• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 20th: MPM02 - Satoshi VS Kasumi! A One-on-One on the Beach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

Not really as the difference is the fact that in the case with Togepi, Misty had bonded with it before hand and she was the first one it saw when it hatched so it thought Misty was it’s mother.

In the case of the Clauncher Misty has not bonded with the Pokémon before the battle so if anything it would be more insulting for Ash to give Misty Clauncher after he beat her in the battle because it would be seen Ash taking pity on her and instead of him coming across being humble.

In all honesty if Misty is going to get Clauncher then there is no reason for her not to beat Ash in this battle.

Heck if anything this reminding me of the situation back during the Alola League in Sun and Moon where some people were insisting that Ash was going to lose in the finals to Gladion but Gladion would give his spot in the exhibition match to Ash.
Fair points. But that's just the angle I'm going at it with. Is the angle with the Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss reveal. Just cue some flashbacks but you're correct in the sense that Togepi did see Misty first even though Ash won the tournament. Clauncher would be the catalyst for it. It's also to surprise the audience. Even though Clauncher isn't Togepi by any stretch of the imagination. Is it a stretch, yes absolutely. Is it a calculated guess yes. Heck I could even be wrong. I probably am. But in scenarios I see some similarities. We don't even know if its a baby Clauncher. I want to see surprises and deep cuts and a hypothetical Togetic/Togekiss return is just right that alley. It's also something we don't expect. (Did anybody honestly think we'd see Ash's Butterfree again. Even though it was a still image pretty much. I don't think so.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
which....means nothing considering Corphish has been out of action for who knows how long while Politoed likely has been actively battling on Misty's roster. By this point, Politoed would likely have long surpassed Corphish's abilities and experience. Achievements mean nothing if you've been inactive for a longtime without showing.
This means nothing either because it's based on the assumption that his reserves do nothing on the ranch other than sit on their asses all day, which is pretty farfetched and false, if the return episodes are any indication in the past. Also, don't forget that his Pokemon, regardless of who they are, are scaled to his level.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
This means nothing either because it's based on the assumption that his reserves do nothing on the ranch other than sit on their asses all day, which is pretty farfetched and false, if the return episodes are any indication in the past. Also, don't forget that his Pokemon, regardless of who they are, are scaled to his level.
People tend to forget that Ash reserve do train at Oak lab. Remember the first Oak lab episode in JN. Oak reveals that Infernape challenge and fought with the rest of Ash fire type Mon as a training so Corphish and to the extend Rowlett (who is busy training to fight any UB attack in Alola) Leavanny and Totodile probably do trains as well when Ash is away

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Carina

Plasbad!!
Possibly but I feel there's already a lot happening so might just be a 1 on 1 because of time.
Hopefully, because more non-battle interaction between the two would be great.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Possibly but I feel there's already a lot happening so might just be a 1 on 1 because of time.
Nah, it's totally possible do a 3 vs 3 without take too much time from the episode. It would be a one shot fest, tho. A 1 vs 1 would be better only if TRio is here.

Fair points. But that's just the angle I'm going at it with. Is the angle with the Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss reveal. Just cue some flashbacks but you're correct in the sense that Togepi did see Misty first even though Ash won the tournament. Clauncher would be the catalyst for it. It's also to surprise the audience. Even though Clauncher isn't Togepi by any stretch of the imagination. Is it a stretch, yes absolutely. Is it a calculated guess yes. Heck I could even be wrong. I probably am. But in scenarios I see some similarities. We don't even know if its a baby Clauncher.

It's a reasonable guess. I doubt it's a baby, since it's doing good against corphish, for what we saw.

I'm all for Ash winning and keeping this clauncher, even if Its only episode. I think I can only wait for what's actually happening, but, until I be proved wrong, I'm guessing they'll give clauncher to Misty or no one gets it.

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Some of the scenes/moments I miss from the most recent sagas, is those moments when Ash and his friends would sit for a picnic and all of their Pokemon would be out of their Pokeballs. I hope it happens here so we can see more than Azurill, Psyduck and Politoed. Luvdisc/Kingdra/Starmie would be cool to see.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
MISTY ON JAPANESE TELEVISION!! CRYING SHAKING SCREAMING NEXT FRIDAY JAPAN TIME 6:55PM MISTY APPEARS!! HAVE YOUR CLOCKS READY!!
e91f9ef4f9eaab0a23dba4a7cc256d75bd505a6f.jpg

ae73c92620637163a0879d93f4336708bd873b4f.jpg

ea6170f2fe1c0fd39d20622f7375b47b05db373f.jpg

034abae704c5f8a5421f8633d7c891c984bb351e.jpg
I'm not usually one to gripe about animation details, but I miss the old art style that was used from the Original Series to Best Wishes. The human characters' hair looked so much better than that Sun and Moon style weirdness. Granted, Ash looked kind of goofy from certain angles but...

Also, I don't remember Misty being that cheery. I guess she mellowed out after becoming Togepi's adoptive mom, huh?

Bendicion

Water Master
Also, I don't remember Misty being that cheery. I guess she mellowed out after becoming Togepi's adoptive mom, huh?
Nope, Misty has always been that cheery. Exploring on various facets and attractive sides to Misty's personality (passion for water pokemon, competitive spirit, romantic and girly nature, sassy and cynical attitude, hotheaded and temperamental side, insecurity and timidity when she found herself in scary places or when love is in question starting to panic, intelligence and great deductive skills observing details often exposing TR behind masks etc). Becoming more mature and responsible as person. Made amends with her tragic past of growing without parents and suffering from neglect and degradation from older sisters overcoming complex of inferiority, Grew in more warm and compassionate person valuing greatly Ash and Brock to the point of crying when having to leave them at end of Johto.

Followed with overcoming childhood trauma from Gyarados and developing pride, tough side to her and independence becoming stronger and more resourceful character as Hoenn cameos showed leaving May and Max amazed. By her badass side in utilizing Gyarados or Azurill. Her sarcastic and teasing remarks toward Ash and Brock, adventurous and playful nature knowing how to take care of problems on her own and hotheaded, feisty side not letting anyone to mess up with her. Followed with nurture, care and protectiveness in taking care of Max when lost, her Togetic and supporting Ash absolutely on his future quests as revealed when watching on TV his Hoenn league performance.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I'm not usually one to gripe about animation details, but I miss the old art style that was used from the Original Series to Best Wishes. The human characters' hair looked so much better than that Sun and Moon style weirdness. Granted, Ash looked kind of goofy from certain angles but...

Misty always had a very bright and cheery personality.

To XY you mean

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, I'm open for Misty defeating Ash. It's not as if he's losing with the team that made him the Monarch and Misty has been shown to be honing her skills constantly every time she appears. She's even been training Politoed longer than Corphish and he's one of the OG's.
Quaxly time?

Status
Not open for further replies.