• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 13th: MPM01 - The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Too much fuss about be the movie latias or not. Is that important?

It's A latias. A call back to movie 5, at best. Good if Ash catch her, but I won't lose my sleep if he doesn't.

Huntsmen. Some strong wild pokemon. Fight against other legendary. A banana peel.

Many possibilities.
I agree with most of what you said, wording of the summary might be a bit misleading though..
It doesn't mention "A Latias", it mentions "THE Latias"

Leonhart

Imagineer
I still don't quite understand why some people expect the Latias to be the one from the 5th movie when there's no logical reason for why it would be in a random forest instead of Altomare. Mewtwo at least had the excuse of being a wandering Pokemon at the end of the first movie, but Latias had a home where it was designated as a guardian, so there's no reason to believe that it would leave Altomare.

nuzamaki90

Do u think most of these episodes aren’t really important (just random adventure that can happen in any regions) and it only the last episode that will the answer the big question.
The series premise says that this is Ash’s adventure to finally reach his goal of becoming a Pokémon Master, so I feel like any and all plots he’s involved in are going to have something to do with that.

I don’t think they’d just start the new series off with Ash meeting a random Latias in the middle of Kanto for seemingly no reason to be completely honest.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Which scenario do you guys think is the most likely to come true when it comes to the Pokemon Master title and its definition in this mini-series?

1) It will remain undefined and vague, maybe Ash will have to figure that out for himself
2) It will get a clear, precise definition on what is necessary become a Pokemon Master (e.g. catch this Pokemon, beat that trainer, etc.)
3) It will get some corny definition such as "Maybe Pokemon Master was the friends we've made along the way"

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Which scenario do you guys think is the most likely to come true when it comes to the Pokemon Master title and its definition in this mini-series?

1) It will remain undefined and vague, maybe Ash will have to figure that out for himself
2) It will get a clear, precise definition on what is necessary become a Pokemon Master (e.g. catch this Pokemon, beat that trainer, etc.)
3) It will get some corny definition such as "Maybe Pokemon Master was the friends we've made along the way"
The 3rd option, where "Pokemon Master" is spelled out to be a state of mind. Series ends with Professor Oak telling Ash "Over the course of your journeys - all the friends you made, all of the interactions, battles, and adventures you had, world you saved - you've been a Pokemon Master this whole time and didn't realize it."

Cut to Ash and Pikachu running off into the sunset on a new adventure, because a "Master"'s journey never ends.

Last edited:

Megapixel

in case ash doesn't catch latias (and apparently this latias is not the same one from M05), her appearance and encounter with ash seems somewhat random, if they wanted to show ash being nice to a pokemon and heal it because it's hurt, they could have used any pokemon

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Getting vibes from that Ho-Oh episode earlier on Journeys, to be honest.

I'm starting to think that poster and promotional material aside, we might get one episode of Ash adventuring alone with some cameos. Like, this one is the Latias encounter, the next is Gary with this question, then the first two companions, then something else.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Getting vibes from that Ho-Oh episode earlier on Journeys, to be honest.

I'm starting to think that poster and promotional material aside, we might get one episode of Ash adventuring alone with some cameos. Like, this one is the Latias encounter, the next is Gary with this question, then the first two companions, then something else.
I hope so. Because I don’t want to deal with Brock's annoying flirting with random pretty girls that just reject him only for Misty and croagunk play jankenpo for who will pull his ear/poison jab him.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

3rd one, although the 'corny' definition I see is the one @Shadao has consistently written about in what he thinks being a Pokemon Master entails
Short answer, there is no trainer.

That's the punchline to the whole Pokémon Master thing. It's not a real rank. It's not even a real eligible goal.

It's essentially a motivation drive. To be the very best, like no one ever was. It is beyond any Champion or Elite Four. Beyond catching em all.

It's a never-ending journey to be the best Pokémon Trainer... or really any career involving Pokémon. As long as there's something new in the world, be it locations, Pokémon, people, and challenges, etc. Ash will pursue it. Just like how Goku will pursue tougher opponents for his entire life despite being old enough to retire.

That's why Leon's greatest fear isn't him losing. It's actually reaching the top and have no more challenges left. He is the closest person to the definition of a Pokémon Master and it's not because of his skills, but rather mentality. Every trainer's worst fear in the franchise is having no challenges left. That's how you know you're the best.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Latios: Back off, skank! I was his first kiss!
Serena: IT'S ON, *****!

*epic shonen jump-style battle*
How about something more like this?

mockingjay

swift and lol
I’m actually embarrassed for the writers.

How do you get tasked with writing for the last 11 episodes ever for the conclusion a character arc that’s been running for 26 years and for the premiere, 1 out of 11, it’s yet another run of the mill filler episode that is a legendary capture episode at best (and who cares???)

Ironically it’d me more surprising if the series was decent given the quality of Journeys so this shouldn’t be surprising, but cmon guys, we were rooting for you.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Can y'all stop calling every slow episode filler? Esp when we haven't even seen it yet????
Who knows what'll happen
Stakes are higher because this isn’t just an another episode within a 150 episode series that continues every three years, this is the first episode of the culmination of a 26 year story. This is supposed to be bigger than anything the MCU has given built up given the amount of the years and retirement of one of pop culture’s most popular and recognisable duo (and most definitely long lasting)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Stakes are higher because this isn’t just an another episode within a 150 episode series that continues every three years, this is the first episode of the culmination of a 26 year story. This is supposed to be bigger than anything the MCU has given built up given the amount of the years and retirement of one of pop culture’s most popular and recognisable duo (and most definitely long lasting)
If we want a proper resolution and a proper answer which probably lines with Ash's mindset of Pokemon Master, it's no surprise we get a slow introspective episode ABOUT Ash to kick it off. Again, we don't know what happens, this event could help kick off his introspection into Pokemon Master. It could help set his characterization over the years now evolving to someone considering the Pokemon master title as he is set to achieve it
We don't know yet, but the summary only implies it'll be a slow episode about Latias. No reason to assume it's a filler
If it's absolutely of no substance with no Ash introspection or Latias being relevant and is just a wild shenanigans episode then I'll understand

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Latias was likely going to be seen first anyway, just to set the stage, and now that we know it's injured, there's a couple of ways that can lead into the main plot:

A) It was damaged by poachers, but as Ash goes to confront them, they get scared witless because they just angered the recognized #1 trainer in the world, so either flee or try desperate tactics. This prompts Ash to consider what's next for him now that he has this celebrity status, which leads to Gary's question, thus things start.

B) Latias is injured another way, and Ash just manages to heal her up no bother. He remarks that it was a new experience, prompting Gary to quip that lately he's been on a loop of new experiences, and that leads to his question.

If the question of being a Master was meant to be immediately established, it probably would have been done the moment Ash brought that PWC trophy back. Instead he got a camping excursion, a battle with Lugia, parting with Goh and Chloe, and some unspecified time alone including going into that town and battling people. We can infer that there has been some time where Ash has been going it alone for a bit, but now is when he puts everything back into focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.