• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 13th: MPM01 - The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If reserves were off the table that training and encouraging the JN team was the next best thing, don’t see how sitting on its ass not doing anything or just not appearing whatsoever is the better alternative
While them not being used does sting
The Paul episode in JN has to be one of the best episodes of the series as a whole
Seeing the montages of Ash's mons in the lab training his JN team was SO satisfying man

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Imagine how satisfying it would have been if we had 130 episodes of that.
Yea the reason I've been gobbling up all the little scenes of Ash's mons (even in the finale ep of JN) is because we've been starving for way too long
It was a long time coming that montage, and definitely should have been more

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I see it not dropping his drive but rather transferring his energy into mentoring the mons that are now up for the stage
That's why I mentioned "no given reason". There's nothing on-screen indicating a reason as to why Infernape suddenly lost its drive, no mention of any restrictions of using just 6 Pokemon, nothing nada etc that justified why him (and his cohort reserves) couldn't be used from a Watsonian perspective.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
That's why I mentioned "no given reason". There's nothing on-screen indicating a reason as to why Infernape suddenly lost its drive, no mention of any restrictions of using just 6 Pokemon, nothing nada etc that justified why him (and his cohort reserves) couldn't be used from a Watsonian perspective.
Again what Im saying is that it didn't lose its drive at all, it just used its drive to help train the other mons in prep for their battles, while still being pumped itself

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
How many Dragonites and Gengars have we seen already? They should have gone to Goh, if anything.

The JN team should have been: Pikachu, Riolu/Lucario, 4 rotating reserves.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
You mean Dracovish and 4 rotating reserves lol. That would have made JN 10 0000% more enjoyable

Ash owning Lucario has been a fan-favorite wish since DP and that movie, so I understand that choice.

Pikachu, Lucario, Dracovish, and 3 reserves would have also worked out well.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
How many Dragonites and Gengars have we seen already? They should have gone to Goh, if anything.

The JN team should have been: Pikachu, Riolu/Lucario, 4 rotating reserves.
Here's my idea for Journeys Team:
Ash kept his Alola Team for Journeys (since it's his Champion Team).
The Team would get some changes (Lycanroc will stay with Kukui) and he will get his Mega Lucario (which in this version is an offspring of Ash Lycanroc and Kukui's Lucario) and Dracovish. Ash will travel back in time to Hisui at some point and his Rowlett would evolve into Hisuian Decidueye. His Melmetal will learn to Gigantamax.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Again what was up with that “we won’t see each other for awhile” line in JN’s finale if he was just gonna use a rotating team anyway?
Red herring to hide that they were going to be announcing the show's end...
Expectation: 'Wow 6th slot, maybe it's for Latias!'
Reality: it's a Journeys mon
It's Lucario.
Bring back Goodra my love
Ash: Goodra, I choose you!
Misty: EEEKKKK! GET THAT BUG-LOOKING THING AWAY FROM ME!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Well, in any case, I am happy to see the reserves again. I just wish JN took full advantage of its premise, so we could have had more of them.

Anyway, onto the episode itself.

I still have no idea what this episode is about. Maybe Team Rocket is the one chasing Latias?

Rohanator

In my opinion it’s perfectly justified that people are frustrated that the writers didn’t have Ash use reserves in the majority of his last series, especially when they threw in little teases every now and then. As a passionate Reservebro myself, it would’ve been a lot more satisfying if Ash’s reserves got to fight alongside his JN team, and I LOVE the JN team btw.

However I’m elated that we are getting everyone now, as well as seeing them be mixed and matched so different mons from different teams can interact with each other. It’s hype, I’m hype, and I’m ready to see this through to the end.
Yea I get it, it's just funny to see so close to the end. I have very specific hopes for what I'd still like to see but honestly I'm just kinda chilling in the end times now I don't expect anything crazy but I think it'll be nice, and I doubt I'll take part in most discussions after the fact. Hopefully people at least get something out of the individual eps, after 10+ years of next to nothing reserves wise this is a lot more I ever expected.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The glass half empty/full philosophy in full force here, as usual I find myself on the latter because I like the JN team despite writing and screen time issues, so I’m not gonna drone on about what ifs.

My actual question is would 4-5 Pokémon being rotated across 11 episodes be enough to have everyone? Let’s make a healthy assumption and say no released mons, or the JN team will be used, is it possible?
Excluding Pika, Journeys roster, 29 Tauros and the released mons, Ash currently has 39 different mons on hand. But if we count the two "de-facto" Ash mons aka Larvitar and Solgaleo then its 42. (If we include Squirtle who seems to be returning soon, and Primeape then that should be 44.)

So hypothetically, it is possible.

Edit: Oops, I forgot Mr. Mime is his. Edited to 42 and 44.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In my opinion it’s perfectly justified that people are frustrated that the writers didn’t have Ash use reserves in the majority of his last series, especially when they threw in little teases every now and then. As a passionate Reservebro myself, it would’ve been a lot more satisfying if Ash’s reserves got to fight alongside his JN team, and I LOVE the JN team btw.

However I’m elated that we are getting everyone now, as well as seeing them be mixed and matched so different mons from different teams can interact with each other. It’s hype, I’m hype, and I’m ready to see this through to the end.
Exactly how I feel
At this point I just wanna enjoy the time we are gonna get. Hope every mon gets to shine a bit and get commanded by Ash once more before the end

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Again what was up with that “we won’t see each other for awhile” line in JN’s finale if he was just gonna use a rotating team anyway?

I guess it's implied time has passed since the end of Journeys and beginning of these episodes. Ash is wandering around sort of aimlessly, which is where the Gary question will come in.

I get a feeling Team Rocket become too much of a bunch of amateurs to be able to hurt Latias. Team Rocket in JN is like the lowest of the low: no robots, normal nets. Hell they don't even need Ash to sabotage them, Morpeko does if for free.

I feel like it will be some kind of Pokémon hunter who hurt Latias.
It could be higher ranking Team Rocket members. Giovanni is still at large and they might want to wrap that up by the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.