• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st/28th: Pocket Monsters: Arceus, the One Called a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, I've been feeling a little meh on character returns too. I love the continuity and that Go is, hopefully, not stealing Brock's role but at the same time, it used to be this big, exciting event when an old character returned. Even when it was the tradition it was still an exciting prospect to see an old friend interact with the new friends. Nowadays it's not a surprise, there's not even really any fanfare most of the time just, "Oh look at that, I remember that character... neat." Gym leaders I understand, the Champions/E4 I kinda get, but there's no pizzazz with the old companions/rivals returning, they just kinda are there.

I won't agrue with that. Idk to what Serena or Misty would be reduced. I fear it with my life,if Dawn is an example.
EXACTLY WHY I DONT WANT OLD CHARACTERS TO RETURN.

Observer

Mostly watching
Poor Brock XD, the guy retired from adventuring so he could become a doctor and not have to deal with saving the world over and over again and Uxie/whoever brought him over is just like, "You're needed."

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

---Michael Corleone, The Godfather part 3

D

Deleted member 384931

Because there's no feasible way to skip the battle facilities without Ash noticing, but Journeys possesses a skip travel button.
Who knows? You would have thought in that year between the 7th and 8th badge in DP they would have found time for a Stark Mountain episode. Tho it screams something JOURNEYS would do type of thing.

nuzamaki90

Is anybody actually expecting Brock to really do anything significant here? Oh well, at least that is one more character we can cross off the list potential cameos.

Brock is a doctor, so his role will likely be with the Medical Corp while they’re in Hisui. Besides battling the villains, I’m most excited to see his interactions with Ash, Dawn, and Goh.

Besides Tracey Kiawe and the Soph, Brock hasn’t actually met any of Ash’s male companions while Ash was in attendance. Even with them though, Brock never got the chance to truly get to know them and their relationship with Ash. I feel like Brock and Goh’s dynamic will be pretty cool to see.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The thing that makes me more excited about Brock returning is that we potentially get to see two of Ash’s old companions interact instead of just interacting with Ash & Go. Dawn and Brock have an underrated dynamic imo despite being shadowed by their own with Ash so I hope they can show that here. The next step would be companions from different sagas (for example May and Serena for a Contest episode) but I’m not getting my hopes up. Still hoping that we get to see all of them come back to interact with each other around the time Ash faces Leon.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Not sure if this was posted *plz move if it isn't the right place to post this ><
Also maybe or maybe not it relates to these special episodes coming up (Dawn and Brock returning and all but...)

^We get to hear Dawns JPN VA singing some songs from Pokemon DP, Dawn's Team, and Omg omg Piplup's Past?! They showed Pikachu's for Journey's first epi so this was nice too!!!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Something I haven't liked about the anime since BW, is the fact they refuse to give the character new clothing. Dawn got nothing in BW, Cilan got nothing, Brock and Misty were stuffed back into old designs minus the vacation episodes, Iris was still wearing her same outfit with the implication she was only wearing that dress to fight Ash and now Brock returns with his Sinnoh outfit and nothing new. The only character who changed clothes is Gary and that's because it's his most recent outfit from HGSS (same with Clair and Jasmine). Not a huge issue but just a nitpick. It does make me nostalgic seeing Dawn and Brock together though. Dawn mentioned Brock in both BW and JN in her returns so it's only right. I would love for more companions to meet each other. I would say Serena meets Dawn or May but they dropped the ball with Dawn since apparently she's competed in every Contest everywhere now and who knows what's going on with May. Maybe another Wallace Cup, that occurs yearly even though time never changes?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
My boy tracey was voiced by seki ****ing tomokazu, show him some respect.

Does that saves him from getting criticized. TR duo of jessie and james are voiced by 2 of the most versatile VA's and still they get lot of hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.