• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 20th: MPM02 - Satoshi VS Kasumi! A One-on-One on the Beach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Yeah, I'm predicting Ash beats Misty, but she captures the Clauncher.

They're not going to have Ash lose after being world champion, and Corphish is one of Ash's best battlers. If he was using Totodile in battle I could have seen Ash losing, but not Corphish. This Pokemon took out two Frontier Brain pokemon.
So basically making the entire battle pointless, plus the whole point of the battle is that the winner gets to catch Clauncher.

Given her personality even though Misty wants to catch Clauncher I don’t think she like if Ash wins the battle but lets her catch the Clauncher anyway.

Plus whose to say that Misty’s Politoed isn’t capable of a similar feat, especially given that it’s probably has been more active in battles.

ShadowForce720

Corphish has greater feats on-screen than Politoed. And Politoed evolved at the tail-end of Johto, which was only a little before Corphish was captured.
That doesn’t really mean that much considering that Corphish hasn’t really had the chance to battle since the Battle Frontier.

Where as it’s pretty likely that Misty’s Poiltoed has been actively battling even when and Misty are offscreen.

There is literally nothing to say that Misty’s Politoed couldn’t beat a Frontier Brain’s Pokémon,

Zariful

I think it would be cool to see Ash catch another Mon like Clauncher. But it'd be kind of sad to never see it again

Bendicion

Water Master
Corphish has greater feats on-screen than Politoed. And Politoed evolved at the tail-end of Johto, which was only a little before Corphish was captured.
Scott vibes

ShadowForce720

I think it would be cool to see Ash catch another Mon like Clauncher. But it'd be kind of sad to never see it again
To be fair if they could always have it be one of the Pokémon Ash brings with him after this series in a future guest appearance where he shows up for a episode or two.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
which....means nothing considering Corphish has been out of action for who knows how long while Politoed likely has been actively battling on Misty's roster. By this point, Politoed would likely have long surpassed Corphish's abilities and experience. Achievements mean nothing if you've been inactive for a longtime without showing.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Corphish aside, if Ash is using totodile and rowlet too, is reasonable for him lose. God knows totodile could use a win, though, given it have the worst record of the three and rowlet is naturally lazy.

So basically making the entire battle pointless, plus the whole point of the battle is that the winner gets to catch Clauncher.

Given her personality even though Misty wants to catch Clauncher I don’t think she like if Ash wins the battle but lets her catch the Clauncher anyway.

Plus whose to say that Misty’s Politoed isn’t capable of a similar feat, especially given that it’s probably has been more active in battles.
I know Misty changed a lot from her OS self, but, frankly, togepi comes to my mind (Ash won the battle, Misty got the pokemon). She isn't above to get a free 'mon.

I'm 90% convinced that she's getting that clauncher, whatever is the battle's result, if only because it's her reapperance.

Unless latias is around and decides to stealth drop a shiny clawitzer on Ash's lap for compensation or something.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Corphish aside, if Ash is using totodile and rowlet too, is reasonable for him lose. God knows totodile could use a win, though, given it have the worst record of the three and rowlet is naturally lazy.

I know Misty changed a lot from her OS self, but, frankly, togepi comes to my mind (Ash won the battle, Misty got the pokemon). She isn't above to get a free 'mon.

I'm 90% convinced that she's getting that clauncher, whatever is the battle's result.

Unless latias is around and decides to stealth drop a shiny clawitzer on Ash's lap for compensation or something.
That argument doesn’t really work considering she had bonded with Togepi before the battle since she was the first thing it saw it thought she was it’s mother.

Here she hasn’t formed any bond with the Clauncher beforehand so it’s not the same thing. If they we’re going to give Misty the Clauncher regardless of the results of the battle then they wouldn’t have had her battle Ash and would have probably shown her bonding with it.

I feel like they won't give Ash a new Pokemon at this point, so no matter the outcome of the battle, Clauncher is probably going to Misty, anyway.
Some people thought or felt that they wouldn’t have given Ash a Dragonite in episode 10 of the series or ever replaced Ash and Pikachu as main characters of the anime and yet here we are.

If Misty was going to get Clauncher regardless of the result of the battle then they wouldn’t have had a actual battle between Ash and Misty for the Mon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Here she hasn’t formed any bond with the Clauncher beforehand so it’s not the same thing. If they we’re going to give Misty the Clauncher regardless of the results of the battle then they wouldn’t have had her battle Ash and would have probably shown her bonding with it.
Fair enough.

Also, by totodile's capture, Ash never bonded with totodile until after he won it in a battle.

I just think the things can go on Misty's way this time (dunno, compensation for her zero role in Journeys), even if I'd like to see Ash add that clauncher to his party.

MegaSalamence05

The only reason why I say is Ash beats Misty in the battle but Misty gets the Clauncher as a gift from Ash
is all about humility. Especially if Latias' is going to be following him and judging him and his character.

Plus it would be the same thing that happened with Misty's Togepi. Ash won that tournament between Brock, Misty and himself but Misty kept Togepi instead. Who knows Misty may get Togetic back but that's my angle. Misty would then reveal that Togetic/Togekiss is back and surprise Ash with that revelation. Then who knows

ShadowForce720

The only reason why I say is Ash beats Misty in the battle but Misty gets the Clauncher as a gift from Ash
is all about humility. Especially if Latias' is going to be following him and judging him and his character.

Plus it would be the same thing that happened with Misty's Togepi. Ash won that tournament between Brock, Misty and himself but Misty kept Togepi instead. Who knows Misty may get Togetic back but that's my angle. Misty would then reveal that Togetic/Togekiss is back and surprise Ash with that revelation. Then who knows
Not really as the difference is the fact that in the case with Togepi, Misty had bonded with it before hand and she was the first one it saw when it hatched so it thought Misty was it’s mother.

In the case of the Clauncher Misty has not bonded with the Pokémon before the battle so if anything it would be more insulting for Ash to give Misty Clauncher after he beat her in the battle because it would be seen Ash taking pity on her and instead of him coming across being humble.

In all honesty if Misty is going to get Clauncher then there is no reason for her not to beat Ash in this battle.

Heck if anything this reminding me of the situation back during the Alola League in Sun and Moon where some people were insisting that Ash was going to lose in the finals to Gladion but Gladion would give his spot in the exhibition match to Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.