• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 12th: PM2019 008: Don't Give In, Pochama! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I wonder what the justification for Ash and Go being involved with this even is...

"Ok Professor, what research do you need us to do next? Something involving a legendary pokemon? Want us to look into that whole dynamax system more?"

"No lol there's a Piplup and Croagunk racing, get your asses over there ASAP."

Revolver Furious Dragon

Same, but I do find it slightly odd that out of all of the episodes, episode 7's title wasn't revealed and this episode takes place right after that one.
But I'm going with that being just a coincidence.

That's easily explained though. Episode 7s title probably mentions something about the new games that hasnt been revealed yet

Konja7

That's easily explained though. Episode 7s title probably mentions something about the new games that hasnt been revealed yet

It could be related to Galar Pokemon.

Episode 4 wasn't announced by twitter either (the source of the information for this Episode is the summary of upcoming episodes). So far, Episode 4 seems to be the only with focus on Galar Pokemon.

Although it is also possible there are other non-Galar things they want to hide in Episode 7.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So if these aren't Dawn's and Brock's Pokemon then im dropping the anime since I don't want to waste my time.

game3524

Bringing back old companions was never going to be a thing IMO. If they were coming back, they would have told us before hand and made it a big part of their marketing towards the new anime.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Were not gonna see our Piplup or Crogaunk but here's two stand ins that are..kinda similar

Were not gonna see our Greninja but here's another one that more or less acts the same

Same with Axew if they go to Unova, or Blaziken or Braixen or Chespin

It's a bad idea and I hate it but it's completely expected for the anime to pull stuff like this

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Dawn Dawn Dawn. In her winter outfit please

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I’m sure that these aren’t Hikari/Takeshi’s, they were two marketable Pokemon during the Sinnoh era so they’ll reuse them for the novelty of that. Maybe we get a slight mention of the ones Satoshi used to travel with. But nah I don’t think old traveling companions are going to appear in one episode then screw off the next with little promotion or fanfare early on. Especially since Gou is still getting established along with PM.

Rohanator

So I guess there won't be any regional "arcs", it's all just random. Basically Sun&Moon with a full world scale, instead of islands one episode they're on Sinnoh, then Hoenn, then Johto, then Sinnoh again, etc etc.

Well, there could still be arcs of course but primarily it seems to be the above. Greatly reduces the chances of returning companions imo, alas.

dman_dustin

If it's true that Ash and Go are going to be the only main companions then this better be Dawn and Brock (LOL), because its going to be annoying to just have Ash and Go throughout the entire series if there isn't a lot of interesting characters that show up in the episodes that follow.

Not sure why Koharu even exists if Ash and Go were the only companions, I don't think her inclusion (of knowing she'll exist) prior to the start of the anime was THAT important if she's likely to barely appear. Sakaragi at least made sense.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Well, there could still be arcs of course but primarily it seems to be the above. Greatly reduces the chances of returning companions imo, alas.

Or possibly it increases them. It's got to be easier to get them back for a single episode then for an arc. Both in terms of writing them in & getting the voice actors back

Rohanator

Is it even possible to revisit Alola while avoiding the school, Kukui, etc? The return to Alola visit is going to piss people off especially after the big farewell.
Think about it this way: Imagine any random Sun&Moon episode where the group goes to some Alola location to do one thing and then leaves, such as snow skiing in Lanakila Mountain. That can just be an episode of this new series. It doesn't have to be an "Ash gets emotional about returning to Alola" episode, but simply "Ash and Go visit Alola to try malasadas" episode. It's more about the Pokemon and activities you can find in each region rather than the people that are there.

Or possibly it increases them. It's got to be easier to get them back for a single episode then for an arc. Both in terms of writing them in & getting the voice actors back
I guess, but then that's just gonna be one random episode in the mix of them constantly going in and out of the region. The best solution would probably to at some point have an arc in each region and THEN bring the guest character back. It just won't be "hey lemme introduce this region and the people I know here" since Go's already been there before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.