• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 15th: PM2019 051 - The Great Kamonegi Trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Kamonegi head to a tunnel where a mass outbreak of Ishitsubute is taking place in order to train there.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

--------

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.img ur.com/pr9SwoS.jpg

SUPER IMPROVEMENT 3: SATOSHI'S KAMONEGI WILL HAVE A FIERCE BATTLE!
Kamonegi will fight a Dotekkotsu in an official Pokémon WCS battle! Will it be able to find a hint for powering up in this fight?!

"The Great Kamonegi Trial!" airs Friday January 15th, 2021!

SUPER IMPROVEMENT 4: KOHARU BECOMES A RESEARCH FELLOW AS WELL NOW THAT SHE GOT EIEVUI?
Koharu has gained an Eievui as her partner. And it seems that from here on, she'll be accompanying Satoshi and the others in their research as well. Will this make them a better group of researchers?!

Last edited:
inb4 it is actually Goh's Kamonegi who get's focus...

What if Ash's Farfetch'd doesn't evolve this episode?

Or even appear at all?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
...way too fast an evolution.

But Kamonegi’s gimmick and trial involves battling&training via critting and it only used Night Slash while battling Gou/Satoshi and refused to let trainers pass so it clearly was trying to evolve. Just lame it got ignored for about 25+ episodes. A Galarian Pokémon with lore getting focus is at least swell. Just wish they had built upon its character.

D

Deleted member 384931

But Kamonegi’s gimmick and trial involves battling&training via critting and it only used Night Slash while battling Gou/Satoshi and refused to let trainers pass so it clearly was trying to evolve. Just lame it got ignored for about 25+ episodes. A Galarian Pokémon with lore getting focus is at least swell. Just wish they had built upon its character.
I feel you. No idea if I have to feel happy for it potential evolving or just to get it done with.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

We've seen faster anyways. And tbh, the duck finally getting some focus is kinda good enough for most really. Even if the evolution was quick.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What if Ash's Farfetch'd doesn't evolve this episode?
Or even appear at all?

i actually hope it doesn’t. Like one episode and disappear again. This episode should be about them finding out how it evolves, and afterwards they should train a bit more and somewhere maybe in March evolve.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I feel you. No idea if I have to feel happy for it potential evolving or just to get it done with.
From my POV, maybe being happy is the better option. Yes it may have been ignored for a long while but it doesn't really change the fact that it's going to get focus and time like now where some other Ash mons in past sagas never even had a chance of any of that.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
We've seen faster anyways. And tbh, the duck finally getting some focus is kinda good enough for most really. Even if the evolution was quick.
Eh...I’d argue that just because it’s happened in the past doesn’t make it okay here either.

Kamonegi is a solemn warrior type Pokémon that adapted to Galar to be the way it is. There’s many faucets of its lore and character that could have been touched on. It didn’t get one cool moment or real victory either. Besides Kairyu’s victory over M-Lucario none of the non-Riolu/Lucario Pokémon of Satoshi’s squad really have much claim. These captures and evolutions feel so hollow and inconsequential. I can excuse it with something like Kairyu since it clearly wasn’t meant to have any development or a growth arc. and maintains an okay/consistent personality somewhat.

An evolution after 24 episodes from its capture would be fine except for the fact that this guy has barely existed in these 24 episodes.

Since I don't trust the writing in this series, I'm gonna guess it will evolve here.
Nah, if you don't trust the writers, Ash's Farfetch'd is not gonna appear in this episode at all and it'll be a Goh focused episode somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.