• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 20th: MPM02 - Satoshi VS Kasumi! A One-on-One on the Beach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Srsddf4781

Who despises Misty? How can you despise the OG and iconic Pokegirl. Probably just bitter their fav isn't as iconic or universally loved or known as Misty is and to that I say stay bitter. The queen of Pokemon is back to take her rightful place.
Twitter and Reddit are like rabid dogs when it comes to despising her. I feel disgusted every time I see it. Ash Ketchum, Misty Williams, Brock Harrison and Pikachu were part of my and many people’s childhood. Heck, Pokémon’s success never could have achieved the height it did without them. I agree with your conclusions.

Master Pikachu 11

Any final prediction for today episode ( its Friday in my country)

- Will Clauncher be caught? And by who if it is capture
- Will Totodile or Corphish evolve here or nah
- Misty team change (ie Kingdra)
I’m going to say that Clauncher doesn’t get caught, and that’s because I haven’t the leakers spoil it like they did with Ash winning against Leon. I would like to be wrong and see that it does get caught, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it doesn’t

Twitter and Reddit are like rabid dogs when it comes to despising her. I feel disgusted every time I see it.
Nah that’s with Serena

greninjamaster

Twitter and Reddit are like rabid dogs when it comes to despising her. I feel disgusted every time I see it. Ash Ketchum, Misty Williams, Brock Harrison and Pikachu were part of my and many people’s childhood. Heck, Pokémon’s success never could have achieved the height it did without them. I agree with your conclusions.
What I've learned about social media over the many years i've been in fandom is that they're never really as big as they think they are. Especially not compared to you know the actual population. They're a very small group that does not share the same beliefs of the general audience.

Misty is an icon and the OG Pokegirl and that's never changing.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don’t think Reddit is much a fan of Ash either.
Saw People bitching that Ash needs to stop hitting the B button and evolve his Pokémon. I think they even said he should force Bulbasaur and Pikachu to evolve. That they don’t get a choice.

Plus criticizing Ash for not “catching them all”. That comes up a lot.
Boomers who have no idea about Ash lmao

Carina

Plasbad!!
I don’t think Reddit is much a fan of Ash either.
Saw People bitching that Ash needs to stop hitting the B button and evolve his Pokémon. I think they even said he should force Bulbasaur and Pikachu to evolve. That they don’t get a choice.

Plus criticizing Ash for not “catching them all”. That comes up a lot.
Wasn't the creation of Goh to satisfy that part of the fanbase?

World Turtle

Wasn't the creation of Goh to satisfy that part of the fanbase?
Probably, yes. Though I think he got only a little over 100? He’s got a long way to go. Not helped by the fact they keep adding more every couple of years. Trying to catch them all almost feels futile at this point. If you count all the variant forms it’s over 1200 I think? (I was curious so I counted recently.)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I stay far away from the Reddit sub thread of the Pokemon anime. It ain’t nothing but a hollow echo chamber with the most uncreative people who are stuck on XY as if it never ended. At least Twitter is funny with their posts regardless of what their opinion is.

And people be nitpicking too hard about Misty like she wasn’t like the average 90’s heroine of her time. Togepi is by far the only useless Pokémon I’ve cried over.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I stay far away from the Reddit sub thread of the Pokemon anime. It ain’t nothing but a hollow echo chamber with the most uncreative people who are stuck on XY as if it never ended. At least Twitter is funny with their posts regardless of what their opinion is.

And people be nitpicking too hard about Misty like she wasn’t like the average 90’s heroine of her time. Togepi is by far the only useless Pokémon I’ve cried over.
Reddit and Discord are benign tumors which will run out of mass eventually and collapse in on itself if there is no input of food. Twitter is the constantly mutating and metastasizing tumor

Ryker101

Fax about reddit tho. I tried it a while back and it really is as bad as people say

Twitter can be weird af. I remember a popular user joking about marrying Ash cause ‘he was an adult in their headcanon’. Like wtf. That’s when I quit using it. Not to mention all the recent discourse

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Reddit and Discord are benign tumors which will run out of mass eventually and collapse in on itself if there is no input of food. Twitter is the constantly mutating and metastasizing tumor
I've literally seen someone say something is more popular then something else in the west because of reddit. REDDIT of all places is not a sign that something is popular. You lose any argument you tried to start when you bring up something that ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.