• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jan 5th: SM9 - The Totem Pokémon is Dekagoos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Jan 5th: SM9 - The Totem Pokémon is Dekagoos!

The "Island Pilgrimage" is an event for children held in the Alola region that makes them get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers, and Satoshi wants to attempt to complete this event himself too. For this reason, he meets with old man Hala, one of the "Island Kings" that give the challengers their trials.

------

Ratta and Koratta are laying waste to the island's fields. In response, Satoshi goes to meet with Island King Hala, an influential man on the island, as well as a key person in the "Island Pilgrimage" he is challenging. Satoshi immediately tells Hala he will be attempting the Island Pilgrimage, but Hala tells him he needs to be tested to make sure he is qualified for the pilgrimage first.

------

Ratta and Koratta are laying waste to the island's fields. As this is going on, Satoshi meets with the Island King, a key person in the Island Pilgrimage, with renewed resolve, and decides to attempt the Island Pilgrimage.

-----

Ratta and Koratta are laying waste to the island's fields. As this is going on, Satoshi meets with Hala, an Island King; a key person in the Island Pilgrimage. There, he learns he is going to be tested to make sure he is qualified to attempt it.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

Remix2

Omg a actual plot is happening sure it only took them almost ten episode to get thier but atleast something is happening.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It's happening guys. Trial challenge is about to start ! :D

J D Sheppard

Sounds interesting. I wonder what the trial will entail. Will he fight the totem pokemon like in the games or will it be something else?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The "Island Pilgrimage" is an event for children held in the Alola region that makes them get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers, and Satoshi wants to attempt to complete this event himself too. For this reason, he meets with old man Hala, one of the "Island Kings" that give the challengers their trials.

Sweet mother of Tapu Koko, we're getting Hala! *cheers* I really like him in the games (so far), so I'm looking forward to seeing him animated. Perhaps his grandson Hau might make an appearance, as well? Am I allowed to keep my fingers crossed and hope for that?

So, it appears Ash is going to start the Island Challenge sooner than I (and probably a lot of other folks here) thought. That's very welcome news. I really want to see how the anime adapts the Trials.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Will Ash finally age, or will he be the chosen one and compete at ten?!

Red and Blue

Wonder which Pokemon he will use to fight Dekagoos? He should have three by the time of this episode

J D Sheppard

Wonder which Pokemon he will use to fight Dekagoos? He should have three by the time of this episode

I'm conflicted.

One one hand I wanna see what Litten and rowlett can do.
But it would be nice if he starts things off with his first pokemon, pikachu.

That's if he battles it

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I am interested to see if they make the Totem pokemon bigger than other Gumshoos and have some around for comparison. I hope the totem gets a pseudo beast-boost. I can see Ash using 2 pokemon for the trial. Pikachu and Rowlet/Litten, since the Totem might call a helper pokemon, which with anime logic would be a double battle.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I am interested to see if they make the Totem pokemon bigger than other Gumshoos and have some around for comparison. I hope the totem gets a pseudo beast-boost. I can see Ash using 2 pokemon for the trial. Pikachu and Rowlet/Litten, since the Totem might call a helper pokemon, which with anime logic would be a double battle.

I'd rather it be as it is in the games, considering Ash berated Team Skull for ganging up on Kiawe.

Red and Blue

You guys think Ash will lose the first time? He hasn't fought multiple opponents in a official battle with just one pokemon before

Domok

Does Illima just not exist in the anime? It seems weird it says Hala gives him the trial and not him.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
You guys think Ash will lose the first time? He hasn't fought multiple opponents in a official battle with just one pokemon before

He might...depends how well he can adapt to 2vs1 battles (although maybe TR fights have trained him for this exact purpose)

Janovy

Banned
I'm surprised the Island Challenge is beginning this early. I guess my theory of Ash needing to graduate was false after all. :/

Either way, I'm excited.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Too bad Ash couldn't just whip out his 52 badges, 7 Frontier symbols, league placement certificates, and Orange Cup trophy. Pretty sure that would get him acknowledged as "fully qualified."
kek

Anyway, yeah, I'm surprised they're starting trials so soon. Some part of me hopes he loses, though.

Mike999246

I wonder if they'll do Totem Raticate....
I doubt it but it does exist in moon

Also if or when he wins, will he get the Normalium Z? I can't wait to see how they handle this

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Will Ash compete this early in Island Challenge? The summary just says he wants to participate. I doubt that he is participating this early while continuing School.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It is kinda strange seeing Hala initiate the trial and not Ilima.

But you've got 3 of the captains in school, so I'm already questioning where this is going lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.