• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 12th: PM2019 008: Don't Give In, Pochama! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since this takes place at an ice floe, I wonder if we're in Snowpoint City. It has one of those in the games.

I'm expecting anime-only locations, but it'd be nice to revisit established locations as well. Maybe see places the anime skipped over.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm pretty sure that this will be just a random Piplup and Croagunk.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Misty and Brock returned on SM series on September 2017 and if I remember correctly the announcement for their return was made on August 2017, so 1 month earlier. Since the title of PM007 is not revealed yet and considering we are in November now I wanna hope that Brock and Dawn or at least one of them is returning, because it would be absolutely ridiculous to have a Piplup and a Croagunk who are not Dawn's and Brock's...
But still...

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Dawn and Brock potential appearances? I could make a full time return to the anime forums if it means we will see our old favourites again instead of these fleeting visits

STICKTOPIA

After being fooled thinking we'd see Ash's butterfree in the Decolora islands, I'm not believing it's brock and dawn until I see it for myself. There's no reason that it shouldn't be, but they always trolled us in the past like this.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Whenever a past main character shows up they advertise it on the posters like Misty/Brock's SM cameos, or Dawn's cameo in BW2. We don't see any posters this time advertising Dawn/Brock appearing, so it's safe to say they probably won't appear. We're also only 8 episodes into this new saga, they would never bring back an old character this early into a brand new series.
true, but then, the series continues to break patterns, this new series is called Pokemon.....so it could break old traditions by having older cast members being recurring characters and the larger cast plus misty and Brock reappearances last time were them testing the waters for it....never know what could happen

Red and Blue

I'm not sure why a Piplup and a Croagunk would have such animosity towards each other. It makes even less sense in the small chance they are Dawn and Brock's

dman_dustin

I'm not sure why a Piplup and a Croagunk would have such animosity towards each other. It makes even less sense in the small chance they are Dawn and Brock's

I agree because this is an ice floe race, why is it Crogunk specifically, and not Buizel for example? Or another water type.

Red and Blue

I agree because this is an ice floe race, why is it Crogunk specifically, and not Buizel for example? Or another water type.
Well if that's Ash's Pikachu riding the Mantyke maybe Croagunk and Piplup were meant to be partners before fighting with each other
If they're owned by a new set of trainers their rivalry will probably have a reason. I don't remember Dawn's Piplup and Brock's Croagunk interacting much, but it's been years since I watched DP so I don't remember.
I can't think of any instance of Dawn's Piplup and Brock's Croagunk fighting. Croagunk was mainly there to reign in Brock

dman_dustin

If it were a random Buizel just imagine even more complaining that it wasn't Ash's Buizel.

The problem is they are IN Sinnoh, while Buizel is is Kanto, so I don't think I would think it would be Ash's Buizel or be upset if it wasn't.

Though if it was Buizel, there could've been the speculation that Ash was indeed using his previous generation Pokemon when visiting new regions as opposed to we don't know what Ash is going to do in regards to his team.

Well if that's Ash's Pikachu riding the Mantyke maybe Croagunk and Piplup were meant to be partners before fighting with each other

I can't think of any instance of Dawn's Piplup and Brock's Croagunk fighting. Croagunk was mainly there to reign in Brock

I get that maybe you are going with Piplup being ridden on by Croagunk or Piplup riding Croagunk but I still don't think that makes sense for an Ice Floe Race.

Not to mention if these are owned by the same trainer or even different trainers.

Plus the title of "Don't give in" seems out of place if it was JUST partners fighting.

I'm just saying maybe it shouldn't have been an Ice Floe Race and randomly choosing Croagunk because it kind of feels like they know what they are doing with the whole Croagunk and Piplup picture.

But then again, perhaps we're looking at this from the entirely different perspective. Maybe Croagunk isn't as important as we think and it just so happens to be ONE of the more important Pokemon in the race. Maybe Croagunk's trainer is the reining champion who laughs at water type trainers for losing to a non water type. And that Croagunk's role is PRIMARILY an obstacle rather than something that is of equal importance.

In that case, why do we care about a random Piplup and its dream of reclaiming victory from a poison/fighting Pokemon in and ice floe race?

I mean yeah sure the series is going to be completely and randomly chaotic sure, but why not an episode about Scorbunny or perhaps some relation to the previous unknown title episode. Like have Scorbunny having some kind of fight with a Chimchar for example or maybe Scorbunny vs Croagunk.

