrawler when people didn't complain about the other pokemon that were in similar situations.

while you can make the case for Tepig, you can't make the case for some of the other pokemon, like say Oshawott for example who despite having no experience was able to beat a pokemon that it had a type disadvantage to. I mean if an Oshawott with no experience/training was able to beat a Pansage a pokemon it had a type disadvantage against isn't strange then I certainly don't see how a Rowlet beating a Crabrawler would be strange.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yeah... He definitely has more problems with newer pokemon.. like dat Onix in GenIV.. >.>

Ash was more concerned about showing Paul up that he wasn't focusing on Roark (Something Roark commented on in the following episode) combined with Pikachu being worn out by Cranidos it's understandable why it lost.

I'm not saying he can't lose this, but if he wins it's understandable since he's dealt with Hariyama before.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This is SM's first test to see if they can handle real battles well. I hope there's enough interest in it because, as of right now, Rowlet is a bit unexperienced, Hariyama is strong for a Pokemon ten episodes in, and Z-moves have the potential to be OHKO nukes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But from this synopsis, I'm just excited to see the battle and clash of Z-Moves. Ash will probably lose, but whatever, the battle will probably be awesome anyway.

Yea I also get the feeling that Ash might lose to Hala here cuz if both are relying on Z-Moves, I figure that Hala and Hariyama have an edge over Ash and Pikachu since their experience with Z-Moves is likely much more extensive while Ash and Pikachu are still pretty new at utilizing Z-Moves themselves.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash isn't gonna win this battle. He isn't ready yet nor have we seen much on screen training. The battle will be amazing to see~

The lack of on-screen training hasn't stopped him from winning before, though. That said, I wouldn't mind too much watching him lose to Hala here. I just want a good match. :/

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd like to see Rowlet get some time to shine here before it'll probably lose.

Pikachu deserves all the spotlight for this one. Rowlet can have Mallow's or Lana's trial.

PAndrews

Pikachu deserves all the spotlight for this one. Rowlet can have Mallow's or Lana's trial.

Pikachu has already had 3 lifetimes worth of spotlight and doesn't deserve any (not that that stops the writers). Having the little rat get pummeled here (possibly after a failed z move) and forcing Rowlett to finish off would be much better.

Pikachu was just given half the League, it can take a backseat in favor of the Aloha mons until at least 2018

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If Pikachu is going to take a backseat for the entire series, Ash might as well Oak the rat for good. No point in having it around if it isn't going to do anything of significance.

Of course Pikachu deserves the spotlight here because his only other Pokemon is a relatively inexperienced Rowlet and there will be plenty of time for it and any other Pokemon he catches to shine.

Besides, Pikachu has put in work in the first gym battle of every series except BW (and that fight was BS). I don't expect things to change here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.