• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st/28th: Pocket Monsters: Arceus, the One Called a God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see one of the best characters (if maybe not my favorite, certainly one of them) back. I did not expect him to return after his silhouette was seen in episode 18 and when Dawn mentioned him, but he is always welcome!

Will this be dubbed as part of Season 24/25, or dubbed as something else, or not at all dubbed?

Rune Knight

So far, and with Erika coming up, 3/8 of the original Kantonian Gym Leaders will have made an on-screen appearance! 4/8 if you count Surge but his was not a physical appearance. Still, it's more than we've gotten in any series thus far, so I'm hoping that the whole silhouette roster will eventually be filled in full.

I have good hopes for Misty, Surge has been teased, and I want a proper battle between Ash and Sabrina which a lot of people have speculated to be the female figure in the silhouettes that we received when Ash first entered the Ultra Class.

4/8 if you count Surge but his was not a physical appearance.
I think he will appear soon, likely in one of the next battles. Maybe not the master class but Ash has a couple of battles left to go.

Still, it's more than we've gotten in any series thus far
Excluding the original series, in which they all appeared, of course...

D

Deleted member 384931

After this Dawns appearances may slow down. Another one would be too much if I am honest. Quantity isnt equal to quality. I hate how Dawn returned THREE times and THREE times it was a Legendary pokemon,while not being much about her character or goals.

thor94

The episode summary:
Goh will do a random inconsistent thing that save the day and as reward arceus will give goh and only goh the honor to become the first human to officially catch him despite ash having done far more for legendaries (or goh will randomly throw a pokeball and arceus will be caught )

Morax

King of heroes
After this Dawns appearances may slow down. Another one would be too much if I am honest. Quantity isnt equal to quality. I hate how Dawn returned THREE times and THREE times it was a Legendary pokemon,while not being much about her character or goals.
Dude this anime is literally a billboard on nintendo street saying “buy our sh.it”. Quality has never mattered to them.

D

Deleted member 384931

Dude this anime is literally a billboard on nintendo street saying “buy our sh.it”. Quality has never mattered to them.
I wouldnt say that. Why do you think they NEVER cared?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Brock Ok makes sense I guess.

Team Galactic again wow the Pokémon Jurisdiction system have to change cause they have been only a few months in jail for Conspiracy and Atempted mass murder... This or the Pokejails suck.

It's really weird we do not know nothing of the plot of the episode and we only have a fer images to discuss, hell we do not even know if they will go to Hissui at all...

I hope Team Rocket is in it. I know that they will have their great game changing episode on the 28 but come on I want to see Hisuain Rockets with retro clothes.

D

Deleted member 384931

Brock Ok makes sense I guess.

Team Galactic again wow the Pokémon Jurisdiction system have to change cause they have been only a few months in jail for Conspiracy and Atempted mass murder... This or the Pokejails suck.

It's really weird we do not know nothing of the plot of the episode and we only have a fer images to discuss, hell we do not even know if they will go to Hissui at all...

I hope Team Rocket is in it. I know that they will have their great game changing episode on the 28 but come on I want to see Hisuain Rockets with retro clothes.
Hmm idk tbh. The plot feels all over the place. Current Sinnoh, Galactic Commanders, Hisui, Brock suddenly be here, time travel. Seems like ALOT even for 4 episodes. I doubt they can squueze JJM in it.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Hmm idk tbh. The plot feels all over the place. Current Sinnoh, Galactic Commanders, Hisui, Brock suddenly be here, time travel. Seems like ALOT even for 4 episodes. I doubt they can squueze JJM in it.

In 4 episodes you can do a lot, but you also can do nothing. It's like a movie it depends on how you organize it.

D

Deleted member 384931

In 4 episodes you can do a lot, but you also can do nothing. It's like a movie it depends on how you organize it.
I mean look at the 2 parters in Sinnoh. One of the episodes were slow, while part two had all the action. Journeys has pacing issues.
Because the status quo is still in effect. If they actually cared about storytelling they wouldn’t have milked Ash to death.
I mean he is the mascot, but isnt an excuse at this point in time.

D

Deleted member 384931

Poor Brock XD, the guy retired from adventuring so he could become a doctor and not have to deal with saving the world over and over again and Uxie/whoever brought him over is just like, "You're needed."
Lol I know right lol

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Unpopular opinion, I don’t care about Takeshi coming back.

DP!Trio had pretty poor interactions overall with Hikari/Takeshi being fairly nonexistant. I am glad they had him organically just appear without a ton of fanfare and hype to prop it up, plus Takeshi honestly never really "left" he lasted all of OS - DP, was mentioned in BW then came back for SM and now here he is again.

I'm hoping he offers something to these specials other than fanservice and nostalgia. I think I am finding myself a bit somewhat desensitized to returns...at this point it feels like a lot of hype and quality is meant to come from that somewhat without much effort. I am looking forward to the PWC and Project Mew coming back in to play or some focus on Sarunori/Satoshi mon development so we can get back to PM telling its own story.

Essentially getting another arc. that is kind of a shoutout back to the old DP Galactic arc. after coming from another arc. that took cues from the same arc. is...meh? If you're going to do a return make it about the character returning and who they are and their story not just another face to advance the plot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Making old characters return now of all times means that there are higher chances to muck their characters given the current writing quality. Dawn was done dirty the last two specials just being there to be a Piplup taxi.
I won't argue with that. Idk to what Serena or Misty would be reduced. I fear it with my life,if Dawn is an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.