• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jan 26th: SM12 - The Extracurricular Lesson is on Hidoide?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Seeing the fangs on Mareanie, I'm actually surprised to see that these two don't have access to Poison Fang, Crunch or the elemental Fangs.. Sure, nobody in their right minds would use them.. but maybe if Mareanie had Strong Jaw instead of Limber?

To be honest I'd rather have Merciless or Regenerator over Strong Jaw :)

Merciless might be interesting to see in the anime. Might influence it's personality.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Getting a strong feeling that Litten won't be captured anytime soon. Ash is bonding deeply with Rowlet, so it will get the focus for quite some episodes, it seems like that.
I doubt that. Rowlet adored Ash from the very beginning. Surely they shouldn't need that much time to bond? And I don't see that getting in the way of his capturing Litten.

Otherwise, I'm happy that that screenshot pretty much solidified James catching Mareanie. And I'm happy that the whole thing with Mareanie hunting Corsola is actually being showcased in the anime, as I figured that would be a little too gruesome for the anime. Hopefully James bonds with Mareanie just like some of his older Pokemon. Would be cute to see.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Any ideas for Mareanie movepool?

Jame's Mareanie:
Poison Sting
Pin Missile OR Spike Cannon
Bite
Liquidation/Recover

I honestly don't think it'll get four moves but if it does, I think it'll have those. I don't really think it'll get a 4th move, but if it does I am thinking either Liquidation as it's only water move or Recover. I'm thinking poison sting, pin missile/spike cannon will be the spam move for it that they use. Bite is an easy move and they seem to have simple moves on their pokemon like tackle.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hopefully he'll evolve it and it learns Baneful Bunker and punish Ash for his reckless head on approach >:)
Assuming he catches it

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Since it's a TR Pokemon, I don't think it'll have any more than 2 or 3 moves tbh. I would guess Pin Missle/Spike Cannon, Poison Jab, and Bite or something like that.

I also really hope it evolves into Toxapex especially if they bring back the hugging gag. It would be hilarious to watch that thing hugging James and it would be satisfying seeing James be the one with the evolved Pokemon instead of Jessie.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I doubt that. Rowlet adored Ash from the very beginning. Surely they shouldn't need that much time to bond? And I don't see that getting in the way of his capturing Litten.
Untill something like Ash-Decidueye happens. Greninja got along with Ash brilliantly, but still got a lot of focus especially on its bond with Ash due Ash-Greninja transformation, i.e., bond phenomenon. If something dynamic like that happens between Ash and Rowlet, it can take a lot time. I'm saying all this because the summary implies that Ash and Rowlet are deeply bonding with each other.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Untill something like Ash-Deciduiye happens. Greninja got along with Ash brilliantly, but still got a lot of focus especially on its bond with Ash due Ash-Greninja transformation, i.e., bond phenomenon. If something dynamic like that happens between Ash and Rowlet, it can take a lot time. I'm saying all this because the summary implies that Ash and Rowlet are deeply bonding with each other.

hopefully the season stops with Ash getting his special z ring and no more Ash specific stuff :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Untill something like Ash-Deciduiye happens.

Oh sweet Arceus, the last thing we need is another Bond Phenomenon or something similar. -_- No, Ash and Rowlet can bond and work on mastering Z-moves without Decidueye turning out to have mutant powers.

hopefully the season stops with Ash getting his special z ring and no more Ash specific stuff :p

Hopefully, we'll get an explanation as to why Tapu Koko has taken such an interest in Ash. I've come to accept that Ash is basically the Chosen One and is thus a magnet for all special things, but explanations are nice. :p Why did Tapu Koko take interest in this random kid from Kanto, rather than take interest in one of the native Alolans?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Why did Tapu Koko take interest in this random kid from Kanto, rather than take interest in one of the native Alolans?
Same reason Tapu Koko took an interest into a kid who just moved from Kanto in the games. :p

It has a mission for him, probably. At least that's what Hala thinks.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Same reason Tapu Koko took an interest into a kid who just moved from Kanto in the games. :p

It has a mission for him, probably. At least that's what Hala thinks.

lol but that seems like the exact same thing for why Ash-Greninja appeared, because he was needed in Kalos, or a special mission type deal!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oh, if James catches Mareanie, please let him use a Luxury Ball. Please don't let Jessie steal the only one he had :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yay, pretty much confirmed he is getting one. I hope he gets to evolve it later down the road, he needs an evolution episode already given his last was with Weezing.
I'm excited, James is my favorite character and Mareanie is one of my favorite Alola Pokemon. I'd still rather he be the one owning Mimikyu, but I suppose he can always end up with something Jessie wants later and they trade.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
>Ash-Decidueye

>Ash becomes a ghost

Sweet, finally an end to this series.

Conflicted, don't know whether to defend SM since I'm enjoying it or laugh at the savageness.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Omode writing an episode that isn't Lillie-focused?

Then again, if all of the gang is playing a part in this episode, then Lillie will too.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I can't help but find it weird if James does end up catching Mareanie. He does deserve a pokémon at this point but, based on the pokémon he & Jessie caught in previous generations, I honestly expected them to have each other's pokémon instead (Jessie catching Mareanie, James catching Mimikyu)

Hee hee, I know exactly what you mean cuz I think that Mareanie would suit Jessie more than Mimikyu does. Well assuming that this episode isn't a tease and James actually catches Mareanie here, I guess a trade could always happen later. ^^;

Mr. Guy

Banned
So will James catch a second Pokemon (i.e. Bewear) later, or will Bewear just continue to be a random wild Pokemon that follows them around?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Maybe this time, TR won't disturb Ash and co. Maybe this is the episode where Bewear protects them from a Pokémon as they try to blast off.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I like how James is using a Corsola disguise to lure out a Mareanie, though knowing TR's schemes, it'll backfire badly.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So will James catch a second Pokemon (i.e. Bewear) later, or will Bewear just continue to be a random wild Pokemon that follows them around?

I think it's safe to say he'll get Bewear later. Bewear can't just keep dragging the TRio back across the ocean each time they cause trouble on the other islands. And as fun as the Bewear thing is, it will get tiring if they keep doing it every episode with Team Rocket and the TRio themselves will try to stop it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.