Why Piplup? and Why Croagunk? if they ultimately serve no benefit to the series. Why do we care about this? Especially if the whole series is going to be like this? Are they incapable of using pre-established Pokemon and characters they have to draw from completely random and irrelevant situations. Man this series is going to be boring and uninteresting if this is going to the majority of series is like. With things that no one should really care about. I mean sure slice of life episode I guess but it sure is going to be annoyingly repetitive. I mean how many episodes until we get another race like episode? But I guess we'll see, I could be completely and utterly wrong.

ShadowForce720

The problem is they are IN Sinnoh, while Buizel is is Kanto, so I don't think I would think it would be Ash's Buizel or be upset if it wasn't.

Though if it was Buizel, there could've been the speculation that Ash was indeed using his previous generation Pokemon when visiting new regions as opposed to we don't know what Ash is going to do in regards to his team.

I get that maybe you are going with Piplup being ridden on by Croagunk or Piplup riding Croagunk but I still don't think that makes sense for an Ice Floe Race.

Not to mention if these are owned by the same trainer or even different trainers.

Plus the title of "Don't give in" seems out of place if it was JUST partners fighting.

I'm just saying maybe it shouldn't have been an Ice Floe Race and randomly choosing Croagunk because it kind of feels like they know what they are doing with the whole Croagunk and Piplup picture.

But then again, perhaps we're looking at this from the entirely different perspective. Maybe Croagunk isn't as important as we think and it just so happens to be ONE of the more important Pokemon in the race. Maybe Croagunk's trainer is the reining champion who laughs at water type trainers for losing to a non water type. And that Croagunk's role is PRIMARILY an obstacle rather than something that is of equal importance.

In that case, why do we care about a random Piplup and its dream of reclaiming victory from a poison/fighting Pokemon in and ice floe race?

I mean yeah sure the series is going to be completely and randomly chaotic sure, but why not an episode about Scorbunny or perhaps some relation to the previous unknown title episode. Like have Scorbunny having some kind of fight with a Chimchar for example or maybe Scorbunny vs Croagunk.

Why Piplup? and Why Croagunk? if they ultimately serve no benefit to the series. Why do we care about this? Especially if the whole series is going to be like this? Are they incapable of using pre-established Pokemon and characters they have to draw from completely random and irrelevant situations. Man this series is going to be boring and uninteresting if this is going to the majority of series is like. With things that no one should really care about. I mean sure slice of life episode I guess but it sure is going to be annoyingly repetitive. I mean how many episodes until we get another race like episode? But I guess we'll see, I could be completely and utterly wrong.

Well in regards to the Piplup there is some chance that this Piplup is a wild Piplup and doesn't belong to anyone after all it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a starter in the wild before, so if the Piplup is a wild Piplup then there is a possibility that the reason why it's being focus on here is because it's going to be a capture for Ash or Gou and will join the main cast. Of course it's possible that it could be one of those episodes where Ash and Gou just help out a wild pokemon but don't actually catch it or it does actually belong to a trainer.

Now if it does wind up being a capture episode where Ash or Gou get Piplup then I would expect the one that is getting the Piplup would be the one to bond with it and help it win the race against Croagunk.

Red and Blue

I wouldnt mind Piplup going to Gou cause seeing Kukui with Empoleon reminded me how much I liked that Pokemon.

dman_dustin

Now if it does wind up being a capture episode where Ash or Gou get Piplup then I would expect the one that is getting the Piplup would be the one to bond with it and help it win the race against Croagunk.

Or what if both Pokemon are wild? And they'll be caught by Go and Ash. Who will get who and why?

Red and Blue

Wonder if Chimchar and Turtwig are competing in the race as well? If Croagunk can enter nothing is stopping them

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash catching Piplup would be nice so he could have a complete set but going from past things it is not like these sorts of episodes to have captures. He tends to get new pokemon from either a pokemon causing trouble or a weak pokemon wanting to get stronger. Though than you have the episode he caught Palpitoad and Cilan caught Stunfisk which to this day is the most random capture to me.

I do wonder what stops Gou from chucking his balls at pokemon nonstop. Like if his goal is to catch em all why would he NOT going after these two?

Zariful

Judging by the fact that this anime isn't super story based, I think it's safe to say the Piplup and Croagunk are probably just nods to some classic friends. I also don't really know what the bits on capturing pokemon are this generation. But I think I saw a cotd with a Corviknight fighting the Lugia. So it is possible they could rope in ways to get the galar mons in the other regions. In remakes of games, can't you find some newer generation Pokemon. So who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.