• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 19th: PM2019 009: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Houou Legend of the Jouto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

inb4 their fans start complaining BW style again.

If this is about Go capturing Pokemon, I generally do not give two dumps about Go capturing whatever Pokemon he is, they already expressed what his role in this anime is, always catching Pokemon.

MY issue with the anime, is that Ash hasn't had anything to do for this series except battle with Mr. Mime and Pikachu.

Let Ash catch SOMETHING or have an episode revolved around HIM in its entirety (aka Go capturing his Pokemon of the day, at the start then it switches to Ash ONLY focus).

At this point once the Koharu episode airs, Koharu will have had more deep focus in this series than Ash.

Seriously the ONLY thing Ash has is he won a battle tournament, and yet the episode hardly felt like it focused on him as opposed to other episodes, the episode felt like it was more for Go's benefit than Ash's.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Funny, people keep complained about Pokemon series that protagonist don't catch much Pokemon as it should and then they fixed it, now people complained, gonna be like BBND people when they keep complained about cut a Pokemon then they added more and they still complained? or your people gonna spit some nonsense like when they play Pokemon game, they just catch 6 for the whole game?

dman_dustin

For the adventure and meeting lots of different Pokémon.

Sounds like the overall plot of the previous generations of anime, except for this generation (which is more about Ash revisiting what's he's already visited).

Funny, people keep complained about Pokemon series that protagonist don't catch much Pokemon as it should and then they fixed it, now people complained, gonna be like BBND people when they keep complained about cut a Pokemon then they added more and they still complained? or your people gonna spit some nonsense like when they play Pokemon game, they just catch 6 for the whole game?

No, no, as I said (in regards to my opinon), we knew Go was going to likely capture a brand new Pokemon EVERY single episode.

My issue is that they are doing absolutely nothing with Ash. Just let him capture something new. For Arceus's sake we have 12 episodes in a new generation, without a single NEW capture for Ash. I don't count Mr. Mime as a new capture, just a new understanding of the Pokemon's ownership; a clarification rather than him capturing it (and even then if you assume its new, he caught it off screen, not really impressed).

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I can't wait till Ash finally catches another Pokemon so people can stop acting like the world is ending.

It's not that big of a deal.

I mean, ****, Ash probably won't be introduced to Galar gyms until like episode 12. Does he need to immediately get a third Pokemon? What's the damn hurry?

dman_dustin

I can't wait till Ash finally catches another Pokemon so people can stop acting like the world is ending.

It's not that big of a deal.

I mean, ****, Ash probably won't be introduced to Galar gyms until like episode 12. Does he need to immediately get a third Pokemon? What's the damn hurry?

I wouldn't necessarily equate immeasurable disappointment to the world ending but it do feel like that sometimes.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This series has too much focus on Ash. We've know him for over 20 years now. Why can't we get more focus on Gou since he's new. I hope that Gou continues catching more pokemon and Ash won't get any. Ash already owns more than 40 pokemon anyway.

Master Pikachu 11

For the adventure and meeting lots of different Pokémon.
Yes the problem though is that he has met all of these Pokémon already so if he is not going to catch previous Pokémon when he goes back to the regions again such as the Pokémon that he didn’t catch and are very popular like Mr. Mime and Pikachu then it just seems pointless for him to go back to the other regions when series could have just benefited on only focusing on Galar since he has not seen those Pokémon yet. Still even when Ash was the main focus, they still allowed the companions to catch Pokémon as well. Just having Go catch the Pokémon is not that interesting at all.

Konja7

I'm not even sure if Go being a co-protagonist is the main reason... As far as I know, Dawn was also marketed as a co-protagonist for DP series and something like this didn't happen...

Was Dawn directly mentioned as co-protagonist?

In the case of Go, it has been directly mentioned that he is co-protagonist.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This series has too much focus on Ash. We've know him for over 20 years now. Why can't we get more focus on Gou since he's new. I hope that Gou continues catching more pokemon and Ash won't get any. Ash already owns more than 40 pokemon anyway.
The kid is still Ash. It’s understandable that people want him to have focus because he’s still as much of a main character as Gou if not more lol.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
There we have our first Jouto starter listed off, so Kanto starters, Hinoarashi, Pochama, Hibunny so far. The art and animation look solid in this episode which makes me think something worthwhile will happen. Obviously not a guarantee but I feel if it looks pretty that means they’re likely going to show or do something of substance. Maybe Satoshi brings the glow back to the rainbow wing in some form mirroring that art posted through twitter?

EDIT: Wait, Go reads the episode title which isn’t anything super significant in itself but now I realize the pledge could simply be referring to the characters of the day and their promise to meet Ho-Oh. So it could just be a shoutout to that like the Battle Frontier Cup not being the actual Battle Frontier. Still the concept art at least shows Satoshi mesmerized by the Rainbow Wing so I hold to that.

The kid is still Ash. It’s understandable that people want him to have focus because he’s still as much of a main character as Gou if not more lol.
Think that was sarcasm.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Status
Not open for further replies.