• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jan 5th: SM9 - The Totem Pokémon is Dekagoos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

I don't think Ash will actually battle the Totem Pokémon Gumshoos. This might just be an introduction to the trials. I believe this episode's intent is to introduce the concept of trials, captains, and totem Pokémon, and to introduce Ash to the Kahuna. We might not see Ilima, at least not in person, not in this episode. But he might get mentioned to Ash to go look for someone named Ilima.

phanpycross

God-king
It's hard to say; I think there's Kanto set-up in Sun&Moon, and then maybe the 2nd versio of Sun&Moon wont be cancelled like Z likely did.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
anyways I'm excited to see Pokemon Trump Gumshoos in this episode xD

I hope this episode goes into detail about the island challenge and hopefully they're not gyms under a different name or this will be disappointing.

andrewscott48209

So you mean if Cynthia appeared she would have to take the test to prove she is qualified to be a trainer?Next thing they are gonna tell us he is not ready to be commanding pikachu in battle.Imao i know that i am just pointing out the irony of this situation.

Excactly he has no indication of ash's past achievements or whatever else he did yet he is so quick to judge he is not responsible enough to use them.Besides its quite ironic that he thinks he is not ready when the legendary guardian himself gifted ash with a z ring.Again i was just pointing out like Maldread the irony of the situation.

I doubt Cynthia would have to. She has the title of Champion. And she might just be visiting the region. Ash is attempting to take on the trial. And it's true that Ash never mentioned his achievements. Also, Kiawe only said he would have to take on the trials, not to prove that he is a trainer, but to be able to use the Z Moves.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Nice to see they decided to world build before heading into this, but thankfully this puts to rest the idea that Ash will only partake in School antics, even if the second episode should have ended those doubts... Totem Pokemon, how will they work : )

Janovy

Banned
It's hard to say; I think there's Kanto set-up in Sun&Moon, and then maybe the 2nd versio of Sun&Moon wont be cancelled like Z likely did.
Not so sure about Kanto, because according to rumors (from a legit source), a new Pokemon title codenamed "Pokemon Stars" is being developed for Switch. It would apparently be the traditional third version game...

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I hope Ilima appears as the first Trial Captain. He amuses me so much in the game, and I can only imagine how entertaining he could be in the anime especially if they get someone like Mamoru Miyano to voice him.

Will Ash finally age, or will he be the chosen one and compete at ten?!

Actually, I'm wondering of the anime will even adapt the minimum age requirement of 11, because it doesn't need to. Unlike the games, where even a preschooler can be a Trainer, the anime world already has one major stipulation: one has to be 10 years old to become a Trainer. So, there is no need for the Trials to have a minimum age requirement, especially since it's already so close to the worldwide Trainer minimum age requirement.

Wonder which Pokemon he will use to fight Dekagoos? He should have three by the time of this episode

Unless Kukui gives Ash Rockruff as a "good luck" present of sorts before he challenges the first Trial. Then Ash would have four Pokémon. :)

You guys think Ash will lose the first time? He hasn't fought multiple opponents in a official battle with just one pokemon before

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash lost. He could lose because he is caught off-guard by the ally Pokémon and has trouble coming up with an effective counter strategy on the fly. Also, if he doesn't use Pikachu, then he would be using Pokémon who are likely inexperienced in battle.

345ash-greninja said:
It will probably be much quicker than XY. By the way, every season has lesser episodes than the previous ones.

How long a series is depends on when new Pokémon games are released, so whether SM is longer or shorter than XY(&Z) is not exactly entirely under the anime staff's control.

PAndrews

Wow, is Ash really entering for a "get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers" reward

There are two things wrong with this plot.
1. Ash has 6 regions under his belt, beaten legendary Pokemon and now come in second at a League. How is that not "fully qualified" O_O
2. Seems weird that Ash can even enter such a thing to begin with. That would be like a F1 racer going for his learners permit after just coming in second at a Grand Prix.

I'd actually prefer Ash getting refused entry with a clear reference to past achievements.
Though I wouldn't put it past the writers that he not only enters, but fails and then after foiling TR who interupt the whole ceremony he gets acknowledged after all.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So finally something worth to be excited. The first five episodes were all ok, but they lacked of actual plot/character progression so much.

I expect (or rather want) a quick pacing. Like all trials + kahunas in 70-80 episodes, since Ash is the focus here obviously and besides him only Lillie being actual "protagonists". Since she doesn't battle and her being a big part of the (ingame) plot, I don't expect a goal for her here.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Wow, is Ash really entering for a "get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers" reward

There are two things wrong with this plot.
1. Ash has 6 regions under his belt, beaten legendary Pokemon and now come in second at a League. How is that not "fully qualified" O_O
2. Seems weird that Ash can even enter such a thing to begin with. That would be like a F1 racer going for his learners permit after just coming in second at a Grand Prix.

I'd actually prefer Ash getting refused entry with a clear reference to past achievements.
Though I wouldn't put it past the writers that he not only enters, but fails and then after foiling TR who interupt the whole ceremony he gets acknowledged after all.

Ash said himself that he wants to participate in the Island Challenge in order to earn Z-Crystals and learn more Z-Moves. Ash strikes me as the type who would go along with local tradition, regardless of whether or not he actually needs to prove himself as a Trainer. If participating in the Island Challenge is how Alolans earn their Z-Crystals, then Ash will probably decide to do as the Alolans do when in Alola.

Apparently, inhabitants of various regions don't keep up with the news of other regions, or else the folks of Alola would have recognized Ash from the six regional Pokémon Leagues he has been in, and would have recognized him as the runner up in the Kalos League. It would be nice if Ash mentioned his previous achievements to Hala or Professor Kukui, but I still think he would decide to go about this the Alolan way, regardless.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So finally something worth to be excited. The first five episodes were all ok, but they lacked of actual plot/character progression so much.

I expect (or rather want) a quick pacing. Like all trials + kahunas in 70-80 episodes, since Ash is the focus here obviously and besides him only Lillie being actual "protagonists". Since she doesn't battle and her being a big part of the (ingame) plot, I don't expect a goal for her here.

I doubt that the series will be over in 70-80 episodes. That's too short. It will be at least 115-125 episodes(much shorter than XY I believe).

Whatever, but it's time for Ash to have some serious battling action!

Hala exists so Hau cofirmed?

Yeah I wonder if we'll see Hau too at this point or maybe later? Anyway, interesting to see the Trials starting. I didn't think it'd be this soon. But I can't wait to see it and see how this whole trial thing works out while 4 of the captains are Ash's classmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.