• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 13th: MPM01 - The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This. I keep telling people that Ash and Pikachu are so entertaining when it’s just the two of them dicking around. Felt like two brothers messing around, playing pranks on each other.

Their dynamic made such a simple task like choosing which way to go so much more fun. If that’s what we can expect to get more of for the rest of this series I’d be totally satisfied.
This.

A shame it seems likely we won't get more of it and just have to deal with moving background.

Oh well, at least it's only 11 episodes so poor Ash can be put out of his misery.
Here you go:
Thanks.

He made some great points and I agree him.

Good work @Shadao
Honestly, 'Pokémon Master' being a nothing goal that Ash made up is the most boring answer they could ever have given us. It's like they're saying 'yeah, that thing Ash was chasing the whole time? The question you wanted an answer to? Not a real thing!', and it's the dullest, most insulting, most anticlimactic and by far the most creatively bankrupt answer they could come up with.

And I'm 99% certain this is what we're getting, as a final 'screw you' for caring about Ash's journey.
It's more or less what Shudo envisioned Ash's goal to be.

My impression was always that it was a kid determined to be a better man than his deadbeat dad and show that, yeah, he is the child of a single mother and out of the boonies but he can be someone special.
I mean the directors have alluded to that already so yeah, pretty sure that’s where they are headed unfortunately.

26 years and Ash has only made significant steps to reaching that goal (according to him) in SM and JN LMAO.
Not quite. If anything all of the experiences from his start on Kanto all the way to the end of XYZ was what made him reach the milestones he did on SM and JN.

Those two were just continuing the development he had during the course of the show.
According to some of Shudo's blog post translated by fans, Shudo had different endings planned out the OG series, in which he leaned more towards Ash just fulfilling his dream of being a Pokemon Master after beating Lance, and then reminiscing his entire adventure as he got older, in which he would re-awaken as young boy again in a different reality similar to our own where Pokemon dont exist and are only relevant in fiction, like the video games. Apparently, this ending concept was re-used in the AU pokemon movie, " I choose you", which turned out to be a dream by AU Ash.

Shudo did think of the idea of a Pokemon revolution ending, but ultimately scrapped it because he felt it would be impossible to introduce, as it would mean the end of the series in general, as pokemon battles would ultimately be tabooed with this story conclusion, referencing Pokemon battles akin to cock fighting, which he did not want the message of that possible ending to insinuate.
I remember the part about him getting old and remembering his youth but I don't recall the part about he reawaking in a world with no pokémon. Nor the one bit with the cock fighting comparison

(and let's face it: no matter how much they try to work around it, it's kind of always been an analogue to that lol)
IIRC that scene is actually a reusing of a scrapped scene of Ash having a nightmare in the Darkrai movie. Though still, interesting if he actually planned the dream theory to be true
Yeah, that's the case. Yuyama revealed it during a live-stream of ICY.

I think it's the same one where it had happened the infamous exchange where Yuyama tells Shokotan that Cynthia's NOT Verity's mother
Noivern looking big and reliable.

LazySpy

Kimty
The comments feel extremely backhanded, especially with the previous post of his having the same statement basically in an patronising way, before replying with the same comment again when he already said he's done with his piece. It comes off as snarky and snide to me, not a polite and respectful way to end a conversation that in my perspective was not going on in good faith.
If that wasn't the intent and I'm going meta, alright, but I'm not going to take back what I said as I felt what I felt. So ig best to end it here and move on to other discussions about the episode
Fair enough. I'm glad we reached a somewhat constructive conclusion and you're agreeing to drop this.

... BRO.
FlLdewWWAAk5lci.png

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
She looks traumatized and turned into stone??? HUNTER J?
That's a stretch lol
Where is Latias turning into stone
If anything this episode seems to be a standard Ash and Pikachu episode to kick off the series, starting in Oaks Lab with his old mons before having an adventure with a Latias where he saves them from TR probably
I'd say to just have your expectations tailored around that and not expect anything else much

Rohanator

I think she's partly frozen, probably from a Team Rocket bazooka (unless the Gacha's still a thing or Morpeko learned Ice Fang lol).

Really cool shot, not sure if it looks like Shinohara's work though maybe the first ep will have some guest animators.

Status
Not open for further replies.