• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 19th: PM2019 009: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Houou Legend of the Jouto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quake

I think there’s only one Mewtwo,Ho-Oh,Xerneas,Yveltal,Reshiram,Zekrom,Kyruem,and the Tapus

You mean the island guardian Tapus? Cause we saw an alternate timeline shiny tapu Koko in the cannon anime so technically the writers can pull anything out of any where now if they feel like it

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Impossible. We must have a Misty expy who refuses to say her mother is Cynthia, a know-it-all guy who lets his Lucario stand around doing nothing, and some guy who is Gladion as a full-time jerk with an Incineroar.
Koharu, Go, Marnie/Bede?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
With the writers seemingly like they'll ignore actual continuity i expect the Ho-oh in this episode to be a completely different one from the one from Ash's past and i also expect there to be some kind of rewritten/retconned plot on the backstory of how Ash saw Ho-oh. You can also forget about there being any references to the Ecruteak city episodes in the Johto series as well.

ShadowForce720

With the writers seemingly like they'll ignore actual continuity i expect the Ho-oh in this episode to be a completely different one from the one from Ash's past and i also expect there to be some kind of rewritten/retconned plot on the backstory of how Ash saw Ho-oh. You can also forget about there being any references to the Ecruteak city episodes in the Johto series as well.

Just pointing this out but if the writers were really so hell bent on ignoring continuity then they would have never shown Ash's previous gym badges and trophies along with his Z-power ring. Look I get that people are frustrated that some characters aren't showing up or that Ash isn't using reserves yet, but keep in mind where still only at the beginning of the series and only about 7-9 episodes in, so were still in the part where the writers are still trying to establish Gou and other new characters along with some pokemon that may wound joining the main cast soon. So it makes sense that we wouldn't see past characters or reserves right away because they don't want to overshadow the new characters and pokemon that are joining the main cast.

At the end of the day there likely not going to be retconning/rewriting Ash's backstory with Ho-oh.

Remix2

I’ll laugh if that happen since it confirmed that the writer are desperately trying to avoiding continuation at all cost( and not in xy where it was a oversight).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:

Given how the writers seem less keen to reference previously established events, I completely expect the Houou here to be either completely different from the one Satoshi saw before, or at least ambiguous to the point where we'll be left to question whether it is the same one or isn't. I also don't expect Satoshi to actually have meaningful interactions with the Houou regardless of whether it's the one from OS or not.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No way they are going to retcon Ho-oh when they already made an episode inspired by the first one
Yeah, regardless if they want to have a lot of continuity or not, episode 1 is pretty much sacred to the anime team, or at least that's how things seem like

Henry's Journey

Oh gosh noo, I feel like this episode will be kind of a make-or-break deal, at least for me, hopefully they won't **** it up. :(

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
At best Ho-oh will give Ash a sense of deja vu but he won’t actually remember it.

I think that's the best case scenario at the moment. Satoshi vaguely implying that he's at least aware of what a Houou is without him explicitly forgetting his previous experiences with Houou would be better than an outright retcon.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I wonder what 'pledge' the title is referring to. Don't tell me the story will focus around a random trainer who sees Ho-oh?

The logical writing decision would be that this is referring to Ash and Pikachu, but uh...haha, can't have that in Pocket Monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.