• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 13th: MPM01 - The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They could make Latias Ash’s new personal ride mon

:d
:>

PsychoLogical

That could work actually.
I was technically making a joke here but thinking about it now….idea doesn’t actually sound that bad.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
The only thing Satoshi can do to become a master is to beat legendaries. he can't catch them all, and already defeated to strongest trainer, so this is the last thing he should do. hope he beats Dialga/Palkia one day.

Guy100

It depends on how you define payoff. Is being caught the only way Latias can add to the story?
Payoff as in, what significance does introducing Latias help to provide as growth to Ash's story. He's helped many injured pokemon from time to time, which is often paid back in kindness of some type. If the Latias episode is just something to help build up to allowing Ash to figure out what being a pokemon master is, then I expect something unique that makes his encounter with the legendary standout as something special towards reaching his dream.

Kameinu

Arooo!
Serebii Forums' unwritten rule:

"Art. 1: Every topic ever devolves into:

1. Power Scale
2. Character bashing
3. Shipping Wars
4. Filler
5. Sheet Talk"

Not necessarily in this order.

Also, if that even turns into a pool, I think Ash won't get that latias.
That’s everywhere the show can be discussed right now.

Topics that have barely had any traction in years, like Altoshipping, are coming out of the grave.

One of the positives of the show ending hopefully is the volume will go down on these topics.

On the actual topic of Latias, the only angles I can see to give reason to a random Latias influencing the narrative of “answering what is a Pokémon Master” is if catching Legendaries has any real impact towards that goal, so maybe even forging strong bonds with them.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The only thing Satoshi can do to become a master is to beat legendaries. he can't catch them all, and already defeated to strongest trainer, so this is the last thing he should do. hope he beats Dialga/Palkia one day.
Pokemon Master according to ICY information iirc within that canon is meeting and becoming friends with all Pokemon. Otherwise Satoshi probably made up the title, if he keeps traveling he'll obviously keep meeting and befriending new Pokemon. Hence why Pokemon Master is more than just battling and battling is just a means and way to meet more Pokemon and a "step" toward being a Pokemon Master.

Kameinu

Arooo!
Pokemon Master according to ICY information iirc within that canon is meeting and becoming friends with all Pokemon. Otherwise Satoshi probably made up the title, if he keeps traveling he'll obviously keep meeting and befriending new Pokemon. Hence why Pokemon Master is more than just battling and battling is just a means and way to meet more Pokemon and a "step" toward being a Pokemon Master.
It’s funny that its only in the earlier seasons that other characters like Gary and Ritchie also bring up wanting to become a Pokémon Master. I don’t recall anyone talking about that goal aside if Ash, or not in relation to Ash.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Leon's the biggest Pokemon Master of them all, then. He just has more years than Ash.

Or, for that matter, every elderly Gym Leader is one.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
This title is dramatic af...

Imagine if Ash catches Latias and then she fights with Serena
Was expecting Misty and Brock here.

Latias vs Serena in the Pokemon Anime Versus Thread.

Latias wins 99/100.

Serena wins 1/100 if her Ice Ball, which previously KO'd Ash, lands a super effective crit on Latias.

If we want a proper resolution and a proper answer which probably lines with Ash's mindset of Pokemon Master, it's no surprise we get a slow introspective episode ABOUT Ash to kick it off. Again, we don't know what happens, this event could help kick off his introspection into Pokemon Master. It could help set his characterization over the years now evolving to someone considering the Pokemon master title as he is set to achieve it
We don't know yet, but the summary only implies it'll be a slow episode about Latias. No reason to assume it's a filler
If it's absolutely of no substance with no Ash introspection or Latias being relevant and is just a wild shenanigans episode then I'll understand

I hope we get some 10-15 minute montage where Ash retells his entire journey, of the people he met, Pokemon he captured, and major highlights.

I mean there are some amazing 13 episode series

The Tatami Galaxy
Erased
Madoka
Ping Pong

Yeah, 11 episodes with already well-established characters, world-building, and continuity is plenty of time for a proper finale. It's basically close to a 4 hour movie.

Can Ash vs Tobias be a 'Retirement' battle?

It should be tantamount to the Ceremonial Battle from Yu-Gi-Oh!, where Ash with his best team (Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Lucario) fights Tobias with his six legendaries. Winner goes to a sacred mountaintop to capture Ho-Oh.

Guy100

The ICY information of what a Pokemon Master is ," meeting and becoming friends with all Pokemon" compares to the same goal of catching every Pokemon in the world.

