• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 12th: PM2019 008: Don't Give In, Pochama! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

A twitter account seems to find poster with summary of the episode (and translate it to English):

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1198543405858447360

"Go for it, Piplup! Drift Ice Racing in the Sinnoh Region!!"

Ash and Gou meets haggard looing Piplup at the Vermilion harbor. Looks like it comes from the Sinnoh region and lost a way. They decide to take Piplup to the Sinnoh.

Airing on Jan 12
Piplups from Sinnoh to Kanto and back? Jeez is vety starter going to be like that?

ShadowForce720

Piplups from Sinnoh to Kanto and back? Jeez is vety starter going to be like that?

So from the sounds of that summary it sounds likely that this a Wild Piplup instead of being a Piplup that actually belongs to someone. So that means this could either go one of two ways and that is either it's just going to be a pokemon that Ash and Gou help out but doesn't result with a capture, or will wind up deciding to travel with them at the end and wind up getting caught by Ash or Gou.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Im wondering why are they so secretive about episode 7??

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Maybe not now but definitely later
Her return isn't guaranteed to happen unless GameFreak is developing Diamond and Pearl remakes, and even then they might pull a Sawyer and just add a new character to promote the remakes.

Konja7

Maybe not now but definitely later

It will depends.

If this Piplup becomes the pokemon of Go or Ash, that will reduce the possibilities of Dawn's appearance a lot.

They wouldn't even need her to promote a possible Sinnoh remake.

Red and Blue

I wonder if Croagunk is the reason for Piplup ending up in Kanto? If so that certainly would explain the animosity

ShadowForce720

It will depends.

If this Piplup becomes the pokemon of Go or Ash, that will reduce the possibilities of Dawn's appearance a lot.

To be fair if Ash or Gou do wind up catching the Piplup in episode 8 they could either give it or Dawn's Piplup an item to distinguish them by, or have Ash's/Gou's Piplup already be a Prinplup or Empoleon by the time Dawn and her Piplup show up. Plus it's not like May catching a Bulbasaur and Squirtle and Dawn catching a Cyndaquil prevent Ash's Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil from returning in the respective series.

Plus it's not like Dawn would be a part of the main cast her return would be only temporary so it wouldn't be that hard to work it out even if Ash or Gou do have a Piplup.

MartínK

Her return isn't guaranteed to happen unless GameFreak is developing Diamond and Pearl remakes, and even then they might pull a Sawyer and just add a new character to promote the remakes.

True, they can pull a Sawyer to us but Dawn is highly popular in Japan so i doubt that

It will depends.

I don't think that Gou is going to catch it if they are gonna return it to Sinnoh

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

True, they can pull a Sawyer to us but Dawn is highly popular in Japan so i doubt that

I don't think that Gou is going to catch it if they are gona return it to Sinnoh

To be fair it could still join Ash or Gou at the end of the episode after they helped it out with the race. After all don't forget that in Ash's Rowlet's capture episode he tried to return Rowlet to it's family and yet as Ash was leaving Rowlet choose to join him instead. So I wouldn't say that just because Ash and Gou are taking the Piplup back to Sinnoh that it means that one of them won't catch it.

Of course that being said it is possible the Piplup could just be a pokemon that they helped out and not actually capture, were just going to have to wait and see.

Konja7

I don't think that Gou is going to catch it if they are gona return it to Sinnoh

The Piplup is lost and this is probably related to the Ice Floe Race. So, Ash or Go probably help Piplup in other things.

It would not be impossible that after Ash and Go help this Piplup, he wants to follow one of them.

MartínK

To be fair it could still join Ash or Gou at the end of the episode after they helped it out with the race. After all don't forget that in Ash's Rowlet's capture episode he tried to return Rowlet to it's family and yet as Ash was leaving Rowlet choose to join him instead. So I wouldn't say that just because Ash and Gou are taking the Piplup back to Sinnoh that it means that one of them won't catch it.

Of course that being said it is possible the Piplup could just be a pokemon that they helped out and not actually capture, were just going to have to wait and see.

The Piplup is lost and this is probably related to the Ice Floe Race. So, Ash or Go probably help Piplup in other things.

It would not be impossible that after Ash and Go help this Piplup, he wants to follow one of them.

Well, if Piplup decide to follow one of them i hoped is Ash

ShadowForce720

Maybe it’s not a Piplup but a escue?

No, it's already pretty much confirmed that it is a Piplup, especially given the picture we got for the episode shows and focuses on a Piplup. Sure Ash may be dense in some areas but at the end of the day he is pretty knowledgeable about Pokemon, and Gou is also pretty knowledgeable about pokemon so it would be pretty unlikely for them to think a Eiscue is a normal Piplup. Also while it's true that both Piplup and Eiscue are based on Penguins it's also true that they are pretty different from each other so it would be pretty hard for Gou or Ash to mistake a Eiscue for a typical Piplup and for the summary not to even describe the Piplup as being weird.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So yet another Piplup that isn't Dawn's? I swear, it better not just so happen to have his personality like the M20 one did... cause if they're going to do that, just bring her back!

Status
Not open for further replies.