• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

January 21st: XY&Z011 - Noibat and Floette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
The only way they can make that work, if is Braixen and Meowth also evolve (And we know Meowth will stay as is).

Or the radiation could work diffrently on other pokemon, which means we wont ever get delphox (which is for the best without a doubt).

Grey Wind

Why would they bother coming up with such a weird reason? They never did it for any of the other Pokemon who evolved with little to no focus.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
*Waits for Noibat to learn *insert generic flying move here*(this is why I said learning Tackle was BS)*

Seriously it should of learned Gust so it would even stand a change against Breloom. Or at the very least give it Wing Attack/Air Cutter.

Master_Tyrell

*Waits for Noibat to learn *insert generic flying move here*(this is why I said learning Tackle was BS)*

Seriously it should of learned Gust so it would even stand a change against Breloom. Or at the very least give it Wing Attack/Air Cutter.

Gust would've been a nicer move, I agree. Although this gives a new possibility for development if they decide to go for Hurricane now, which I hope is the case. I don't think there's a high chance they'll do that, though, but it would be nice to see Noibat work a bit on using it properly.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Noibat is young, Tackle is fine, problem is he should have Tackle from birth and eventually upgrade it to something else but don't forget last region Oshawott ended the region with Tackle so Noibat might be the same even if it evolves.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Honestly, I feel more like Noibat revealed Tackle rather than learned Tackle. I mean, didn't he use his attack without anyone saying something like "Oh, look! Noibat learned Tackle!" or similar? If there is no surprise, then that means that the Pokémon knew the move already but was never shown, just like Fennekin showed her Scratch way after her debut episode.

Besides, Ash didn't reveal Noibat's moves with his Pokédex like he did to learn about Scraggy's moves (at least on-screen), so who says that Noibat may not know already Gust or another Flying-type attack by the time he faces Breloom before eventually evolving and learning a new move here?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Noibat is young, Tackle is fine, problem is he should have Tackle from birth and eventually upgrade it to something else but don't forget last region Oshawott ended the region with Tackle so Noibat might be the same even if it evolves.

Oh god, Oshawott.. The fact that they never combined Aqua Jet and Razor Shell until that Da!-filler, when they had every opportunity to do so since Stunfisk&Palpitoad's capture, is a crime. It's not as if we just had a different aquatic mammal show us that it should've been quite capable of combining a move with Aqua Jet.. Because Buizel did it twice: Pulse Aqua Jet and Iced Aqua Jet.

And did it seriously and the region with Tackle? I recall Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, was Tackle seriously the last move?

I hope that doesn't happen here.. Noivern with Tackle is just.. nope.. I'm going to ignore that possibility.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh god, Oshawott.. The fact that they never combined Aqua Jet and Razor Shell until that Da!-filler, when they had every opportunity to do so since Stunfisk&Palpitoad's capture, is a crime. It's not as if we just had a different aquatic mammal show us that it should've been quite capable of combining a move with Aqua Jet.. Because Buizel did it twice: Pulse Aqua Jet and Iced Aqua Jet.

And did it seriously and the region with Tackle? I recall Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, was Tackle seriously the last move?

I hope that doesn't happen here.. Noivern with Tackle is just.. nope.. I'm going to ignore that possibility.

Well he didn't learn anything else so unless he forgot it yes he still had Tackle.

Locormus

Well he didn't learn anything else so unless he forgot it yes he still had Tackle.

Just another sign of Best Wishes' attempt of being the worst series ever. Krookodile can get two new moves just for the sake of its battle against Dragonite and Stephan and Oshawott ends the series with.. three Water-type moves and Tackle.. -.-

But that's that.. Considering the movie-merchandise isn't showcasing a 6th capture for Ash yet, there's probably ample time to give it a decent moveset that does not contain Tackle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Good moveset except I don't think he'll have both Wing Attack and Hurricane at once as a Noivern. Just one or the other.

I think he could have them both when he's at that stage since many of Ash's pokemon have often known 2 moves of the same type before. Type diversity be damned ha ha.

dman_dustin

IF Noibat evolves here, whoever composed the upcoming episodes preview should be fired.

Ash Greninja vs Charizard.

Team Rocket vs Team Flare

Dance Party with Eevee evolving into Sylveon.

Not ONE itty bitty scene of Noibat couldn't be troubled to make the upcoming episodes preview.

Instead we had to get a lengthy sneak peak of three episodes, that I honestly don't care about getting so much focus.

Eevee sending out a ribbon and evolving into Sylveon was all we needed, we didn't need Miette dancing with Ash, Serena dancing with Clemont, Pierre and Aria, or even Palermo.

All we needed from Team Rocket vs Team Flare was them protecting Blue Zygarde Core and maybe, Blue Zygarde becoming 50% form and Alain. No we didn't need Aliana using Druddigon nor did we need all those attack exchanges.

Ash Greninja vs Ash could've been cut down on parts. OR maybe some quick scenes should've been focus on other episodes.

Now I'm under the belief that Noibat will NOT evolve here, the Floette is NOT going to be unique, and this will LIKELY just be Noibat just receiving focus, which isn't bad but we didn't even get to see scenes of it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yes, but they have not cared about anything else concerning noibat so just roll with it.

And even if Noibat does evolve, Greninja's is still probably getting the spotlight for a while over Noivern. I really wished they treated Noibat with more appearances.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If this is really the evolution episode, then I see no reason why they couldn't at least teased it in the preview. It can't be for the surprise element because Sylveon had no problem getting a tease reveal.

I'm starting to feel this episode is a lot less significant than we believe.

Locormus

Why do we suddenly assume noibat is evolving despite zero hints towards it?

Well, we know it's evolving. We've seen merchandise (outside of the XYZ-poster) with pretty much all the cast, except Noibat, but with a Noivern. It's just a case of people jumping their ever impatient gun and assuming the first possibility will be it.

DotKU

Champion
If this is really the evolution episode, then I see no reason why they couldn't at least teased it in the preview. It can't be for the surprise element because Sylveon had no problem getting a tease reveal.

I'm starting to feel this episode is a lot less significant than we believe.

That's what I'm thinking, the evolution would have been hinted at at the very least like it was for the other pokemon. I'm starting to think maybe the real reason Noivern was even on that poster was because it would become pivotal towards the later part of this TF arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.