• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st/28th: Pocket Monsters: Arceus, the One Called a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

KukuiFanatic501

maybe a Movie would've worked better but ok.
Agree 110% A new Arceus movie exclusively about the Hissui region story would've been so awesome in my opinion, but alas, probably too much to expect since the anime hasn't given us any Pokemon movie set in the main timeline since the XY movies.

That said, at least the writers solved the "2 episodes are too short, we should've gotten a 3 parter" issue Journeys had with the Darkrai and Winter arcs. I think this is the first time the anime's ever gotten a 4 parter special? Either way, a lot of space for things to happen are possible here.

Tho, i would rather have way more episodes than that, considering how many new forms/pokémon that game is introducing, not to mention how groundbreaking legend of arceus is for the series aswell.
Agreed. A Pokemon Chronicles type spin off that focuses on traveling the Hissui region would be cool.

Erm the Galaxy Expedition Team are called the Galaxy Gang in Japanese as well so I think that’s what the press release is referring to.
Technically, the Galaxy Expedition is practically their ancestors so technically Team Galactic's coming back :p

Jokes aside, maybe it'll be both of them? To get to Hissui, Ash, Goh and Dawn (and Chloe?) have to have something to happen to cause time travel shenanigans, so either Dialga/Palkia come back or Cyrus and Team Galactic come back to try using Arceus for whatever they want him to do for them, Ash and the others get involved, and they get time jumped to Hissui for the specials.

Though, on a smaller note, I have to ask that if team galactic was ever going to be coming back, they should've let them be behind Dialga and Palkia's stuff in the Winter Arc too.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
1. I’m glad they aren’t forcing Koharu into this, also I’m tired of looking at Eevee. I’m hoping Hikari can get her own focus outside Koharu/Pochama here as well.

2. Glad Hikari’s getting her dues because Sinnoh remake season is in effect and honestly Haruka getting ignored during XY was really dumb. lemme be stupidly optimistic for fire badger

3. I take it these will be full length episodes? If so nearly 2 hrs of content on Arceus is far superior to both returns combined. PLA actually looks good unlike worst remakes.

KukuiFanatic501

On another note, to somewhat deviate from the character discussion, I wonder what the legendaries will be doing in this special. Given how much obvious focus he'll get, Arceus appearing directly and being involved is a given, almost requirement.

And since it's confirmed that the lake trio pixies are coming back, I wonder if they'll re establish Ash and Dawn's bond with Azelf and Mespirit, and maybe make Goh connect with Uxie to replace Brock.

nuzamaki90

On another note, to somewhat deviate from the character discussion, I wonder what the legendaries will be doing in this special. Given how much obvious focus he'll get, Arceus appearing directly and being involved is a given, almost requirement.

And since it's confirmed that the lake trio pixies are coming back, I wonder if they'll re establish Ash and Dawn's bond with Azelf and Mespirit, and maybe make Goh connect with Uxie to replace Brock.
99.999% sure that the second batch of episodes airs on the release day of Legends because they spoil some of the plot which The Pokémon Company have been very hush hush about since it’s a story driven game.

More promotion. BUY OUR GAMES!!!!!
JN is an advertisement show at this point

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how the Sprites are gonna react to Go:

Azelf: Ash, so you may save our world for the umpteenth time, please accept my gift of willpower.

Mesprit: Dawn, once again I call upon you to use my gift of emotions to make the enemy see reason.

Uxie: Brock, with our knowledge combined-wait, where's Brock?

Dawn: Oh, Brock stopped travelling with Ash after Sinnoh.

Ash: This is Go, I met him a couple weeks ago. He wants to catch ALL the Pokemon. I told him all about you guys. Go, say hi to Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit.

Go: (Stunned, incomprehensible gibberish)

(Mesprit and Azelf start laughing)

Azelf: There's your great and powerful champion, Uxie.

Mesprit: Azelf, be nice, he seems like a very nice new champion, Uxie.

Uxie: I hate you both. Ah well, you'll have to do. With our knowledge combined yada yada yada let's save the world.

LucasMV

Ok, this is a bit weird. Never seen special episodes made for a particular platform before in Pokemon. I'm guessing it's a "canon-but nothing will really happen and the events of these episodes will never be referenced again-" kind of situation.

I do have Amazon Prime Video, but this'll probably only come out in Japan's version of it. So I guess the only choice is watching it through not so-legal means.

Anyways, glad to see Dawn get some more episodes, though I'd have preferred if these were aired normally instead.
Why is that a question? Why would anyone assume it isn't canon?
So, where are these supposed to fall in the timeline? In between episodes 94 and 95?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Team Galactic? But weren't they in jail or are we talking about the Team Galaxy in Legends?

My head is messed up and we have to wait more than a month.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I can’t wait for people to watch and get salty because Shirona’s ancestor turns out to be a man.

nuzamaki90

Oh yeah that too. I think this is the first time a special and game are literally coming out the same day?
Usually it’s the new anime that debuts on the same day if not the week of. If it’s four episodes, it’s for sure going to delve into at least the bare minimum of plot from Legends.

I’m just excited to see what could possibly happen. Ash and Dawn recognizing some of the ancestral characters will definitely be a treat, Dawn’s Quilava evolving into a potential Hisuian Typlohsion, Goh’s Stantler evolving into Wyrdeer, or even Ash having a battle with Arceus itself. So many possibilities in a 4 episode arc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Looking good. Also, it's looking like this one won't have Chloe so even more reason for me to be excited with it

Rohanator

How likely is it that these were originally regular episodes meant to air before Legends Arceus' release and making them Amazon exclusive was a compromise to get them out on time? Could see some captures in that case, it's not like they count on TV viewers to catch every single episode either that's why recaps etc exist.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How likely is it that these were originally regular episodes meant to air before Legends Arceus' release and making them Amazon exclusive was a compromise to get them out on time?

Considering this bit,

Satoshi, Go and Hikari are wearing the special Gablias kimono set, an exclusive Amazon.co.jp preorder bonus for "Pokémon Legends: Arceus".

I'd say these were produced in cooperation with Amazon from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.