• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 13th: MPM01 - The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Pikachu continue their adventure, going wherever the wind blows, interacting with wild Pokémon they meet along the way, while the Rocket Gang plots to steal Pikachu... And that's how the days go on this neverending adventure. But one day while traveling through a forest, they encounter the legendary Pokémon Latias, injured...!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

-----

Kunihiko Yuyama's commentary:
Yuyama: "It was very new and different to start the first episode off with a scene that just had Satoshi and Pikachu on their own. Pikachu shows its prankster side in this scene too. Their interaction here was all really novel stuff."
Interviewer: The Legendary Pokémon Latias appears in this episode in the role of a Pokémon watching Satoshi's journey. Can you explain why you chose specifically Latias for this part?
Yuyama: "Even among Legendary Pokémon, Latias is a Pokémon it's very natural to think of as being close to someone. In addition, it can move around, fly and turn invisible. For these reasons, I figured Latias would be the best choice for the role."

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Random and weird way to start the epilogue, deciding to have Ash encounter a Latias of all things lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's interesting they mention the "and that's how the days go....on this never ending adventure" before they talk about the events that happen.
Makes me feel that it is less likely now that Ash and Pikachu's final adventure ends open ended

Also yeah I'm betting that Latias isn't movie Latias and Ash doesn't capture it. Seems to be an episode showing the nature of the endlessness of Ash's adventures over the years and his character as he helps a legendary, before deconstructing and ending his journey
And even if he does catches Latias, I'm pretty sure it won't me Movie Latias. I don't think they'll want Ash to catch the movie Latias esp with the whole kiss thing and all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.