• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 19th: PM2019 009: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Houou Legend of the Jouto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

Yup, we've only seen one Ho-Oh within the main anime universe, so it's been pretty consistent right there; that's not to say that there's only one since it's in the same class as Lugia which are able to reproduce. (ex; Silver)

That being said, this has to be the same Ho-Oh, and even if it's not I feel like Ash still needs to make a reference to the one he encountered because it pretty much symbolizes the start of his journey which was shown at the start of this series!

Also at this point I'm just so desperate, you have no idea. I don't know if anyone feels the same way I do or understands where I'm coming from in this regard; but the amount of missed opportunities throughout this show when it comes to continuity (and I don't expect them to make references to past events left and right no no no no) just kills the vibe for me. Like at least a small nod that acknowledges Ash's past journeys and not just easter eggs, but something that's enough to render it canon. Like are you seriously telling me that they're going to go to Prism Tower (which is hinted at in the poster) and not see or even mention Clemont and/or Bonnie who literally live there!? Come on bro. Like just, come on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There should only be one Ho-oh, Mew, and Mewtwo....
Given how little Ho-oh shows up, there has to be only one. Much like Mewtwo, there's no point in having a second one

Rune Knight

There should only be one Ho-oh, Mew, and Mewtwo....
Given how little Ho-oh shows up, there has to be only one. Much like Mewtwo, there's no point in having a second one

Mewtwo maybe, although from a story-telling perspective scientists could always make more as long as they have Mew's DNA; I believe that this was nodded to back in M16 when Ash briefly recognized Mewtwo.

In the games it is stated that Mew is a rare species of pokemon driven to near extinction; indicating that there are only a few left in the world. They also mention a pregnant Mew, suggesting that they are in fact able to reproduce.

Lugia was shown to able to reproduce in the anime, and with Ho-Oh being in the same class it's always possible that there is more than one. However, for the sake of the anime's story and the fact that we've only seen one being the same Ho-Oh so far, I'm 99% sure that the Ho-Oh for this episode and for the story in general refers to the same one that Ash saw at the beginning of his journey.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I think there’s only one Mewtwo,Ho-Oh,Xerneas,Yveltal,Reshiram,Zekrom,Kyruem,and the Tapus

Mainly because we’ve only seen one in the anime and based on the lore only one Mewtwo was created and when the meteorite hit Unova it created only one Zekrom and Reshiram.Others like Groupon and Kyogre I’m unsure about since we saw a Kyogre in the Alola region in the anime

Leonhart

Imagineer
MartínK said:
I think that Ho-Oh is unique, so it has to be the same of the first episode.

I might have agreed two decades ago, but recently it seems like the writers can't make any Pokemon unique with the possible exception of Arceus if we believe that the one from the Hoopa movie was the same one from Shinou. In any case, I'm going to assume that this Houou might be a different one unless stated otherwise.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think there’s only one Mewtwo,Ho-Oh,Xerneas,Yveltal,Reshiram,Zekrom,Kyruem,and the Tapus

Mainly because we’ve only seen one in the anime and based on the lore only one Mewtwo was created and when the meteorite hit Unova it created only one Zekrom and Reshiram.Others like Groupon and Kyogre I’m unsure about since we saw a Kyogre in the Alola region in the anime
Ah, I see you're deliberately trying to forget the Genesect movie.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m hoping for a Pikachu vs Hi-Oh fight to go with the Pikachu vs Lugia fight even if it’s a very short fight

Status
Not open for further replies.