1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

January 19th: PM2019 009: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Houou Legend of the Jouto Region!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartínK

MartínK Well-Known Member

That was in gen IV, i highly doubt that the Grand Festival wasn't made while Ash travels through the rest of Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola.

2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

So Sinnohs only 1 episode that really surprises me.Though they will probably return.Wonder when we will see Unova?

Trey pokes and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  3. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

This twitter account seems to meet a poster that include the summary of Episode 9 (the account also put the translation):

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1198543835028049920

"Promise Made That Day! The Ho-oh Legend in the Johto Region!!"

Ash and Gou hear that a legendary Pokémon Ho-oh has been seen in Ecruteak city, Johto. Would there be a chance they manage to meet Ho-oh?

Airing on Jan 19

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Don't call me Christina!

It would be great if this is part of the continuation from its references and cameos back in the Johto series.

5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Guess that's where Ash will tell Go he's seen Ho-Oh in the first day of his journey.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  6. Emboar_Rulez

Then Gou won’t believe him just like everyone else who hears that story

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  7. quake

quake Well-Known Member

We know they have airplanes in Pokemon so I'm assuming they just fly there? They probably cut that part out because who wants an episode of them flying? Logically it makes sense

wolf jani likes this.
  8. Emboar_Rulez

Why do you think they are going to Johto?

9. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

The summary outright says that Ho-Oh is in Ecruteak City, likely at the Bell Tower where Ho-Oh is caught in the Johto games.

wolf jani likes this.
  10. Emboar_Rulez

I really hope that this series focuses on Ashs past adventures and showcases his old Pokémon frequently.While still catching new Pokémon.I doubt he will do the gym challenge but will still participate in the league with Gou.

11. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

He can't participate in the League unless he either does Gyms or the Galar League has no qualifications for entry like the Alolan League.

12. Kazuniya

Kazuniya me when recognizing PM's wasted potential

Hmm, I wonder if these legendary Pokemon like Lugia and Ho-oh appearing is just a coincidence, or if there is a slight chance of this leading up to something bigger.

Well, I do hope Ash remembers his travels in Johto.

13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It'd be nice if it led to something, but it's nice Johto legendaries are being touched on.
    I do hope that Ho-oh's plot gets further developed or even finished later on this saga, it's been dragged on far enough.

On the topic of legendaries though.... Raikou and Marshadow better get an episode before Celebi or the Kanto birds get yet another.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  14. Emboar_Rulez

Watch the legendary beasts in this episode is just a Zoroark

15. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a flashback to episode 1, at least just a snip-bit of Ash in his OG outfit. Really wanna latch on to that continuity.

16. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

I honestly don't think they'll touch upon Ash's history with Ho-oh. If they don't touch upon Ash knowing what a Lugia is, or show little Serena in the camp, or use Ash's Bulbasaur in an episode that's quite honestly Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden Pt.2...

I mean if they forsake all those chances for continuity nods, then they might as well forget this as well.

17. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

The episode is literally titled "The pledge we made that day"

18. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I'd laugh so hard if his origin story was replaced by that movie tho

wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  19. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

We could get a Ho-oh raid battle like in episode 2. With Ho-oh awarding the trainer who put up the best fight a Rainbow feather

wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Mataraja, Keeper of the Gates Forbidden

It wasn't even the same camp since Ash missed that one entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.