• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 20th: SM105 - Lugarugan Showdown! Satoshi VS Gladio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
And I must say, the episodes involving Gladion were one of the best episodes of the SM, according to me!

Genaller

Silver Soul
I’m going to be the voice of dissent here and say Ash beats Gladion this episode! I’m saying this on the assumption that they’re building to a Lycanroc vs Silvally face-off at the league meaning there’s no way Lycanroc is loosing to a Pokémon of Gladion’s that’s far inferior to Silvally especially after all the development Lycanroc got in the 3rd Grand Trial arc. Honestly if they have Lyncanroc loose here, then they’re pretty much burying its “Alolan Ace” status.

ShadowForce720

Another Lycanroc battle.

Ash, just release Rowlet and Torracat if you let them rot in their pokeballs.

What are you talking about, you sound as if you are surprised that were getting a Lycanroc vs Lycanroc when the new years preview and preview of future episodes showed this battle, so I don't know why your acting so shocked like this is the first time your hearing about it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What are you talking about, you sound as if you are surprised that were getting a Lycanroc vs Lycanroc when the new years preview and preview of future episodes showed this battle, so I don't know why your acting so shocked like this is the first time your hearing about it.
Mostly because Ash's ace is the one Pokemon with a unique design who this time isn't a starter, which is very, very odd when it's not a starter or Pikachu.

I like the fact each Pokemon of his seems to have a rival on their own, but Sunny-D Roc obviously has top preference, unless Pikachu takes the lead.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I’m going to be the voice of dissent here and say Ash beats Gladion this episode! I’m saying this on the assumption that they’re building to a Lycanroc vs Silvally face-off at the league meaning there’s no way Lycanroc is loosing to a Pokémon of Gladion’s that’s far inferior to Silvally especially after all the development Lycanroc got in the 3rd Grand Trial arc. Honestly if they have Lycanroc loose here, then they’re pretty much burying its “Alolan Ace” status.
don't forget that this is most likely the usual "pre-league" battle, in which ash tends to lose to get his revenge in the league (not to mention that both lycanrocs are fighting in the opening, instead of lycanroc and silvally), heck, they may even make mn.lycanroc pull off an electrivire and surpass silvally (who would be torterra in this analogy). We've already had the new years preview and it can be seen that when splintered stormshards and devastating drake are being launched, mn lycanroc is completely fresh even though he took a stone edge, while d lycanroc has a bunch of scratch marks from outrage (assuming that's all that has happened in the battle up to that point)

Genaller

Silver Soul
don't forget that this is most likely the usual "pre-league" battle, in which ash tends to lose to get his revenge in the league (not to mention that both lycanrocs are fighting in the opening, instead of lycanroc and silvally), heck, they may even make mn.lycanroc pull off an electrivire and surpass silvally (who would be torterra in this analogy). We've already had the new years preview and it can be seen that when splintered stormshards and devastating drake are being launched, mn lycanroc is completely fresh even though he took a stone edge, while d lycanroc has a bunch of scratch marks from outrage (assuming that's all that has happened in the battle up to that point)
Well I haven’t been up to date with the previews (I haven’t even watched an episode since SM90 lol) though a Pokémon shown to be in a loosing position doesn’t guarantee that it’ll loose the match. Also just because D-Lycanroc is going to have a rivalry with Gladion’s Lycanroc, it doesn’t rule out the Lycanroc - Silvally rivalry since they’ve not given any hint concerning which of Ash’s Pokémon Silvally will face at the League. Yeah I seriously doubt we’re getting an “Electivire” here. I could just as easily interpret this as the “blow-off” match to their unfinished battle in SM 28 where D-Lycanroc emerges victorious setting up Lycanroc vs Silvally for the league. If; however, the writers choose to go through with “formula”, then it’s horrendous ‘booking’ for D-Lycanroc that’s going to have a considerable negative impact on his battle viability rating.

nickdt

They could have a Lycanroc vs Lycanroc, but make it the first matchup and then Silvally/Umbreon vs Rowlet or Torracat. Thats much better, because that way, they also get development. This is why i am annoyed, since whats even the point in Ash having Rowlet and Torracat at this point?

Red and Blue

Even though the Lycanroc fight is the main event I really hope Gladion shows off another Pokemon or two. Please dont save his other half for the league

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least we finally know when Gladion is going to appear. Time to see his Lycanroc unleash its Outrage here and see Devastating Drake. Great to see Lillie reunite with her brother.

Kintaro

Banned
I remember people thinking this ep would be Lillie focused but it seems like it's all based on Ash Vs. Gladion, and now we know the next eps are about Sophocles/Lana, Kiawe and then Hapu, etc. Guess Lillie isn't getting an arc anytime soon. She's also still the only SM cast member without a single team change, everyone else is getting evolutions or captures.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nah, it'll probably be half battle and half interactions between Lillie and Gladion. Also team changes is so not the thing that is important for Lillie's character, not that they are in general anywhere near a good measuring stick for development. Team change is just some arbitrary measure that doesn't really say anything.

nickdt

I remember people thinking this ep would be Lillie focused but it seems like it's all based on Ash Vs. Gladion, and now we know the next eps are about Sophocles/Lana, Kiawe and then Hapu, etc. Guess Lillie isn't getting an arc anytime soon. She's also still the only SM cast member without a single team change, everyone else is getting evolutions or captures.

If they gonna do a Rainbow Rocket (Doubtful at this point, but still), i can see that being a Lillie arc more than being it anybody's elses if they completely follow the games storyline.

diakyu

Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
This is a bit odd isn't it? This is the first time he's worked on the main series right? I know about his involvement in the last three movies so I'm curious how this goes.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It seems Umbreon is the one to catch Lillie's hat. I wonder if it does it by itself or Gladion orders it to. Either way, I'm glad it does.

iD7dMm6.jpg

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yes! Another showdown between the two! Now, this is how you do friendly rivals!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summaries, looks like the old one was a mashup of these three:

While working on her research project, Lilie travels around Poni Island observing the various Pokémon living there. Suddenly, her older brother Gladio appears before her. Lilie is happy to be reunited with her brother, whom she hasn't seen in a while, but...

--

Satoshi and the others are working on research projects on Poni Island. Lilie is observing Poni Island's Pokémon when she encounters her older brother Gladio. What is Gladio thinking about here on Poni Island? Satoshi and Gladio also decide to have a battle between their Lugarugan!

--

While Satoshi's classmate Lilie is observing the Pokémon on Poni Island, she encounters her older brother Gladio. What is Gladio thinking about while he's staying on Poni Island? And in the middle of all this, Satoshi and Gladio end up having a battle between their Lugarugan.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Haven't seen Lycanroc have a real battle in a while, so I guess it's time to establish this so-called rivalry despite the fact it was with Type-Null/Silvally

M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶L̶y̶c̶a̶n̶r̶o̶c̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶P̶i̶k̶a̶c̶h̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶.̶.̶

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This is a bit odd isn't it? This is the first time he's worked on the main series right? I know about his involvement in the last three movies so I'm curious how this goes.
his/her only other work on a weekly anime I know is on 2 episodes of yugioh arc-v (I think 3 and 7), and aside from some cgi moments (more prevalent in 5ds and zexal than arc v), yugioh doesn't tend to have much complex animation with a few exceptions (like shun vs sora), though arc v ep 7(I didn't watch the other) was somewhat good animation-wise, or at least the clash between yuto and sora at the end, though I'm not sure about who animated what cut, so IDK if it was him/her

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.