According to the early "Red and Blue" games and notes from Shudo's early works in the anime series, a Pokemon Master was described as an elite trainer that conquered both the gym challenge and Pokemon League, based on their skill to raise and tame strong Pokemon. Even in the early, Red and Blue games, Lance outright calls the protagonist a pokemon master just for defeating the elite four, and Professor Oak adds more depth my encouraging the player to complete the Pokedex.

The "Red and Blue" games even explore the lore of Pokemon Master, when the protagonist is given permission to challenge and defeat Mewtwo, proving how significantly strong they are, as only a Pokemon Master would be strong enough to defeat Mewtwo.

I assume if we go by the ICY information, Ash has literally nearly met and seen just about every pokemon, and has befriended practically nearly every species he's come into contact with. His Pokedex is proof of that, having seen nearly every pokemon introduced so far between the Gen 1 to 8 series.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Pokemon Master according to ICY information iirc within that canon is meeting and becoming friends with all Pokemon.
This. I think "I Choose You" was the first time this was decently hinted, also, Ash pretty much stated on that movie that the reason he likes to battle is to make friends of every pokemon. I don't think canon Ash is too far of this, anyway.

On the actual topic of Latias, the only angles I can see to give reason to a random Latias influencing the narrative of “answering what is a Pokémon Master” is if catching Legendaries has any real impact towards that goal, so maybe even forging strong bonds with them.
The most likely. That's why I'm not expecting a capture, because Ash bonded with many pokemon in the past that he ended up not catching.

Anyway, he looks kinda beated in the trailer while latias fly with him, so we're having a classic "Ash puts himself in danger to earn a pokemon's trust" routine.

PsychoLogical

The most likely. That's why I'm not expecting a capture, because Ash bonded with many pokemon in the past that he ended up not catching.

Anyway, he looks kinda beated in the trailer while latias fly with him, so we're having a classic "Ash puts himself in danger to earn a pokemon's trust" routine.
Lost count on how many that is lmao.

And its been a while since that classic trope in the anime happened :d (when was the last time that happened again? I forget)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
s from Shudo's early works in the anime series
wasn't his original plan that "Pokemon Master" was just gonna be an unnattainable childish dream?

Megapixel

This. I think "I Choose You" was the first time this was decently hinted, also, Ash pretty much stated on that movie that the reason he likes to battle is to make friends of every pokemon. I don't think canon Ash is too far of this, anyway.

it is possible that ash got hurt trying to help the pokemon but latias wouldn't let him

Guy100

it is possible that ash got hurt trying to help the pokemon but latias wouldn't let him
Based on the trailer, I'm guessing Team rocket successfully captured pikachu in this episode, in which causes Ash to give chase that leads to Ash somehow hanging on the rocket balloon in a last ditch attempt to stop the Rocket Gang from escaping with Pikachu. Team Rocket is then somehow able to knock Ash off the Rocket Balloon, in which Ash falls, only to be rescued by Latias, who then carries Ash up to helps him get Pikachu back due to Ash helping it heal from its injuries.

I then see this episode ending possibly in two scenario's;

Scenario 1) Latias thanks Ash for its kindess, in which it repays the favor by helping Ash to get pikachu back from Team rocket. Latias then sees the goodness in Ash and then wants to befriend Ash and be his new Pokemon.

Scenario 2) Ash helps the injured Latias recover, in which it pays Ash back for his sincerity in helping it to recover by saving Pikachu from Team Rocket. Latias then flies away, with Ash hoping to meet it again, and Ash tells Gary about his ordeal, in which Gary brings up the question of whether or not Ash is close to getting towards his dream of being a pokemon master.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I'm curious to see how the plot of this mini-series will shift from Ash and Pikachu going whereas the wind blows to Ash, Brock and Misty traveling through regions and meeting their old friends again. Maybe it has to do with the whole Pokemon Master thing?
No one said that they will travel through regions. Most of his Pokemon are in Kanto or are easy to transfer. No other companions have been hinted at.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
No one said that they will travel through regions.
No one has confirmed they'll stay in Kanto either. Especially since there are numerous Pokemon and people they've met that are not based in Kanto. Though I suppose it would be more practical for them to stay in one region than travel again.

However, the press release says "these episodes will feature fan-favorite Pokémon and characters, including Misty and Brock", so I am expecting some former companions to reappear, whether it's through Ash/Misty/Brock going to them, or the companions coming to Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.